CCP, get a handle on the NPC miners already

I dunno. Still plenty of industrial and freighter fish wallowing through .5 choke shallows and getting blown to smithereens from a mix of stupidity, laziness, or just plain boredom of the gankers.

There’s also one other problem with this theory:

they don’t obey the laws of Local. You don’t know you’re getting dropped until they appear on D-scan, assuming you catch them in time anyway (because with local showing nothing but blues you’re naturally going to spam D-scan every 6 seconds aren’t you)

There’s lots of things wrong with these belt-miner defence fleets. I don’t see where the argument for their inclusion comes from. The only thing they’ve done is raise the bar for small corps to hit before they can settle. Idiots will claim they’re easy to dismiss but the main proposals they have are gimmicks. The AI routines are set for another pass when Drifters get revamped. If it’s meant to be thematic that I’m getting raided in my own sov I’d love to see how they get in and what the point of high indexes are if they result in more problems than they solve.

I suspect that many of the people coughing up tactics to beat them have zero experience in dealing with them.

1 Like

I feel like this was intended to encourage people to migrate to Null. Why not find some High-Sec corp that does missions to clear the systems your corp mines in?

They are in nullsec as well btw, maybe they are there to slow down belt mining and increase the value of moon mining and ore price in general.

1 Like

That would only work in highsec or lowsec. In dullsec with the ibub-upgrade you have infinite large ore anomalies you can mine out all day, every day.

1 Like

Because clearing infinite respawning npc just isn’t viable. With the current belt system if your play time is nearer the end of the day you log onto stripped belts that you can’t try and war Dec to scare.
If belts went away and we got respawning anoms like null, even if not instant respawn, then most of the issue vanishes since you get to compete against the npc directly in your play time.

2 Likes

Null sec ore anomalies no longer respawn immediately. There is a time delay before they respawn again. For colossals, that is a few hours.

I may sound stupid saying this but what if CCP removed NPC corps completely to fight the botting armies?

They could just gate all anom’s then they can’t get their carriers and supers in :P, but then that will make it safer for ratter’s meh.

1 Like

The game probably won’t see any massive developments like this, it pretty clearly is headed in to its twilight phase. How much accumulated damage botting etc did is open to debate but there are people who sell minerals and ships at a loss and continue playing.

If theres one thing ive learned over the years is that the cheaper everything is and the more readily available it is the less objective value it has and people just lose motivation.

2 Likes

I don’t think Eve is in the decline, but I agree with your second statement about content that is too easy to come by.

As much trash as people talk about missions, many of them actually spawn belts. That might take a little more effort, but would you even have to worry about gankers? Time to connect with mission runners and understand you still have options close at hand.

Why don’t you take a fleet of CODE out and gank the NPC miner fleets?

What are their NPC Navy Fleets to much to handle?

because Npc’s don’t cry like half the people in this thread

2 Likes

Because they respawn at zero cost. You can’t win the isk war.
Because they have perfect response fleets who don’t need to make their own isk and aren’t playing the game for fun so never get bored or want payment.
Because they spawn at downtime and work 23/7 so unless you are in the right Time zone they’ve already trashed the belts before you log on.

Comparing npc miners to player miners and saying to gank them simply doesn’t work.

4 Likes

Build an athanor and mine the moon’s much better than the belts anyways.

Aren’t those NPC miners actually bot miners?

Why don’t you enlist CODE to go and gank them because of them being Bots?

Those bot’s don’t farm players super’s for them.

Quite crying about NPC miners and go something about them.

According to CODE they are the #2 bestest gank alliance in the world. So it wouldn’t be to difficult for them to go out and gank those poor NPC miners and their barges.

Scared of the Faction Police?

I have encountered npc miners several times recently. I just go somewhere else to mine.

I got a new experience with this recently, mining in an Orca in a high sec belt sec level 0.6. Suddenly there are Blood Raider frigates everywhere and they are pointing me hitting quite hard and tanking quite well. I managed to get away but this was by no means easy. These are pirate faction, didn’t even seem to be with any mining ships or cruisers. So what is the story with these ? Do they only attack people with low standing to them ?