CCP, I know what you are doing. It's going to backfire

I like pudding. <3

3 Likes

This is bad logic considering the steep learning curve and availability of alpha accounts you never actually have to pay for the game. It sounds to me like a dangerous gamble that they are hoping pays off. I actually think they are assuming that people will unsub but that they will be coming back once they finish the test and modify the changes. They have said in their patch notes that this is to determine some kind of metric they are looking for.

No, it’s not bad logic. They’ve done it before, they’re doing it again. This time even more aggressive than the last time. No matter what CCP is going to do in a month, the miners will still be unhappy. Nullsec will still become more and more dangerous and the farming people, who never belonged here anyway, will still keep quitting.

1 Like

Cant use 6 Roqs while being afk on Alpha.

And its a strategy a lot of businesses use, actually.

This is why a certain company I know, whose target customer is between 12 and 60 chooses NOT to cater for students. Its simply calculated strategy.

Or do you think Drifters, Black-In and this change are just totally unconnected events?

It is not typical to alienate a large player base in a game that is not exactly brimming with people playing it. Either way I was just saying that it is a test and they have said as much. You can hate people that have taken the mechanics of eve and optimized it but the only people you have to blame is CCP. While players may abuse mechanics in a sandbox it still has to be noticed that CCP was told this would happen. Be angry at CCP for making the game this way do not take it out on people that are frustrated about changes. I really do not care about the changes but I feel like the community should be more understanding as to why these changes frustrate people. I have been an industrialist in the past but if that no longer works I will do something else. There are always avenues in eve to make money if that is your game you just have to evolve. But that does not make me spiteful at people that are angry about this or that change.

1 Like

Is this another ore changes whine thread? It smells like one

1 Like

Sounds like an effective business strategy for a game that is 15 years old and has not exactly been drawing large crowds to its login screen. I have said before that this is a test and that things will be modified. If you think that people leaving the game for good is advantageous to its current state I feel sad for you because it is objectively a bad opinion. Try and get people to modify their play instead of constantly belittling a play style that may not be your own but has been supported by CCP in a sandbox. I dont know maybe it is my age that is coming out in this but maybe a little civility could be good for the game instead of constantly bashing this group or that in a sandbox.

3 Likes

people see red dot in Eve, people are like…replace someday with “sub back”

These changes do not alienate a large player base.

They wouldnt have done them if they did.

And opinion that it will is fed by the several threadstarters claiming how it, to paraphrase, is bad.

Yet, apart from hyperbole about running out if ships, the only thing they can come up with is “my roqs are too efficent”.

Take one look at the market.

Are we in surplus or famine for ships and minerals right now?

5 Likes

Do you know how many players like or prefer capitals? Right neither does CCP. Yes this is alienating a large group of players or am I to believe that null is a small group of players? All I am saying is that small changes easing a situation into reality would have made more sense. The market is not going to show the effects of this change immediately but it will show eventually. The prices of ores have already gone up which is going to trickle to ships, modules, etc. Maybe not immediately but you will feel the change regardless of what you do in game. At this point I am just going to consider you a contrarian and not be responding.

Im sure they have the information on hand to make an educated guess, unlike all of us armchair Development Leads, wouldn’t you think?

What is wrong with changes to market forces? Stagnation is worse than anything short of a market crash.

That’s a pretty weak way of leaving what was to me a perfectly polite and straightforward exchange of views. It basically means you simply refuse to see any virtue in a point of view other than your own. I respect your input, I, as a New Industrialist, simply hold the panic mongering to be utterly purposeless.

that is very funny

1 Like

How long has your own online game been running? The game’s actually been doing great before CCP decided to throw away all the old players, trying to reach a more mainstream audience. You have no ■■■■■■■ clue about the history of this game and why or how it actually works, yet you believe you know what you’re talking about. You don’t.

1 Like

Your ability to sh#@$ post on each and every thread on this forum is legendary. The fact that your toxic attitude is allowed to show up on each and every thread is just telling of how little anyone cares for the discourse of conversation on this forum.

1 Like

What did you expect?

We have:
farmer trash
botter trash
pvp trash
ganker trash
hs trash
ls trash
ns trash
scammer
botter
alpha trash
omega trash
multiboxer trash
hyper scam trash

forum trash fits well with this :smiley:

2 Likes

Well it’s not that they dont have such history.

I like it.
I understand the request to have it able to be turned off as generally only new and returning players require this feature. Thank you for your concern of new players…

Your post tells us otherwise.

1 Like

No, it ■■■■■■■ doesn’t.

1 Like