Capsule SKINs not worth purchasing

While I like obtaining SKINs for the various ships that I use I have found that SKINs for capsules aren’t worth purchasing since the capsule always reverts to its default each time you leave a ship.

You can switch ship to ship and the last known SKIN that was implemented for said ships will still be enabled, however, when losing or leaving a ship, the fancy SKIN you have for your capsule will not be enabled.

The SKINs are still available for the capsule, you just have to re-enable the SKIN for it to be applied. (You do not have to buy and activate a new license). It’s not a show stopper, just disappointing that you cannot up and pop into capsule mode with your favorite SKIN already defaulted and enabled.

CCP does not consider this a bug but rather a ‘quirk’ that is a behavior working as intended.

Still, it’s annoying enough that I wouldn’t consider purchasing capsule level SKINs. All other hulls are open game :-):smiley:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”

3 Likes

If you’re flying a pod, you’re playing this game wrong.

What? Are you implying that if someone gets his ship destroyed then he’s playing EVE wrong?

3 Likes

I noticed that issue too. very annoying. If you have switched to a custom SKIN for your pod, you want it to stay that way even if you switch ships. CCP please fix.

2 Likes

Something something legacy code…
Pods arent ships, so the skin system doesnt apply to them. it sucks, but CCP have said they arent sure it will ever get “fixed” because it requires a re-write of how the skins system applies to pods and how pods are handles.

Maybe they will re-consider, once they realize selling pod SKINs that work might open up a new revenue stream for them :wink:

1 Like

Perhaps, one could only hope it will work at some point. But it might be to much of a hassle, compared to making other stuff. Re-writing old systems is some of the most difficult things to do, its much easier to develop new things hehe

1 Like

Back in the dark ages, before skins were a thing, CCP created a special edition implant Genolution ‘Auroral’ AU-79 that gives you a golden pod.

They are available on the market for several billion ISK or by purchasing the Second Decade Collectors Edition

Markee Dragon are selling item codes for the golden pod and Gnosis separately - they are a CCP authorized reseller so this is presumably with CCP’s blessing. https://store.markeedragon.com/catalog/EVE_Items_Code_Second_Decade_Golden_Pod.html

3 Likes

I’m implying that if you spend enough time in your pod that you want to look pretty doing it, you’re probs playing this game wrong.

Some buy trousers…

2 Likes

Aye, I still have mine plugged in and its is a really cool look. One of these days I’m probably gonna screw up and inadvertently destroy the implant but until then at least when I lose a ship or have to travel by pod it automatically looks cool.

Just wanted that same effect from the SKINs for capsules for my other personaiities.

I understand that code updating can be difficult and it is most likely due to the implant portion of the code that makes it a bit more challenging but until it is corrected i just find it too inconvenient to enable a capsule SKIN each time I go pod because I do not stay in pod long enough (whether by choice or not :stuck_out_tongue: ) to make it worth the time.

Again, it isn’t a show stopper, but as someone else mentioned, its a lost revenue stream for CCP as this becomes more well known and people just don’t spend the dough.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”

Aye, but when you get podded those trousers are still on; your capsule, however, gets its pants blown right off…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Or that you heroically sacrificed your Sabre for the greater good of the rest of your fleet. That’s not wrong at all, is it?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.