@CCP; Do you feel it yet?

Welcome to the conversation. Players are speaking with their wallets. CCP isn’t listening, as usual.

I’ve been here the whole time.
If you are saying CCP is screwing the pooch and you’re unhappy I can largely agree with you.

The entire necessity / luxury / requirement thing was unnecessary to the conversation.

As to players speaking with their wallets, undoubtedly some are. Until we can see PA’s next quarterly numbers we won’t know if they are speaking in any great numbers.

1 Like

Aren’t we all Crypto-Gorillionaires? Damn, the crisis hit us hard. :sob:

That aside, everyone does what they can with the resources they have. I’m sure some people will have to drop some alts, a select few might go alpha (amazingly this isn’t very popular). And some people might leave for a short or long break.

As long as there are things to do ingame (or even combined with out of game) that are fun, people will stay and either sub or pay in one way or another. A lot of decisions made some players quit, and apparently a large portion of the playerbase has been replaced by newbros. It’s been like this since 2004. I joined in 2006 and those who started before me had a two year headstart! So unfair! :wink:

EVE Online will go on for some time as it has a small group of dedicated “cult like followers”. I have been playing since 2006 and even recently, friends joined in (again) and either subbed for some time and left again. This game is a big mental challenge and people today don’t really like it, I don’t think the subscription price is the biggest problem EVE Online has.

3 Likes

I’ll just be brutally honest here. If you can’t afford $20 USD for an EVE subscription, there are probably better things you need to be doing with your life than playing online video games…

4 Likes

I bet a vast majority CAN, they just don’t WANT to and now they’re they’re trying to speak to the manager.

4 Likes

Hold on, I’m looking for a crayon.

We, the paying consumers, speak with our wallets, regardless.
If you enjoy the product, you are more likely to spend money and time.
If you do not enjoy the product, you are less likely to spend money or time.

In order to tip the balance of those two options, the producer of the product Must answer to the consumers. Otherwise, they lose their product and paying consumers entirely.
When considering the impact a producer might have with the consumer, several things must be accounted for. Value, Content, Quality, etc.
CCP chose to make promises they did not deliver on. This is not the first time. Consumers choose to take their money and time elsewhere, as we are witnessing. CCP must answer to the consumer, and fast, or there will be no more consumer to prop up the product. That’s called business.
It may very well be that consumers are just taking time off in order to deal with real life, and I’m wrong. I doubt it though.
This luxury product raised the cost without raising the value. This has an effect. Necessities are costing more and more every day, and projections do not look good. That has a direct effect on the value vs cost issue. That has an effect on player retention.

The only issue I have with your post is that CCP has a base financial obligations for continued existence. If CCP continues to drop the ball, there may not be enough paying players to meet those obligations. That means no more product.
Mistakes happen. Everyone makes them. Every business makes them. Not many businesses continue to exist while making mistakes year after year. CCP just isn’t big enough for that.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I was waiting for this one.
The conversation isn’t whether everyone Can afford to pay the highest subscription price in the mmorpg video game industry. It’s whether CCP met their promise to put value to the price increase. I would say they did not. It would appear that I am not alone in that thought.
I’m glad you’re a mega-billionaire with 6 supermodel girlfriends that doesn’t bother with the value of money. Back in the real world, all of us non-billionaire, playboy, genius philanthropists seek value for our money.

1 Like

Value is subjective. I would gladly pay $30 USD per month because I still enjoy the game and it’s current content. Your mileage may vary…

1 Like

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting
  • Pyramid Quoting
  • Rumor Mongering
  • New Player Bashing
  • Impersonation
  • Advertising

3. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online if it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

Closed.

3 Likes