Carbon...Uh...Neutrality?

That’s why I posted to be careful with dreams, they’re not always what we think they are.

And what about when they predict the future?

We’re not talking about short-term memories. Some of those dreams I had manifested themselves years and decades later.

There’s a lot of misconceptions about dreams themselves, let alone the brain.

There are several kinds of dreams. The ones that interest me are the ones I don’t remember after I wake up but play out in real life years later.

Not interested.

Er right. And what powers forbid magic exactly?

I see you’re not willing to take this conversation seriously. You don’t have to.

This is how I see it:
It have to be reality giving you informations that then is processes during the sleep. Conclusion is the effect of process taking part while being awake. There is nothing that couldnt be predicted in those significant dreams I remember. Reality causes serious response during sleep.

Nothing like that. Its the brain being correct in drawing conclusions from things causing impact first in real world before they happen. The reality leads to prophetic dreams because the information about reality was gathered in enough quantity to suffice for conclusion. All the things were happening in dream because of something that happened first in reality.

Brain is doing research during sleep. :brain: :zzz:

Also, I remember having conversation about Ukraine years ago, probably 10 or even more, that involved arguing about possible war in Ukraine. It was known that Russia have that appetite for Crimea years before, and is weakening Ukraine by use of special agents and spais. Ukraine people had to know it even more than me, perspective of being so close and impacted so hard.

My dream was significant to me because it was correct, while in Ukraine they were preparing for war long before it happened. At least from 2014.

As long as you can’t exploit that ability to actually predict stuff then you don’t have a very good case to believe that, other than the warm feeling it gives you that you are special.

I absolutely believe you that you had this experience and that it felt real. But how do you know this wasn’t just created by your brain and has actually something to do with a hidden reality outside your brain?

You don’t have to explain yourself, honestly you can believe what you want. But since you brought it up I’m currious what makes you so sure.

I had a deja-vu once under a lot of alcohol and weed, and I was at the same time convinced I am experiencing something for the second time and sceptical that my brain is fooling me. The ability of our brains to remember things and string momories together is at times very flawed.

As someone who has actually learned quantum mechanics I have to tell you that you are probably looking in the wrong place.

There isn’t anything unknown about quantum mechanics when it comes to the actual theory. It’s just that when science educators try to explain it in non-math, ■■■■ gets completely out of hand and that is then exploited by charlatans to justify all sorts of crazy stuff that has nothing to do with the theory anymore.

I love how a thread about climate change quickly devolved into man-bashing and something about magic. Such topics tend to bring out the kooks…

Every night I dream of the next day’s winning lottery numbers. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the numbers until a few seconds after they are announced :frowning:

1 Like

I’m not seeking to exploit it. I’m seeking understanding only. That understanding will enrich my knowledge of this world, something I’ve been after since puberty.
I’m special to my kids, that’s enough good feeling for several lifetimes.

I don’t. That’s exactly why I’ve been investigating on all of it for quite some time.

I’m sure of what I know and that’s a big word concerning this subject, but I didn’t bring it up, Nana did.

Those aren’t to be consumed at the same time :sweat_smile:

Yes, especially when it’s memories out of dreams locked in the brain for decades that get triggered when they happen in our reality.
I’m not out to believe just anything and anyone who happens to sound good. I’m a big skeptic, I need as much proof as humanly possible from different sources in different fields before I even start considering something “weird”.

Only time will tell but with something like that, all avenues of research are valid until they are invalidated either by hard science and/or personal experience.

Almost all fields of science are incomplete and need to be explored further. That’s why scientists still have jobs. It’s a continuous process to understand our world, things seen and unseen by the naked eye.
Who knows what we’ll discover next?

As I said at the beginning of this tangent, I’m nuts :smiley:

It’s about the terms.
A predictive system that has no impact on reality is only predictive in terms.

When we talk prediction, we talk tools. A tool is adequate when it offers a better result than if you were not using it.
For example, a potato is not an adequate tool to hammer a nail.

So if you dreams are “in accordance to reality past the time you dreamt of them” but they are not exploitable, then that is not prediction. That is survivor bias : you mostly remember the dreams that were intense or which you remembered in a situation, calling them “predictive” - but you don’t remember the dreams that were not intense nor matched a situation.

I dreamt once of being warp scrambled, neuted and jammed to death close to a gate I could not reach.
My hull was going down, my friends were warping in but too slow, the time was stretching, I was overheating (fever) …
turns out that never happened. I got blapped a lot, or something like 10s fight, but never a blob using ewar to keep someone out of gate

I agree. I didn’t invent the term “premonitions” but yet it’s there for a reason.

Or information. Which is useful in certain circumstances.
Not everything is mean to be used. Somethings are just there to be understood and enrich the person psychologically or intuitively.
There is such a thing as a “gut feeling”. Can’t be explained but its effects are real.

I don’t know how to categorize and label things as ethereal as dreams. I’m not a scientist. I only know what I know based on sometimes subjective and sometimes objective observations to which conclusions are tentative and ongoing.

Nope. I do remember all kinds of dreams, good and bad ones, there’s no apparent order or sense to that.

It has little to do with the intensity of the dream or the situation.

That doesn’t prove or disprove anything.

From you tube?

Whatever. This is too far away from carbon neutrality topic I think.

I am cutting down on it right now. Over and out.

1 Like

I think you may be right :sweat_smile:

Time to close the parenthesis.

Don’t you mean poddings?

No, like proper in university

No, I mean Carbon…Uh…Neutrality?

I get why you dodged. You claim mysterious powers prevent us from magic, unknowable by humans, but somehow you must know or wouldn’t say that.

Do you understand how that sounds bruv?

You are also basically claiming psychic powers. I would love for psychic powers/magic to exist bruv. I’m one of the biggest sci-fi/fantasy nerds you’ll meet.

However, there is one clear cynical indicator that none of these things exist reliably if at all sadly.

And uh, what are we basing this pseudo-science on?

I’m sure so did others? It was a large likelihood, not psychic LOL.

I get you want to feel special. I get you want to feel a sense of order in a chaotic world.

However, sometimes bad things happen mate.

Well I find peeps who believe in all that stuff usually believe in magic and all the usual conspiracy theories.

I mean I wish magic was real. But it’d be a system like any other and if it did, we’d know about it because humans would be killing each other with it post haste.

Of course. Cause you can sense the impending logic bomb :smiley:

1 Like

No. I said it’s forbidden, but you’re not prevented, you have free will.

It’s known by humans or I wouldn’t it know it.

I understand exactly how it sounds and that doesn’t disturb me because I know what know and am still searching for more.

No you don’t. I feel I’ve said enough and more. You want to know more you’ll have to work for it yourself because it’s not like Math or History, it’s not taught, it’s experienced. Believe what you want to believe based on your predispositions. I’m not here to preach anything, I just replied to Nana Skalski and you all jumped into the convo to prove you aren’t nuts like me. Great. Happy for you.