CCP - emerjency in Faction Zone!

I think you should talk to some CSM members. Maybe after wardec revamp they can look for a solution for factional wars. FW never was really good and mostly abused for easy FP to trade in. A friend of mine played FW for over a year but quit due to not enough time to play.

PS: I am a line member in GSF. It is not because we wreck each others ships on occasion that we cant have a civil discussion.

1 Like

Why would I do that? Iā€™m happy with what I have. Youā€™re the one here complaining and wanting changes that go against the design philosophy of a sandbox. At the end of the day, Eve is a place where the player makes their own opportunities.

And in this case, it seems Snuff and/or Goons are the ones making their own opportunities. So, what now? You want them penalized for being stronger than you?

1 Like

I didnā€™t write about snuffs payoff or be stronger then them, there can were any of other neutral aliance and brought their titans and supers in WF and it would have been the same. All FW zone will be dead. Because Aliance or Corp who lives in FW zone and is faction member doesnā€™t have members in Zero sec. And we donā€™t have possibility to earn isk here and dock in capitals here. thatā€™s it. If u live in High sec you have their rulls , if you have in zero - same, but in WF no rulls

1 Like

Caps were starting to ruin high sec then ccp moved them out of there, then few years later they are ruining low sec, time to move them out of low sec then. At the end, lets remove them from null sec too. Cause they ruin everything.

1 Like

True. At the moment the FW situation puts more limits on the militia members than it does on the low/null sec corps. It will be difficult to fix unless they change the contested territories into high sec but that would be lorewise weird.

Ive been faction warfare for 7 years, the number of active pilots in militia has more than halfed. The caldari are in tatters tbh. Gal mil isnt as bad but activity is low. Theres no point taking systems anymore due to those lovely citadels and most bigger gal mil alliances get content and isk from nullnow. Snuff came in with their titan fleets etc and got rid of most pirate alliances structures and so getting rid of more fw content. Ccp needs to get their fingers out and stop pandering too null entities and sort areas of the game that need sorting.

I did contact a gm about fw and was told the developers have nothing in the pipeline for fw at all, just more null stuff.

1 Like

Yesā€¦ here it comesā€¦ BUT, that doesnā€™t mean their cant be a meaningful Faction Warfare system in place for those of us who are not lemmings AKA line members AKA F1 monkeys.

Why do I want to fly out to Nullsec, to look for a fight against the faceless mega zerg. When I could fight a fight that has some implied meaning with the lore of the game.

Oh, in that case nothing needs to change. Let me update the lore : MegaZerg corporations of PURE capsuleers look down on the pansy militia capsuleers defending the Caldari/AmarrGallente/Minmatar servants of mortal HUMANSā€¦ you are being zerged because of your pathetic ways of defending the humans against the Gods. You ā€˜fallen angelā€™.

The fraction zoneā€¦ Pfff hahahaha lol

And I support that. Iā€™m 100% in favour of any meaningful improvement to gameplay.

But that should be done by making FW relevant. Interesting. Fun even. OP complains that only 91 calmil dudes are online. Thatā€™s not because of caps, thatā€™s because itā€™s just not worth it.

Thereā€™s the talk about citadels making the capture of systems moot. Thereā€™s the talk about gallente LP being far more worthwhile. Thereā€™s a thousand and one problems with FWā€¦ and caps really isnā€™t one of them. It is ultimately just a tool for people to generate isk.

Like I said earlier; you canā€™t drop caps into a plex. THAT is FW; all the other stuff is ancillary to it. And again, I donā€™t do FW, Iā€™ve literally never even jumped the acceleration gate.

I tried correcting, I tried gentle mockery, nothing really seemed to work. He either doesnā€™t realize or doesnā€™t care. Which is unfortunate because itā€™s that much harder to take his concerns seriously. I do understand itā€™s not his first language, and his english, as bad as it is, is infinitely better than my Russian (I guess itā€™s on-par with my French), so I really canā€™t comment more than that.

Yup so now amarr min zone is cracking, but now the gal cal zone is suffering. Hah.

There was this pvp graph that came out a while ago that showed the most kills in game took place in highsec, 2nd most was lowsec. And 3rd was 0.0. And the graphs where pretty enlightening. Ccp needs to just drop the 0.0 ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , delete cynos and fix ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  fw.

Since I have a Caldari faction warfare alt and they currently arenā€™t even in the militia let me explain why.

First the reward, it recently has just gotten to level 2. Well the reward for level 1 and level 2 just isnā€™t enough to make it worth even logging on to do. I mean I donā€™t make dank ticks or anything but if I went exploring in Hisec I could probably make a higher return than if I soloed in faction warfare unless I did at least mediums and that would require much more investment and risk.
Second the event, in case you havenā€™t noticed I can log on an alt mine for 50 points and get an accelerator. I sure donā€™t want to be in factions while mining.

My experience with faction warfare is the payout is either too little or so high that finding anywhere to go is near impossible. Also at the same time yours is impossibly high your opponents is low so while you want enemys they arenā€™t getting paid enough to log on to begin with.

I donā€™t have a solution but deleting level one payouts would be a start.

Make Defensive plexing an exponential curve by number of systems held. The fewer are held the more valuable D-plexing gets in those systems.

This would give an incentive to defend systems the fewer and fewer there are left to before total defeat.

1 Like

Its Eve style PvP. A lot like CODE, Pirat and all those killing newbs and ships that canā€™t shoot back. Same exact way dropping caps and titans on frigs and destroyers. Same style of PvP.

On a more realistic note, I was thinking to jump back into it until I was reminded what a pain in the ass it was to re-grind my sec status and faction afterwards. That was a long time ago, but I still have bad memories of this grind. So bad it outright prevents me from doing FW.

1 Like

Disagree. Supercapitals is what ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  this game up not just in LS but all over the place and many different aspects.

Thatā€™s an opinion youā€™re allowed to have. I disagree with it. But even if we accept it as true, the fact that it fucks up lots of things and not only FW means that itā€™s not the problem with FW, itā€™s a broader problem altogether. FW has its own issues.

They only really care about highsec and nullsec, lowsec and wormholes are second class citizens.

1 Like

That and decrease the LP payouts for FW Missions, to make plexing worth more.

To true.

Everyone wants change to lowsec and the only thing everyone agrees on is it needs to be faction warfare. Thatā€™s the end of where any kind of agreements happen. Everyone has their own ideas and none of them seem to be better than what is already there.

3 Likes

A good start would be and I think everyone can agree on one thing is the LP stores need balanced.

That would be a good start. Then address the LP payouts for missions vs those who ACTUALLY fight and plex systems.

Right now it isnā€™t worth actually fighting vs running missions. The LP payouts just to run missions is almost 5:1 vs LP for plexing. And you can do it relatively safely without the risk of PVP if you just pay attention to D-scan.