Jita local lol?

Hey CCP the amount of chat spam and bots is insane last few days

Needs to be ended one way or another, there is like 200 russians using bots mass spamming these stupid expired implants lol

If I was a noob and went to jita id say eff this game log off and delete from my comp, its that retarded

1 Like

As one of the discount merchants operating in Jita, I can assure you I am completely human and am not the bot you are looking for.

(we hate the bots more than you do, they are our competition)

https://support.eveonline.com

File a ticket.

3 Likes

yeah so I can get copy paste reply while they stuck there thumbs up there… while collecting loads cash from bots

1 Like

And what’s the point of posting it on the forums, where they don’t read it?

3 Likes

Minimize local. Problem solved.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

OP has a point. Jita local gives a very bad impression to new players who observe the rife spam botting totally ignored by the developer.

1 Like

Local in Jita is an eye opener, for sure, but new players only have to visit any other system to get an entirely different experience.

Free speech means accepting speech you loath, diversity means tolerating things you don’t like.

Clearly a lot of folks enjoy the market based pvp that goes on in Jita. It can be extremely funny to engage in banter in Jita local. Now that play style isn’t my cup of fish, but who am I to judge the market pvpers and take away their bit of the game?

Eve is vast. We have wormholes, low sec, null sec, high sec, trading hubs, empires, npc sov, player sov… we have PVE and PVP, we have station trading and industrial simulation.

The way to make eve even better, perhaps, is to be constructive about the parts you do enjoy, and let others live in their bit of the game, and develop it as they and CCP think best.

As for new players, if a newbro thinks Jita is full of freaks who disgrace the human race, advise that person to get into wormhole space. There they can enjoy a local chat and market environment full of the opposite kind of challenges.

There is something for everyone in Eve. Live and let live.

2 Likes

I’ve always liked the fact that Jita has that Mos Eisley Cantina feel about it. If EVE is a microcosm of the real world, and I’m pretty sure it is, then there should be a place full of scumbags where people try to scam you all day long, a corrupt, lawless, watch your back kind of place where the rules of polite society are not obeyed.

4 Likes

Jita local spam has always been rickdiculous.

1 Like

Those chat bots artificially inflate the declining PCU numbers as shown by the “failing double head-and-shoulders” death curve on Chribba’s website

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

CCP HAS EVEN GOT REDDIT/R/EVE TO BECOME FAKE NEWS

THEY NOW HIDE THE EVE-OFFLINE WIDGET SO WE CANT SEE THEIR DECLINING PLAYERCOUNT.

ALSO R/EVE NOW HIDES THE CURRENT VIEWERS ON THE PAGE.

They still show subs, but unlike literally almost every other subdomain, r/eve now hides the current number of viewers.

Ccp got to them, if they hire some RUSSIAN CHAT BOTS ON R/EVE YOU WILL SEE THE CURRENT VIEWER NUMBER BACK.

Ccp loves bots.

Hell they want to be like Lawnmower man with his Virtual Reality and robots

1 Like
  1. before entering Jita: Switch to another chat tab
  2. after leaving Jita: Switch back to local tab and quickly click “clear all content”

EVE basics.

1 Like

The bots are pretty bad. The threads are literally scrolling faster than you can see them. Everything seems to be spamming the Crimson Harvest Cerebral Accelerators (which can’t be sold and don’t appear under contracts).

1 Like

Cam! Welcome back again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.