CCP: An alternative to microtransactions for growing CCP's income

@CCP_Falcon i thought troll posts were against the forum rules, care to intervene here? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re using “freeloaders” wrong, and no, it’s not open for discussion.

People who PLEX their accounts aren’t freeloaders.
They PLEX their accounts, thus are paying something.

Alphas are freeloaders.
They do nothing to support this game, yet they can play.

2 Likes

Solstice

“Dictionary attacks” like this are a waste of space. I used “freeloader” instead of saying something like this early on:
It’s obvious to anyone that some “PLEX buyers” represent RL money that CCP are leaving on the table.

That fact is independent of how CCP have implemented trials, which are an (almost) essential part of the sales process for an MMO game. It’s of no consequence that one word can be used for both, and meaningless too, because it’s slightly different meanings of the word.

It could be interesting to discuss how much money potential they represent (if any - if too many stopped playing it could induce a loss of revenue), how CCP could get their hands on some of that money, etc …

… but as it’s turned out, this thread hasn’t been all that interesting. OTOH nor has it cost CCP much RL money, and I learned something about accounting :slight_smile:

Why is this an attack now?

You can’t just invent meaning for words that already have one. Someone who pays something (time, or money) can not, in any way or form, be a freeloader. You caught my attention especially because I’m using that word too. Okay, I would have posted this anyway, because that’s what I do, but still …

I use it correclty, you don’t.
You potentially cause confusion by using it wrong.
That’s not okay, because not giving a ■■■■ about others understanding you is not okay.

That’s how it works. There really is no room for discussion. Communication really only works as long as everyone’s on the same page regarding the meanings and definitions of words. The more people make up their own meanings and definitions, the less others understand what he actually meant, causing misunderstandings and useless fights.

Instead of freeloader, you could have spent two more seconds thinking of a better term … but you didn’t. So instead you wasted a huge amount of time, comparatively, just because you ignored the fact that people who PLEX can’t be freeloaders.

The big thing behind all of this, is that it is now more likely that this isn’t the only case when you make things up. Redefine words. “Inaccuracies”. There’s also the chance that you did it intentionally, to put some people into a specific frame. Or you might “ignore” other things as well, you know?

All of this, just because you think it’s okay to butcher language like this.

It isn’t.

:blush:

1 Like

Solstice

Some logic for you:

Both lasses of player who do not provide revenue for CCP (Alphas and PLEX-for-ISK-buying Omegas) can reasonably be called freeloaders.
That doesn’t make those two classes of player identical though.

But this has been useful all the same. Let’s add a new term to EVE crypto-speech: “Freeloading Omegas”.

For example I think this works reasonably well:
CCP coould probably generate significant extra revenue from freeloading Omegas”.

Let’s not. It’s meaningless, designed only to let you talk nonsense as if it actually made sense. If you pay, in any way whatsoever, you are not “freeloading” - pure and simple.

1 Like

Freeloading Omegas don’t pay RL money to CCP. They want to play EVE, and they do in fact play, but they can do so by buying PLEX for ISK instead of spending money with CCP.

There’s almost certainly money on the table for CCP if they can figure out a way to get their hands on it.

ELENA!

No, for two reasons:

1. They’re consuming PLEX. Consumed PLEX turn into profits, unconsumed PLEX are a liability. That’s accounting and accounting is a real thing that matters.

2. They’re actively paying in some currency, it being time or money. You believing that your life time has no value is a problem, but it’s not theirs.

And now you’re making a word up based on your bad understanding of what “freeloading” means. That’s not how ■■■■ works, really. We’re not building up on things that are wrong, we’re trying to remove that what’s wrong so we can replace it with that which is correct.

There are no “freeloading Omegas”.
You can’t just make this ■■■■ up and think that’s okay.
It isn’t!

You’re not only trying way too hard, you really suck at it too!
Stop butchering language. Stop attemping your ■■■■■■■■.

