Cargo Scanners - Proposed Changes

I would recommend that the cargo scanner modules no longer be able to scan data/relic sites, or any “cans”. for that matter. The module should be changed to scan cargo holds of ships only. This would also put a dent in the continued botting of relic/data sites, and eliminate the problem of uncompleted data/relic sites as well.

2 Likes

It won’t eliminate the uncompleted sites, people can just stop after the first big win, hit and run.

It’s also not a problem as they respawn in time.

I’m pretty sure scanning is a manual activity. Show proof of botting please. The burden of proof is on you. Also if you have such proof, why haven’t you ticketed it?

What’s next? Removing ore scanners from miners? Removing ship scanners from gankers?

It also stops people like me just sitting doing uncompleted sites for fun. Yes, I do that sometimes just to trigger a respawn even though it respawns on a timer anyway.

1 Like

I didn’t say this would eliminate uncompleted sites; “making a dent in” implies reducing incompleted sites.
You are correct in that I am assuming botting activity, and I may be wrong in that assumption. This post was only about cargo scanners, so bringing in other types of scanners is not relevant.

You said and I quote “and eliminate the problem of uncompleted data/relic sites as well.”

1 Like

It won’t end botting at all. It will just make it worse for actual people to scan and do exploration. I use the cargo scanner extensively to leave behind unfinished datas and relics just so that other people and bots find these corpses and are being dissuaded from coming into my space.

Bots don’t care about the scanner. All it does for them is speeding up the hacking process. But that goes for actual humans, too. Without the scanner, they just need a bit more time. That goes for actual humans, too. The difference is that bots do’t care about time. Humans do. That means in turn that humans waste more of their precious time while bots just waste time that they have anyway.

REDNES

2 Likes

We won’t waste time, after the first big can we just move on then without the cargo scanner. You failed in solving a non-problem.

lol well i did, didn’t i? I officiailly retract “eliminate” and insert “reduce”. Thank you.

that’s actually some good points to consider, thank you.

If you have proof of botting, ticket it. Why are you not ticketing automation if you are sitting on proof?

You don’t go out and punish everybody else as collective punishment for the crimes of somebody else just because.

Got information on the tools and software they’re using? Why is that not ticketed? Why not ticket the actual accounts?

You’re assuming I haven’t placed a ticket; perhaps I have. I’m under no obligation to disclose that to you. And I haven’t punished anyone; you’re acting like CCP already changed the mechanic.

TLDR: FUD.

It won’t eliminate the uncompleted sites, people can just stop after the first big win, hit and run.

This makes zero sense. There’s usually more than one good can in a site.

I’m pretty sure scanning is a manual activity. Show proof of botting please.

Sounds like something a bot would say. For real though, and I can’t believe I have to convince someone of this, but exploration bots are an actual thing.

What’s next? Removing ore scanners from miners? Removing ship scanners from gankers?

Dogs? Cats?! Living together!?!

I absolutely support the suggestion of removing cargo scan ability from relic/data sites

This makes zero sense. There’s usually more than one good can in a site.

Doesn’t stop player behaviour of just leaving when you get a good can (or two) and leaving the uncompleted site behind. I may do that just if this change comes, which I do not think it will.

Sounds like something a bot would say. For real though, and I can’t believe I have to convince someone of this, but exploration bots are an actual thing.

If you have proof, why have you not ticketed botters? Isn’t that the right thing to do?

What we have here is a farmer crying about finding unfinished sites and being too late. Too bad. So what if they’re unfinished, they respawn and disappear on a timer anyway, they can also use a cargo scanner to scan the cans and save their time, or just move on to a new site if they see an unfinished one like a normal person. They can also finish it to trigger an early respawn.

Pony up the proof, the burden of proof is on you to show botters, what you do is resort to calling everybody that disagrees with you a botter.

Changing cargo scanners won’t solve a thing, I will go out and leave more unfinished sites just because, you see I don’t explore for isk/hr, I do it for fun. You will see no change, you will be back here screaming “botter” again.

Empty cans should just not be counted by the site and should cause them to close.

No reason to take away a tool just because their site code is ■■■■

Just reduce the site spawn timer.

Sites disappear and respawn periodically anyway. It’s a non-problem, the problem here is a farmer being too late and having to put in scan effort then seeing somebody got there before them and they cry a river because they didn’t get their lollipop.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

Reducing the spawn timer wouldn’t really do anything considering most spawn near immediately after closing.

The site should just register complete once it’s… you know complete

1 Like

They disappear and respawn when compelted, they also disappear and respawn when uncompleted… after a period of time.

This is a non-problem.

I explore and have no problem with uncomplated sites, to respawn them faster I just complete it.

The real problem here is an isk/hr farmer crying for being slow and expected to win every time every site, he assumes he owns the site he scans down, and rightfully his. Wrong.

He doesn’t like competition, I have had people sit up my backside when hacking and when I fail a hack they hack it before I can restart the hack and they get it, that’s part of the exploration game.

That’s the problem, they don’t.

They do. I have sat in them after completing them and they disappear after a short time. The site literally disappears around me.

Going through and taking everything off value our of the cans is not enough to flag the site as complete.

They also won’t despawn if a player is actively inside them