CCP Appreciation Thread

Hi there,

CCP, I felt you deserve some appreciation for the work you’ve put in on this game. Thank you for your hard work in providing such an entertaining game. You have my sincere gratitude. Good luck in the years to come. o7

Community, lets show CCP how much we appreciate them. Don’t be shy now…drop some love up in this thread.

5 Likes

I show CCP my appreciation every time I pay my subscription.

6 Likes

You seem to have something on your nose…

1 Like

Who cares? Seriously you are talking about a company that could have sold out long ago to make some crap game for the masses. Instead they have stuck with their vision. They have tried in many amazing ways to stay on the cutting edge of ideas. And they put up with our whiney bitter vet posterior regions far longer than any one should. Props to them for the game and more props for them for not sticking smart bombing difter BSes on the undock of every station and structure. I know I would have done the latter long, long ago.

3 Likes

We drop it, but it goes UP, deep into, um, … this thread?

Don’t mistake genuine respect for ass kissing. I still believe this is a great game that is unlike any other game out there. What’s so wrong with a thread that recognises CCP’s good work?

From my perspective I’ve never played a game for as long as I have played Eve they are deserving of my respect.

1 Like

I’ve been playing the game for 10 years and I am more hooked than ever. I hope CCP will keep developing the game for many more years.

It is the only game that I still play and the only one that ever gave me such adrenaline rush.

1 Like

In this I agree with you entirely. I never thought when I left in 2004 Id be back, I left for 1.5 years after playing for 1.5 years, and Im still playing 13.5 years later. Nothing has given me more hours/dollars or entertainment than Eve has. Its no longer a game but a microcosm of international study mixed with gameplay. People fascinate me and Eve has it all in that regard.

Now that said I both like and loath CCP for various reasons. And to CCP… dont stop you splendid :white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square:!!

Think that sums up how I feel if you know what I mean.:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I appreciate eve, yet DO NOT appreciate ccp

Need for a dedicated ‘CCP Deprecation’ thread?

Wonder how long that would last…

Isnt that nearly every thread?

1 Like

I do apreciate all the hard work CCP puts into EvE as I do need my EvE fix. Keep it up CCP :slight_smile:

I think it’s (unfortunately) in the nature of things - and human nature in particular - that bad news is good news and that finding fault is popular where it is permitted and encouraged.

I find the giving of unalloyed praise to be as suspicious in a person as its opposite, which is why I made the remark.

The OP may have thought the balance a bit skewed and conceived a desire to redress it, but the result seems to be an unmitigated exercise in fawning (I use the polite term). Of course, this thread is likely not going to be knifed in the gut, whereas the one that I proposed (lightheartedly…) would be unlikely to see out its first hour of life.

As an exercise, go back to Aaron’s OP and take the abstract nouns, the adjectives, the tone, and so on, and reverse them, without however increasing or diminishing their intensity. You will end up with what some people would describe as a rant, unreasonably negative, and cruel besides.

Then consider its chances of survival :grin:

I think people worry about this stuff too much.

If EvE vanishes tomorrow, Ill just play summink else

Haha. Yellow Parasol already remarked on my tendency to care too much. I think he was implying ‘too much about things which don’t matter (to me)’.

If EVE vanishes now (never mind tomorrow), I too will have plenty else to do!

1 Like

Careful when using the c word :wink:

Apparently it is reportable lol

1 Like

I will take care in future, Ramona.

Btw, is ‘summink’ a northern English version of our London ‘sumpfink’? For some reason (which?) it’s always satisfying to find compatriots on the forums (and in space).

1 Like

Im not English at all lol

But I am local relatively speakin

2 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

it’s a fascinating game with a fascinating universe … latter is more interesting to me as i’m the wordbuilding fan type.

i apprenticiate the work ccp has done.