[CAVTT] The Test of Faith

The material on display in this public communications stream is very disturbing.

Very disturbing indeed.

St. Junip tells us that faith must not be squandered. It is at the center of a society that believes in truth and justice.

Faith is our oasis. Holy Amarr is the garden it has brought it into being.

Mind that we measure faith and keep it, so that the garden can be cultivated and flourish in the light.

Faith. True Faith. At all times.

Khemon Dulsur an-Tetrimon

Grand Master,
Order of St. Tetrimon

13 Likes

Anyone have a Kernher corpse for sale? Asking for a friendā€¦

I mean, I think everyone has been looking at the Dukeā€™s words from the wrong angle.

Now that public declaration that Duke Chakaid (congrats on the promotion by the way) could be running around wearing Samiraā€™s face, as soon as someone gets promoted to Sah-Baron she has carte blanche to do whatever she likes and blame it on the good Duke.

Want to hold up a Spiced Wine shipment? Declare that you are working to Pacify under the name of The One True God.

Want to free a load of slaves? Declare their Holder as a blasphemer who deserves to be cast into the emptiness of space for all eternity, their soul cast asunder and their corpse shall be used as a warning unto others of the Fate that the Lord holds in store for those who emulate them.

Want to make a speech denouncing the Empress and suggesting that King Khanid is more righteous and the rightful Emperor? Well, that may be a little too ambitious but, yeah, go for it.

Basically, as soon as you see a new Sah-Baron in Aridia or wherever, Samira has plausible deniability granted.

So, err, why not allow me - an escapee from the Khanid justice system - to become a Sah-Baron? I mean, that sounds like a good PR move for the Duke doesnā€™t it?

Dude, you are bat crap crazy.

1 Like

I wish I could say I am surprised by this kind of depravity.

1 Like

This sounds like the plot of a terrible holovid.

Well, we all kind of suspected Alar had an obsession with wanting to be inside Samira.

But, umm, not like this.

I mean, sure, some people have a thing about turning the skin of their enemies (or sometimes their friends) into a hat, or gloves, or boots. But that is just clothing and apparel.

This is on a whole different level of twisted perversion.

Your behaviour disgusts and offends me, ā€œDukeā€ Alar.

1 Like

You are correct in your thoughts. I did fight down on Alkabsi, and I killed plenty of rebellious slaves, individuals driven into madness by that vile substance that was distributed by outside forces, and also protected those that sought shelter against such an atrocity.

Towards the Duke of Fabai, I say this: Your words are a travesty to spill from the lips of one that declares themselves a member of the Faith; They are liable to be implying a enjoyment towards the suffering of one Ms. Kernher. Punishment of a heretic should not be fulfilled with joy nor desire. Such things are a burden that must be carried, and repented, for by the one performing the punishment.

I am not a supporter of Ms. Kernherā€™s ideals, at least at the rate of change that she is desiring. Can our Empire be improved? Of course, lest we grow stagnant and liable to fall based on simply not changing. Remaining the way that we have, not because that is what is best, but because of ā€œThat is what has always beenā€, is simply dangerous. First the Drifters and now the Triglavians have made appearances within our space, and in both cases so far the Empire has been caught flat-footed and without a decent response.

ā€œIn the beginning all things were as one.
God parted them and breathed life into his creation
Divided the parts and gave each its place
And unto each, bestowed purposeā€

- The Scriptures, Book I 1:4

Perhaps this is the role that Ms. Kernher has been granted; to alter the nature of our Empire to be less built on the ancient rite of Faith, to one built once more for the actual Faithā€¦ Threatening to wear her skin as a combat suit is advertising yourself towards darker lines of Faith, even if you are only wearing ā€œbrieflyā€. You would do best to seek proper spiritual assistance.

2 Likes

I may be a little late to say so, but almost a year ago, I made a promise to Samira Kernher that I would be among the first to embrace her teachings as an initiate. I aim to keep that promise. Her voice is the one we need to end the corruption festering at the heart of Holy Amarr. Peace unto you, Samira Kernher. One day you shall be declared a saint.

5 Likes

So this is the squawking of Amarrā€™s elite? truly your society is as primitive as it is cruel. I previously wondered how the Minmattar Rebellion was able to succeed, and how the Elder Fleet went so long without being suppressed. And of course the fact that the Drifters could take out your head of stateā€™s Titan within a few seconds! Though if this is the management your Empire has then Iā€™m surprised you ever made it off your home planet. The fact that someone of this nature made it to your position is beyond a joke.

1 Like

Believe me, this is a widely held sentiment among the Faithful.

4 Likes

Well said, Lord Lokā€™ri.

Samira Kernher:

The path of dissent can be a difficult one, but all too often it becomes necessary when the iniquities of the unjust and the corrupt close all other paths. You may not have chosen this path entirely of your own volition, but sometimes it falls upon the strong and powerful to lend voice of credence to the weak and silent, for no other reason than it to be the correct and right thing to do.

I wish you well upon your course.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.