Cant get any jita moderation?

That would contributing to the delinquency of a miner

2 Likes

No miner would spend a weeks ISK income for a fuzzy black and white moob pic.

Would they?

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

“Deep Core miner teens in hot Mercoxit asteroid action!”

2 Likes

Well said, I tend to agree wholly with what you’ve said here.

I think the way that Jita and some other locals are full of spam is awful personally.

I do get that people want to sell stuff, plug the latest thing/scheme/etc but if the channel becomes so assaulted but repeated messages firing into it every second, creating a situation whereby the channel is effectively unusable, people do loose out, and I think that’s a bit of a pity.

For many disabled people online gaming represents an activity whereby some degree of their disability disappears and they are suddenly on a level playing field with other non-disabled people. If they are unable to communicate however some of this levelling is obliterated. To me this is an important reason why spam is pretty horrible.

:mouse:

1 Like

We did suggest the Trigs should take it…

Remember when doubling ISk that every ISk counts.
That voice makes me laugh! :rofl:

I wouldn’t mind seeing a feature in which we could choose whether or not to see messages that include Hypernet offers, though I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement such a feature.

For those who want to use Jita to chat, I do recommend blocking the spammers, like Mike suggested. I tried it on my most recent Costco run. It quiets the roar some, to at least a tolerable level.

like "block posts that contain the words “Hypernet offer” ? Should be easy enough. The question is if ccp will curtail their own gambling business in EvE.

For the sensitive people who are shocked by Jita spam, why don’t you avert your eyes, or simply not go there … Complaining about jita local is testimony to not really knowing how to handle other people’s freedom in this game.

And report any bots … especially that orca hypernet one :rofl:

The problem is not that I can’t move, or that other systems don’t have local. The problem is that spammers suppress social interaction in the system with largest population density in the game.

Now, I understand that players are just trying to get their hustle on, and I won’t fault anyone for exploiting the stupidity of others. In fact, I actually consider scamming to be a valid play style, and one that I wouldn’t want to see removed from the game. However, that doesn’t mean that nothing is lost when so much potential social interaction is prevented by an avalanche of spam.

I wish there could be a happy medium -one where jita local could be used for both social interaction and scamming. But with so many players in system, and how quickly the spam causes chat to scroll, I don’t think that’s possible. It’s pretty much one or the other.
No P2W

1 Like

I don’ think this character has ever been to Jita. How do I check that, is there a third party tool?
Mentioning it here because I find that abstinence is an effective form of moderation.

1 Like

Again, I tend to agree.

I think it’s all about things being in moderation. Posting your advert plugging the latest hypernet deal/get rich quick scheme/other enticing offer into local chat twice an hour is possibly okay. Posting it every 30 seconds, or less, is probably not.

I hope that at some stage Ai might be deployed insofar as it surely should be possible to automatically recognise a situation whereby a character repeatedly posts a message that has a similar content - it can’t be that hard to devise an algorithm for this, can it?*

When someone is doing this, repeatedly, and over any given 24hr period, I think they should, after an initial warning, get a series of auto mutes starting at 30 minutes and doubling each time (30mins, 1hr, 2hrs, 4hrs, 8hrs, 16hrs) until they stop doing it.

Unless this change happens, or there is some kind of serious moderation (which I think might be very hard and/or stressful given the sheer volume of text) nothing will change and the Jita local channel, and sometimes others too, will be effectively rendered utterly useless by selfish people who don’t care that their actions are reducing or completely eliminating social interaction.

And given that this social interaction is one of the primary reasons that huge swathes of us actually play the game, IMHO, I think it’s high time that action was taken.

:mouse:

*I recognise here that as an Ai dullard I could be wrong!

1 Like

It’s something of a shame that block functions don’t block a player. They only block a character, so all someone has to do is hop on an alt and continue spamming.

If blocking one character blocked that player entirely, one might very well cut the spam in Jita in half with two or three blocks.

1 Like

While it would be great for this purpose (although as EVE is free to play anyone can create any amount of accounts as well for free so would be easy to get around) this could be used to uncover alts of a character on the same account which would be out of balance.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.