You shall not pass.

“This rather typical behaviour is shared by fascists, totalitarians and SJWs alike” for 4000$, Alex.

Why not talk about “alternative facts” while we’re at it?

FTFY.

30 days subscription costs £9.99 in the UK, 500 PLEX (which buys 30 days subscription, among other things) purchased from CCP costs £16.99, also in the UK.

That’s a 70% premium on PLEX over subscription, regardless of whether or not it’s used for services or 30 days subscription.

Someone who funds their game play by buying PLEX from another player indisputably, albeit indirectly, makes more revenue for CCP than someone who pays for a subscription on a monthly basis; to the tune of about 70%.

As an added bonus, someone who funds their play with PLEX puchased from another player whittles away at CCP’s unredeemed PLEX liabilty.

There’s almost certainly money on the table for CCP if they can figure out a way to get their hands on it.

They have, it’s called PLEX, where someone pays a real life premium for the convenience of being able to sell it to another player who can afford to pay for their sub with isk.

TL;DR Your entire premise is based on the assumption that CCP makes a loss when people pay with ingame currency instead of RL currency.

Welp, I think I’ve fed this one enough.

Still plenty of cookies to give, he’ll take any crumb as a cookie anyway :slight_smile:

Don’t “FTFY” my posts

BTW I didn’t read the rest orf your post because I know it will be inane, and the FTFY almost gaurantrees it’s also deliberately misleading.

I’ll be watching for “FTFY’s” though.

You couldn’t back up your claim could you?

/kek.

Solstice
We’re never going to agree of course, but I don’t think you’re being malicious either, so …

… FYI I don’t react directly to full-on denial (“semantic manipulation” is a strong indicator of that). I just skip over denial-based claims/arguments, and chose a purely tactical response.

You can’t convince me to redefine “freeloader” - I’ll stay with the dictionary meaning. And I’m not going to try to persuade others of my viewpoint through you - I’ve done what I wanted to do directly.
Rationally we should both just let the “what does freeloader mean?” discussion go now.

We still have the real issue to disagree over after all. I believe CCP could get additional revenue from PLEX-for-ISK-buying Omegas. I suppose you disagree with this (though TBH I don’t remember you ever actually addressing the point).

EDIT:
Changed “PLEX-buying Omega” to “PLEX-for-ISK-buying Omega” in the last paragraph.
This is due to a later post quoting the original text, which is potentially ambiguous to someone who hasn’t read any other posts in this thread.

From here on, it will be “freeloading Omegas”. Sorry Solstice - I just can’t live with using “PLEX-for-ISK-buying Omega” over and over :slight_smile:

No, you can not.

2 Likes

They already do.

1 Like

People wouldn’t have to fix your posts for you if you did it yourself, and i would start with just admitting you’re either misunderstanding how PLEX works or trolling, there are no other valid possibilities, its been shown and proven to you multiple times that they make more money from PLEX than they ever would from a forced subscription model, why do you think they added PLEX in the first place, because the reason was twofold, firstly to reduce 3rd party RMT because why would you buy ISK from a dodgy site when you can just buy PLEX and sell those ingame, and secondly to enable people without a disposable income to continue to play if they are in a position to be able to earn ISK to buy PLEX from the people in the first group who just want to pay for ISK, if either of these groups were to leave then the cycle fails and we end up losing players we could have otherwise kept and we end up with more 3rd party ISK selling

So yeah, neither of those is a win for CCP in the least and none of your suggestions actually increase the revenue generated by CCP, and we both know that to be true

3 Likes

You already did that. That’s why I’m calling it out.
You can’t turn this around.
You redefined the word and I am getting you back on track.

The dictionary, in this case Google, says:

a person who takes advantage of others’ generosity without giving anything in return.

Someone who PLEXes his account, using ISK or cash, gives something in return.

Are we done now exposing you as the fraud you are?

3 Likes