:facepalm: CCP is an untrustworthy purveyor of limited edition assets

Well, you know you’ve lost when you’re buying cosmetic skins items for invisible covert ops ships that you can’t see. Nice skin though.

Ain’t their fault you don’t understand marketing. Always read the fine print my boy.

Everything bruv. This is why logic and marketing classes need to be mandatory in schools. Sigh.

Preach so hard. As someone who has actually taken a logic class, peeps just throw around phrases without understanding them. I mean I get that strawman is more sexy than modus ponens but man.

Hey. No judgement man. It looks cool in the station :smiley:

1 Like

Did you even read the title to this thread? It is about limited edition assets, so it is relevant. The fact you “didn’t mention” it, and having had you interest piqued, you now are commenting on it, goes to show you have been indulging in straw man tactics. You could not possibly have said anything more incriminating than this - you clearly do not think your words through before you speak them.

Regarding your actual definition of the term, it is completely unfunctional as a definition because it presupposes that limited edition assets or businesses do not even exist. This is completely and utterly irrational.

I completely agree with this point, but I must add that if they operate a business selling limited edition assets, then, they need to observe the rules and commitments that accompany it.

The AT ship market is my primary example of how CCP are untrustworthy. The AT ship market contained assets (AT ships) that I would argue are the most expensive and valuable digital in-game assets in any computer game. You can find this out by converting their values to USD.

The market derived AT ship values from their scarcity and status as limited edition assets. CCP not only committed that there would only be 50 of each, but they also inscribed the ships with unique identifiers proving which tournament they were won in.

Yet CCP has not scrupled to torpedo the whole thing in the name of other priorities. “To save precious dev time” says they. I believe this is a lie, and they were already riding rough shod over AT ships by selling them for cash on the Chinese cash store. I think it’s quite obvious that they have plans to sell them on the main server cash store sometime in the future.

They cannot be trusted to honour limited edition assets. I feel I can say this with absolute objectivity.

1 Like

No, it doesnt. A strawman is creating an exaggerated easy to disprove situation just so you can knock it down.

Ive done neither of these things and you cannot show me doing so. Please understand the words you use before you use them.

1. Both myself and Michael DeCrimson between us gave 2 examples where Limited Edition products exist.

2. Unfunctional isnt a word.

3. Your response to this is entirely irrational. Im arguing from a position of fact, you are not. Thats irrational.

Additionally, the thread isnt actually about "lImted edition assets, regardless of what the title claims. Its about time limited offers, but that would be nitpicking.

The opposite of strawmanning and yet the other thing Im often accused of.

Perhaps CCP could make a “social contract” commitment (terms) on these items with the customer base and commit to them being limited and special, then we hold them up to that.

Perhaps the CSM could be part of that?

And a special indicator on each of these items to clarify and make transparent that they are indeed limited. Like a serial number and how many available (and that serial number would itself be valuable lol then by side effect and the nature of placing value on things by people) and a little icon on the item iconagraphy and description.

So instead of bickering and aruging, I am proposing solutions.

If you need more of my genius ideas, let me know.

1 Like

That’s correct. I don’t care if the apparel items are advertised as being limited edition, I’m just interested in having a complete collection.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can point to a gaming company that does it more succesfully than CCP.
PLEASE point to incidents where CCP has resold items in the NES Store that were supposed to be limited editon.

The problem we collectors have had with CCP is not the NES store, but re-gifting.
Google for example the story of the Silver Magnate and the Cross of the Sacred Throne.

Valve and Steam.

1 Like

That’s not a game I’ve heard of.

Their entire platform and limited items on sales, events and promotions. Some fetch a damn high value (in their credit currency) on their own internal trading, marketable platform and swapping.

You will find it difficult to find somebody more successful than Valve in that regard.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you. Yet…
I don’t see laws in your post. Rules… whose rules? Commitments are malleable. I don’t put much stock in both, as in anything, if it isn’t regulated by laws it is “subject to changes”.

‘Corporation’ and ‘untrustworthy’ are synonymous to me.

I think it’s quite obvious they plan to act as a corporation, what a shock.

Too many words in that sentence.
They cannot be trusted, period.

1 Like

I have handpicked some entertaining arguments of players trying to support limited edition scamming. See below.

Combining all of that gets you the following:

“This thread is not about limited edition assets. But even if it was, I don’t give a ■■■■ if they reissue them because it only upsets a minority of players. Nobody is forcing them to buy anything or play eve. It is rational for a CCP, as a corporation, to prey on customer gullibility and anxiety with limited edition assets issues, then betray the commitment and supply more, as long as it maximises their bottom line. As you would learn in any marketing course, this is completely standard practice.”

That’s what you get for starting a thread that seems to attack CCP here, you open yourself up for that kind of wasted time.
Have you noticed that those members hardly ever start threads? Why do you think that is?
Then again, you don’t have to reply to them.

I’m just trying to understand the complaint, and parse the actual issues from the usual whining bud.

As I did a little digging into the limited edition stuff, I am now pretty clear that there’s specific instances where CCP have stated unambiguously that a line of skins / apparel / whatever will be discontinued. If that promise is broken, then I have every sympathy with your view.

However, I’m yet to see any direct quotes from CCP saying that AT ships will only ever be issued once, or the police skins will never be for sale again - the two examples of “scams” you have put forward.

If you don’t get this market or how it works, that’s one thing. Calling it a scam is another entirely.

The wierd part is that you seem to think that I support this kind of activity.

You clearly didnt even read what you quoted from me.

The short of it is CCP’s consumer confidence is now in the gutter owing to re release of digital collectibles. With CCP’s low level of new customer retention & massive subscription debt to vetran players, customer confidence is an irrelevant metric.

1 Like

I feel like there is an entire community of players who exist for no purpose other than to whine and criticize CCP.

3 Likes

How much do they pay you?

Just as you criticise Linux for the sake of it , see here CCP is now getting bad reviews on ProtonDB - #2 by Aiko_Danuja

1 Like