Capsule Subsystem Holostorage EH-CN-J44-003

Capsule Subsystem Holostorage EH-CN-J44-003
Although battered and scorched by the destruction of the capsule it was installed in, this subsystem holostorage device seems to retain some recoverable and relatively easily decrypted data:

“–eard from one of the cell members based in the Amarr Trade Registry offices. Passed on some information about EDENCOM spending priorities during the invasion he’d dug up while sifting some secure archives. Crazy those Amarr. They document everything. Three times over. And then another agency does it all over again. I mean the information doesn’t really surprise me. We all knew that EDENCOM is an Amarr pl–”

What the ■■■■ is this?! How has it been two years for us to find this ■■■■ out?! How many freed brothers and sisters have died under this false Amarr banner? Any Matari with an ounce of self respect still flying alongside these ■■■■stains should drop their association as soon as possible. If you don’t, then you’re not one of us and the blood of Skarkon and Krirald is on your hands.

Screw your EDENCOM and Screw your Empress.

Three hours into your capsuleer career and you’ve already exposed our Great Conspiracy! Curse you Erikk Albosa!

In all seriousness, we do document these sort of things and I’m sure the governments of all EDENCOM
partners have more reliable information to base their commitment to EDENCOM on than a fragment of a conversation between two pilots.

Welcome to space. Try not to believe everything you read. You might find a bit of Scripture and then you’ll have to find out how deep the Amarrian Great Conspiracy really goes!

5 Likes

While I do not trust a hnolku guri ty on principle, this intelligence lends credence to several private suspicions.

I do not offer any firm conclusions, but I will point out three facts for consideration:

1. This log appears formatted as diary rather than a memorandum. It is, so to to speak, “raw intelligence” not intended for wide dissemination. This makes it less likely to be purposeful misinformation.

2. The source appears to be low ranking, but the suspicion is not private, and is presented as common knowledge.

3. The intelligence aligns with private statements from other, independent sources before the time of this collection, but to my knowledge this theory has not been widely disseminated in public.

Remember, only the paranoid survive.

2 Likes

I first read that as Capsule Subsystem Holostage and for some reason pictured a pole and, well, none of that matters.

An Amarrian “pl…”

Hmmm.

Plebiscite?

Platitude?

Place?

Placenta?

Pluribus?

Plutonium?

Plutarch?

Plant?

Plesiosaur?

Oooh! I’m fond of “We all knew that EDENCOM is an Amarrian plesiosaur.” This is exactly why I was telling that bleached drug mule that cultists play a vital role in the food chain. We know how to decipher conspiratorial plots…

Great SOCT, darlings!

That’s it! Notice the awkward use of tense. “We all knew that EDENCOM is.” Grammatician! Grammatician to the bridge! One of those sentence diagram things ought to clear this up right quick.

Edencom is an Amarr plot?!

Who would’ve thought?

Oh no.

Anyway…

4 Likes

What?

I am entirely serious. Both on the the subject matter and on the tone that this “revelation” needs. Anyone with eyes has already seen it.

1 Like

This alleged leak speaks of EDENCOM’s spending priorities though, not the Triglavians.
Not to lend any legitimacy to a pirate’s intercepted comms, but it is rather strange how much more successful the Empire was in their defense, and how they were the only ones to be reinforced by Gunstar installations for the majority of the conflict.

Claiming that the Empire orchestrated the invasions is lunacy. Claiming that Kasiha Valkanir has a specific bias on the other hand?

3 Likes

Oh, did we not sacrifice to a level that you deem adequate? Are the hardships of the Republic, Federal, or State forces who put their lives on the line less meaningful than those of the Empire? Don’t you dare try and suggest that your navies are the single most important pillar in the Triglavian defense. Every single soldier under every banner contributed more than enough. Suggesting otherwise backhands every other nation who spilt blood to protect your systems and your people. That is unfair and entirely undeserved.

The Empire did not cause the invasions, nor is Catiz the secret long-lost sister of Zorya or any other grade F holovid nonsense like that.

But when the invasions happened, the Empire used every bit of the joint defense it could for its own benefit and to further its own agenda.

Amarr fortresses and victories were fortified before anyone else’s. Amarr systems were defended first. Valkanir is an Amarr faithful - and not by birth but also by choice.

There are now three Fortresses under joint control on the easiest way from the Great Wildlands to Domain, conveniently situated in the Sasta border pipe and in Teonusude, the border system from low to highsec.

The Empire is old, Amicia Cora. This is the kind of game it plays. Take a situation and manipulate it to offer the choice of bad or worse.

Not that others don’t play the same kind of games. That’s how the Long Night ended; we saw a chance and took it and offered a bad peace that was still better than what fighting would have cost you. In EDENCOM, the Empire played them better than others.

As to me as a Midularite… the Chaptermaster of PIE Inc likes to say Midular would have been a bigger threat to the Empire in the long run than Shakor’s government can be. They are not wrong.

7 Likes

She is, sadly, as dead as Heideran.

Then maybe you should be more careful with how you word things, because reading that was extremely off-putting and makes it seem as if the Amarrian Empire was more valuable an entity in the defense than any other. It was not and is not, but a mindset that believes otherwise would certainly track with you.

It was ambiguously worded due to the muddled use of us/we/our, but I interpreted Amicia’s statement as referring to the previously mentioned joint-defense organization, not solely to the Amarrian contribution to EDENCOM.

1 Like

Even if Amarr was the leading proponent of EDENCOM, what is the accusation? Encouraging the Cluster to collectively defend itself seems reasonable. Is the premise that Amarr is now somehow able to take sole control of EDENCOM’s resources?

Funny you say this.

Because that is clearly not what Else meant.

Unless of course it confirms your biases. Obviously.

2 Likes

Of course. As a True Amarrian I wholeheartedly approve of anything that confirms that I’m always right, especially if it’s written down.

3 Likes

Please do.

1 Like

I mean, EDENCOMM is an arm of CONCORD, right? And CONCORD was established by treaty between the four empires according to a framework proposed by… the Amarr. So clearly, CONCORD is an Amarr plot, and as a result, all aspects of CONCORD are just aspects of the plot.

Not that anyone pointed out that putting an Ammatar in charge of it favored the Empire, or that the initial defenses favored the Empire, or that utter failure to integrate and homogenize asset deployment favored the Empire (what with tracking disruptors’ particular effectiveness against Entropic Disintegrators, a fact that was well-understood before the invasion began)…

I mean, really, the only appropriate response to all of this is ‘Well duh, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t be used for some benefit to the other nations.’

2 Likes

You mean capsuleers?

I would agree with this point, at least, and suggest that the failure to adopt mixed fleets on part of EDENCOM has more to do with national pride on rest of Big4s part than it does any aspect of Imperial policy.

A strong EDENCOM is a favorable state of affairs to Amarr, so in that sense it of course it is good for the Empire, but the way the war developed, especially as regards the Caldari State, was far from ideal from my perspective.

2 Likes