CCP, Goonswarm are making an example of you

FOBs.

Every war deccing corp gets a FOB to defend for each war dec placed somewhere in high sec near the station, constellation or region where the war dec is initiated. This FOB if destroyed will drop 50mil or the equivalent of the war dec fee in bounty tokens which would be able to be turned into Concord for isk (standard steal and loot mechanics apply).
Each FOB is tagged like any other citadel structure and is attackable by any defender for the duration of the war dec. Concord response for anyone attacking one not in war dec defense corp or allies. So it is fully warpable to even by neutrals but not cluttering up the overview as a structure.
FOB is vulnerable 24/7 and as such a corp with many wardecs has many potential targets, the more they have the harder it would be to defend each and every one. Standard Citadel or POCO mails apply. First attack, and 30mins after attack. Only one destruction cycle.

Successful attack ends war within 24 hours.

@OP Love the idea lots of content generation over Christmas if this is true for Goons. LOL

much like your posting

8 Likes

I’m fine with the idea that to declare a wardec, a corporation has to have a Upwell structure (or some equivalent) in space for a counter-attack. That might generate some new content and give at least the possibility of a symbolic victory for defenders. However, I don’t see how that would make a difference in this case as Goonswarm has plenty of structures in space that can be counter-attacked.

But as to increasing war costs, I can’t agree. Highsec is for everyone, including those that want to pursue wars, and wars are already awfully expensive for solo and small groups. A 50M ISK fee to even engage in hostility is a strong dampener on conflict in the game. Groups should be encouraged to fight each other, especially if they are of similar size and strength, and a flat fee across the board prevents that.

Wars have problems, but they also basically work. Unlike what you claim, they are used regularly to enable fighting over structures, POSes and POCOs in highsec. They also are a used to push larger groups out of areas of the game another group wants to claim. Yes, there are also a lot of blanket decs and extortion decs (although much less after the watch list/locator functionality nerf), but these can almost always be ignored with only slight modifications to your play. I won’t enumerate them all and take this off-topic, but given hub/pipe campers rarely leave the hub/pipe, that means aside from going to trade hubs with in-corp characters, you will largely be left alone.

I’m still not convinced that this thread is not just all an act (actually I am pretty sure it is), so if this is just a publicity stunt for a new Goonswarm scamming initiative, I wish you well. Highsec industrialists are in desperate need of content and I approve of spending some of those dank 260M ISK ticks on them for some much needed excitement this holiday season. To misquote CCP, nothing says “I love you” like a killmail or a wardec, so it is very kind of Goonswarm to give the gift of content to the highsec pubbies. After all, if CCP’s new pirate FOBs are going to be ganking highsec industrialists this holiday, why not Goonswarm as well?

2 Likes

Says the CEO of a corp that ganks for a living. Tell me, does Goonswarm put out in the morning or are you frequently left with blue balls? :roll_eyes:

I didn’t understand a word you just said. Can someone please interpret for me? :thinking:

1 Like

Please. I suicide gank as a public service and for the greater good and in the noble pursuit of content generation. Now that you mention it, I guess I do have that in common with some Goonswarm initiatives. Point taken.

But for the record, I make my living elsewhere, through trade. Some consider making a living off the backs of the hard-working, but economically illiterate, highsec industrialists equally as distasteful as those that shoot them or extort them to take their stuff, but I view myself more of a lubricant for the economy than a war-profiteer.

Believe me, there is way more profit in preying on the lazy, dull and impatient via the markets, as opposed to trying to squeeze some extortion pittance out of the peons.

6 Likes
1 Like

Whether scam, or scam within a scam, or legit, I have no problem with this.

Yet you post from an alt account in an NPC corporation. I’d hedge my bets on you being within the demographic and of the gameplay persuasion that is at criticism here. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.
Im not affiliated with Goons, or whomever sent this evemail.
I dont have any HS industrial interests, nor do I haul material myself.

By the “demographic” and by the “gameplay persuasion” we’re speaking of here, I mean you’re likely an avid PvPer engaged either in multiple highsec “wars” and/or are engaged in gank activity, whether that be due to a CODE.-type mindset or out of a personal joy of blowing people up. By saying what you don’t do, you’ve pretty much confirmed that your choice of play style is the type of play style I and others are criticising here. Therefore you aren’t approaching this from an unbiased perspective and you’d be quite happy if highsec went up in flames, so long as you got a piece of the action.

No, I’m an avid PvEer, mostly.
Combat and relic/data exploration.

1 Like

And so you mission, explore, rat and run incursions by yourself and are therefore not affected by any of the nefarious kind of gameplay we’re talking about here. I appreciate you have an opinion, but it carries little weight.

It is well known that you are a goon spy and CODE. shill Salvos.

4 Likes

Yes, Im entirely unaffected by this email.

However, scams are allowed in EVE, as are scams within scams, and its also not dissallowed for Goons to issue such an email (if it was them).

At worst, this is just a scam. At best, Goons are giving advanced warning.

The email is similar to the scam pop-ups you get on the net these days where they want you to pay to remove a spurious “virus” for you, or the existing CODE gameplay.

1 Like

I should have joined Goons years ago, back in the SA days.
I have nothing but admiration for how profoundly they have changed this game by pushing the envelope in all directions.

And yes, Im an honorary CODE Speshul Agent. Im also a shareholder.

Tbh, I wish I had thought of this first. If even 10 idiots fall for it, Id be 1bil richer, and I could surely use the isk.

2 Likes

So let me get this straight…

You believe that two random people who have been in goons simce Oct 25th of this year would be the points of contact for something major like this? You believe that not one single higher up, more well known representative of goons would be listed in the evemail? And there’s no article on this on any news source for eve… And the goons normally do a very good job of promotions for their events like burn Jita. And you believe Goons would contact officers in a corp instead of the CEO directly? You also think goons would spend 2 weeks out in hi sec leaving their space lightly defended?

Ever thing this was just a scam that is trying to scare you out of your isk? Seems like one to me.

Also why not just take standard war Dec prepperations and roll with it? Get a hauler alt to trade. Set goons to red. Set jump clones in a random spot in hi sec far from a trade hub where you can escape too if needed and continue on your way happily.

Seriously, this smells of a scam.

2 Likes

Lol Salvos… secret CODE agent lol

1 Like

Without villains of some kind, this game (and Highsec in particular) would quickly become the theme-park experience about which James 315 has warned us.

That is why scamming and other activities which apparently cause the OP such dismay lie at its very heart.

I think, don’t you? that CCP will probably ignore the no-doubt well-meant warning contained in this thread’s title; after, that is, they’ve stopped ****ing themselves with laughter…

2 Likes

See? I’m legit.
This honorary license has a special place in my office.

3 Likes