Can we finally get rid of pulling CONCORD mechanic?

No more stupid than the plot of any of the Die Hards

1 Like

So you find the “gank ship at gate, get killed by CONCORD, dock inside station, undock in rookie ships, get killed by CONCORD again, fly to your home where you have new ship” perfectly logical and making sense?

Thats a bit of a leap.

You seem to be equating the plotlines of Die Hard to something less than absurd.

All of those movies have a plot about pulling the security forces away from the actual crime thats being committed to tie them up.

2 Likes

With regards to how Concord actually works and how to manipulate their spawn times without A: doing something against the rules, and B: work within their accepted parameters I tend to refer to Tippia’s seminal work on the subject; while old it is still valid.

http://blog.beyondreality.se/TTK-CONCORD/

2 Likes

There’s plenty of things in Eve that have laundry lists of requirements in order to do or do well. That’s part of what’s cool to me! The barrier to entry for many things is relatively high, annoying, time-consuming, expensive, and / or hidden behind a wall of requiring knowledge of mechanics and how they work.

That weeds out low-effort players and I’m fine with that. I’m not against changes to things. What I like about stuff that is potentially abusable in its current state is that its open ended for players to use creatively. Start redesigning things to be streamlined in ways that CCP seems acceptable and you lose a lot of the unique ways players can create new content or situations.

I dunno I’ve always been in love with that aspect of the game. Where one player sees an unfair advantage from gamey mechanics, I see a smarter and more creative player.

1 Like

Yaah man, that is THE PLAN!!!

1 Like

How about Concord insurance, that would tie to your ship, a small Concord-repping ship, always with you like little faithful dog when in Hi-sec AND faction?

but burn jita, will be not half as cool, without dozens of concord ships on the grid :frowning:

Who the ■■■■ even cares?

The argument is that CONCORD would have established a permanent presence on the gates where the gankers gank on a daily basis. Based the insane amount of ships that have been lost, Concord would have created a new system of tracking the gankers when they come into a system, seeing as how they are all -10 status and have committed numerous crimes across many systems and over many years. To say that CONCORD, the space police, would simply not react to such a menace and threat to the shipping lines that are the arteries of New Eden is saying that CONCORD really doesn’t care about maintaining the safety of local systems.

The adage of CONCORD being bribed to turn the other way would have of course been investigated by the local corporations including NPC corporations to determine who was involved in allowing the insanity of gankers to continue to disrupt their vital commerce affairs.

CONCORD continuing to be bribed shows that the NPC empires really have no control over their own systems and that CONCORD is really a criminal organization that has somehow come to have the strongest weapons and ships and yet when the corrupt menace of CONCORD has been discovered it is illegal to remove the waste from the universe because of CONCORD having the status of law enforcement.

The most evilest of crimes are always done by people who have been given the power to protect those who elected them. Trusting that that those who protect wouldn’t use their position to take away from those who gave them the power of law enforcement.

Failing to remove the corrupt from CONCORD is just another means of the empires using secret agents to effectively control the population of New Eden so that no new empires rise up to challenge the almost impenetrable hulls surrounding the empires, mostly the Caldari, who have assigned the gankers their role to further their own police state mentality over the whole of New Eden.

The Gallente only want freedom of choice to reign supreme across New Eden. Attacking innocent ships and the cargo is not freedom. Regardless of what the menicalities of the gankers profess.

The Minmatar only want freedom to reign supreme across New Eden. Attacking innocent ships and the cargo is not freedom, but slavery to the menicalities of the Caldari.

The Amarr value life across New Eden. By destroying innocent ships and the cargo does not draw favor to the Amarr but opens the abyss to isolating their empire even more.

Only the Caldari loathing all forms of freedom would be so brash and arrogant to attack innocent ships and their cargo as attacking and destroying the innocent brings about the only sense that the Caldari hold true. Their only truth being that wealth and property are the single and sole design of the Universe.

:crazy_face:

CCP have a history of giving out a tiny buff as compensation for nerfing something else. OP’s suggestion sounds like the kind of thing that would be given as compensation for say, increasing mining barge EHP again, or flat-out increasing passive EHP of all ships again. If we ever see OP’s suggestion included in the patch notes, hold onto your butts for another ganking nerf.

Yes, I’m rather pessimistic about it.

You’re starting to catch on…

Yes, accurate statement, you almost have it,

Ya lost me.

4 Likes

They just destroyed freighter ganking with the bump nerf without giving any buffs in return

Sooner chance of hell freezing over than CCP making ganking in any way less tedious or easier

I feel like I have to point out that one slide by CCP from the keynotes.
Minmatar ships displayed, with the text “Rapid Fire.”

If that’s not an RoF buff for Artillery coming,
then I don’t know what it could be about.

Buffing Artillery is a stealth buff to ganking and they know it.

Got me super hyped about this!

They also shortened the AP distance, which is also a nerf to ganking.
The difference is definitely noticable.

Still … for now, soon, we’ll get a week of 100% lootdrops.

Doesn’t that wet your appetite at all? :smiley:

Nope, couldn’t care less

Yeah, because police don’t hang around in high crime areas in real life do they?

Are you serious? That is most stupid argument I’ve heard.

Do you realize that gankers are abusing the so called police and they drag them wherever they want?

1 Like

CONCORD arent the police.

They arent here for your benefit.