Can we have signatures?

looks like there’s none ? Or maybe I just didn’t find them ?

6 Likes

No, we have biographies. Found by clicking user’s display name or portrait.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I just saw (was going to edit actually), just sad we can’t have it permanently displayed :frowning:

But i’ll do with that v0v

Thanks

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Missing the Display of Corp and Alliance in the Profile

Can we have forum signatures under posts? That was really neat and made the forum more personal. It’s not the same having to click on their profile to see it.

3 Likes

:frowning: soem limit on seaize signature

2 Likes

I personally don’t want forum signatures under our posts. Too many abuse it.

3 Likes

It’s already been stated that forum signatures are not going to be part of these forums. I believe both CCP Avalon and CCP Falcon have stated this.

It should also be noted that Discourse forums do not allow by signatures as the designers do not like them.

2 Likes

And thats why we dont like Discourse creators.

5 Likes

There’s a reason Discourse is considered dumpster-tier compared to, say, BBS.

1 Like

Because they don’t support signatures by default?

In reality what do signatures really add to a forum post? To me they add more text, more content on a screen, more clutter.

Here is a final thing, signatures can be used to post inappropriate content site wide. This can cause issues as well.

1 Like

Ygh, ISD Stall stalling the thread with devastating arguments, like always.

How about a character limit, 1/2 (or 1/3) regular text size, gray, and no links allowed?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Now is the question how this is an argument against signatures, by CCP or the Discourse devs, if you allow for biographies with text and links anyways. Granted, it’s one more click to see the things but that can’t really be a valid reason because everything is nowadays hidden behind 1 more click than in the past.

2 Likes

Its actually the level of DUST under the dumpster. :smirk:

The Discourse devas are the ones that removed signatures because they don’t like them/are too lazy to code them in.

There is, and never has been, problems with EVE Online’s better forums for signature abuse that wasn’t easily rectified.

ISD Stall; no offense mate but simply because you don’t like them doesn’t mean that others don’t. I like them because it makes a post more personal. It’s a mark of customisation which is being eroded by social media inspired designs.

2 Likes

Sigs are silly anyways. When it comes to picture signatures it becomes a nuisance to scroll through repetition.

1 Like

I like small, compact signatures, only filling the white space. That is something forums can regulate, but not in discourse because its made with the same attitude like those totalitarian rules in some poor, third world countries. :skull:

2 Likes

But emoticons, smileys and whatnot else in topic titles or stupidly obnoxious LSD parrot gifs showing up repeatedly in topics are not silly? The logic behind this is beyond me.

2 Likes

:parrot: :parrotbeer: :parrotcop: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrot: :parrotbeer: :parrotcop: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache:
:parrotbeer: :parrot: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrotcop::parrotbeer: :parrot: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrotcop:
:parrotcop: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrot: :parrotbeer::parrotcop: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrot: :parrotbeer:
:parrotbeer: :parrot: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrotcop::parrotbeer: :parrot: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrotcop:
:parrot: :parrotbeer: :parrotcop: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrot: :parrotbeer: :parrotcop: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache:
:parrotcop: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrot: :parrotbeer::parrotcop: :parrotdad: :parrotmustache: :parrot: :parrotbeer:

I was wondering what that emoji was named, thx.

2 Likes