Carrier control issue

I’ve spent hours working on this, without finding a solution. I just don’t get it.

Every time I try to carrier rat, I warp to the site, align carrier, activate modules, blah blah. Then I launch fighters, and before sending them to orbit an enemy, I TRIPLE CHECK THAT THE CARRIER IS NOT SELECTED. I even go through the trouble of selecting the carrier, and then unselecting it, so that I see the selection dot on the carrier ‘select,’ then ‘unselect’ it so only fighters are left selected. I then command the fighters to orbit the enemy.

When I do this, every single time not only do the fighers orbit the enemy, but the carrier then unaligns and tries to orbit the enemy. This causes all kinds of trouble, because you then have to spend time reselecting the carrier and re-orienting it while your fighters get shot up.

This is highly annoying, and I don’t get it. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Yeah I actually do remember this from back when I used to rat. It’s late and I can’t remember how I solved it but it’s not a bug I did work it out. I’ll try to remember tomorrow. Sorry I can’t help more man :stuck_out_tongue:

Might be that the hotkey you’re using to tell fighters to orbit is also ship orbit or something.

On the tip of my brain… :tired_face:

iirc this is why you don’t use the function keys for fighter/drone control. I have a tendency to spam keys in an emergency (like recalling fighters when I need to warp out because someone attacks me) and i would notice that doing so would break my alignment for some reason.

1 Like

Perhaps permanently separate the fighter controls out of the HUD? Worked for me, anyway.

I have dragged the controls out from their default position. Is that what you mean?

I’m sure @Jenn_aSide is right that it has something to do with using hotkeys, but I hope I don’t have to give up those. Maybe @Keno_Skir or someone else will chime in later with a solution.

Nope. Works fine for me.

Edit: I don´t keybind the orbit-function on my fighters.

Clearly your incompetence plays a huge role in your failures I suggest go watch alot of YouTube videos and get good

I found that I was doing this because whenever I activated my NSA, my fighters got deselected.

Try not having anything in your f1-3 slots. If that doesn’t work try putting some passive modules in your f1-3 slots.

What are fl-3 slots?

Just spitballin ideas here… but f1-3 are your guns, micro and missile volley on your fighters. I’ve had issues before If I have active modules in those slots on my carrier… :man_shrugging:

edit: (I mean the slots next to your capacitor donut). I know it has nothing to do with ship orbit, but it’s caused issues for me before. Anythings worth trying.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.