[CAVTT] The Test of Faith

Admiral;

Thebeka was, in the end, the place with the most concentrated and definitely most public outside support. However, when the support, that originally did go to other places too, concentrated in Thebeka, it was because Thebeka was already the main place still fighting. I admit I am prideful enough to wish I could say we made it so, but no, it was not us, it was the people of Thebeka themselves.

And that was not due to riots. That was due to resistance, and for certain elements of fate and luck in the other places. You can keep on telling yourself otherwise, but it won’t change the fact that the resistance was always there. Moreover, it is still there - not just on Thebeka, but also on Alkabsi, on Mabnen, and on countless other places - and it will always be there, until it is over. Nothing I can do or refrain from will change that, and nothing you can do will change that either.

When I contrasted Thebeka to Anath, the same comparison does not hold completely between, say Thebeka and Alkabsi, or Thebeka and Mabnen. The point was not that Thebeka is special in this respect among high-security worlds and lasted longest in that particular set of rebellions (there are other reasons for that). The point is the difference between affluence and poverty, between civilization and hell. Rebellions do not work best where they’d be needed the most.

I hope this clarifies some of the issues you brought up.

Elsebeth

Thanks to the incredible irresponsibility of news reporting services and other public announcements, the information that Thebeka was worst hit came inside the window of chaos created by deathglow.

This means that the pro-Rebellion aid started being concentrated on Thebeka while drug was still active and before it was clear that Ardishapur would not be repeating the tactics at Kahah. A lot of scared and drugged people make for a fertile recruitment ground for rebellion.

Saying EM, or any capsuleer group, was responsible for Thebeka would be insane. The breakdown was caused by a Blood Raider terrorist attack that the planet was not prepared for.

However, EM and others did prolong the conflict by enabling communications between rebel groups, providing weapons, and providing advisors.

If the planet had been ill governed, given that, I expect that we might still be fighting on it’s surface. Fortunately, this was not the case.

4 Likes

Listen - maybe you have more information on say the actions of the Republic Justice Department or some other party than I do, but I happen to know what I did and do not need you to inform me of it.

Other than that - by all means keep on telling yourself it was just the Deathglow, it was just the people being dazed and scared and drugged, that without Blood Raiders nothing would ever have happened. Tell yourself that the Kernherite Manifesto is just one lost soul’s ramblings that will never catch on. Tell yourself our people are happier in slavery, that all they need is a benevolent Holder. Believe in peace. Believe in a holy and honest Theology Council. Shhhh, go back to sleep, everything is fine.

Else

1 Like

Gaven, Darkar wouldn’t have been able to so much as get his structure anchored during the period while the Deathglow was still active. The identification of Thebeka as one of the worst hit, in fact, came 27 hours after the initial news of the attack. Deathglow is only an active agent for roughly 24h. So the drug’s activity window was already closed or closing, even in the most lingering cases.

Meanwhile, over on Alkabsi, where no capsuleers were involved…

27h after the initial reports, there is already ‘significant rebel activity’. And despite ‘most cities’ being pacified in that first day… the fighting there went on for weeks. If Alkabsi had been hit as hard as Thebeka, it might still being going on.

1. You are wrong. We worked in Alkabsi too.
  2. Alizabeth Vea was a capsuleer.
  1. Ok, then I’m wrong. But the capsuleer aid in Alkabsi was negligible at best when compared to Thebeka.
  2. But she was not acting as one in Alkabsi. She was acting as an infantry officer, operating without a burn scanner. Her actions and choices were not altered by the mere presence of capsule jacks.

Mainly because of the timing of events. Thebeka got more because it lasted longer, long enough to get things properly going, and long enough to get support from elsewhere directed to it after the show in those places was over.

I also think Commander Kley fought on the ground in Alkabsi.

Additionally, in what was one of the worst decisions of all time, I was dragged down onto the ground in Alkabsi for God knows what reason. As I spent basically the whole time praying for my life inside of an armored vehicle, I can’t really claim to have directly helped, but I was technically there at one point. Whatever the intended result of bringing me there was meant to be, it wasn’t the outcome.

But I digress.

1 Like

This was a deeply moving read, while I do not share the Amarr faith I had no idea as to the specifics of these treatments. I deeply hope that your goals are achieved and your people granted the Rights they deserve.

1 Like

Listen to me very closely, Kernher.

Sooner or later, one way or the other, your lifeless corpse will fall into my hands. I would prefer your living body be at my disposal but I shall as lief receive your dead remains.

Should the pleasure of seizing your cadaver not be mine own, I now declare that any right faithful who renders unto me the body of Kernher, alive or dead, shall be made a sa-baron within and under the ducal fief of Fabai. This I swear, in the name of the One True Lord.

When I have your corpse, I shall purify existence itself of the blasphemy you have wrought by turning your base matter into a battle clone that I, personally, shall wear on a hundred pacification operations across the Holy Empire, Kingdom and the Rebel Provinces, before casting it into the flames. This I swear, in the name of the One True Lord.

Your toxic perversion of Scripture, Law and Tradition? An evil poison dripping freely from the forked tongue of a hissing serpent. Even still, this venom will betray your every selfish desire to utter failure. It shall serve us well, like the dose that traces and reveals corrupted flesh. This I swear, in the name of the One True Lord.

The only memory of your words will be found in the lesson taught to the future by the final reckoning with the apostasy and faithlessness of every last Ammatar traitor. The only lasting victory achieved by your flesh will be the holy glory of the Hundred Pacifications. These will be your only legacies in the system of this world, Kernher. This I swear, in the name of the One True Lord.

Tremble at the foreknowledge of what you will ineluctably become.

I have the honor to be,

Alar

Duke Chakaid of Fabai,
Asbara Sardar of the Sipari Companions,
Paladin Deacon, Orders Militant of the Theology Council,
Plenipotentiary Representative of His Majesty Farokh Khanid III

2 Likes

We shall see if you will be able to uphold that oath.

1 Like

Wow. I’ve never seen a member of the Theology Council openly declare war on the Amarr Empire before. Do your masters know you’re stupid enough to say that openly?

Pacification does not mean war.

Pacification means crushing rebellions.

5 Likes

Pacification means subjugating and suppressing violence from any who offer it for any reason.

You’re being meaninglessly obtuse.

5 Likes

No, I’m suggesting that he’s already used the Deathglow attacks as a pretext for genocide. It’s not at all a stretch to imagine he’ll use literally any pretext to declare that other factions with the Empire have crossed some line—like say, Sarum giving orders to violate CONCORD treaties and start enslaving civilians within the warzones—and need to be ‘pacified’.

Despite all of your magnificent promotions of the last year, you are still cavorting around in blood stained ceremonial cloaks, I see.

Samira has earned the punishments that will inevitably catch up with her, but that punishment is not the obscene blasphemy you propose.

2 Likes

You’re missing the point. This isn’t about Chakaid. This is about Samira.

Which is more offensive to her worldview?

• Chakaid marching around inside her corpse invading random parts of the Empire she already considers corrupt.

Or

• Chakaid marching around inside her corpse brutally putting down the kind of rebellions she hopes to inspire and using her face to do it
3 Likes

We certainly aren’t “any right faithful”, but ISK speaks volumes in my line of work. Icarus has a few contractors that specialize in snatch-and-grabs… If someone does want that title and is willing to fork up for a contract - the girl’s as good as yours.

Alive.
… and squirming.

Name a price. I’ve got two individuals I want delivered for permanent destruction. Medical clones sabotaged, the works.