CCP Making my life boring Damn support system sucks

Strange. I’ve always had good service from support if I’ve had issues. Maybe it’s because I’m polite and treat them with respect and don’t sperge on forums posting logs like this.

Honestly, I suggest you go outside and apologize to the nearest tree.

If you had read the OP. You would have seen that i am bed bound.

Would it satisfy you if somebody brought a potted plant to me and i apologise to that?

I was polite and did everything he asked me to do including give all the logs . It was the last post that got me angry and the amount of time each reply took.

I am currently reinstalling the game again.

I will post the 1st log i do on here then we will see.

Well to be fair, I did skip past the bit about you being bed bound, so sorry about that.

Reinstalling the game is what I’d do if I was having these difficulties as well. I hope you get it sorted.

Ok Totally reinstalled the game.
Used Eve LogLite

Same thing occurred

This log that is being posted is the first time I click play on a clean install of the game including cache

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Arv-z_dXVnc9gctt5lSqdYj8LRKMbw Text File

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arv-z_dXVnc9gctsr3CGuAg__ssTkw .lsw File

Remarkably this hasn’t been asked here yet, it seems. Can I have your stuff?

compared to my local logserver output: it appears to stop when the graphics device gets initialized. It also does some things with the saved display settings here. Have you tried moving the EVE settings folder completely out of the way, just for testing?:

rename

%LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE

to EVE.old and try to start again. That folder also contains the cached resource files, so startup will take longer than usual as a number of files have to be downloaded again.

i did delete it when uninstalled but did what you suggest but still the same :frowning:

Thanks for the suggestion

If I was in this situation, I’d wipe the HD of anything to do with that 1080 card and Nvidia.
Turn off the PC and pull the card out.
Cold boot and just run off the onboard and verify you are 100% Nvidia free.
Turn off and reinstall card.
Only install the bare bones drives that came with the card…do not update!

Run EVE and make sure you give it time to do its thing…

i have no onboard gfx
I have already cleaned the drivers fully with DDU cleaner in safe mode

Not even on the MB?

BTW it’s not always about what’s on the the HD…sometimes you physically need to remove the damn things…

That is indeed weird. Unfortunately the log isn’t detailed enough in that area to draw any conclusions, at least not without seeing the code of the EVE client behind it. Can you tell if the exefile.exe process just hangs or does it crash? Check the process tab in task manager if you see an exefile.exe process there. If it crashes you should also have an event for it in the Windows Event Log under Windows-Protocols ->Application. The event details might give some clues.

The next line from my local logserver shows this:

svc eveDevice CreateDevice ← last entry for the exefile.exe process in your log
svc eveDevice valid adapters: [0, 1]

I’d try two things next:

1. : if you have more than one display hooked up to the GPU: disconnect all of them except your primary display and try again
  2. if you’re familiar with and able to physically install/deinstall PCIe cards: try removing the GPU entirely and plug it back in. Do that several times and make sure it really sits firm in the slot. There is sometimes a tiny bit of dirt that prevents a stable connection or the card got lifted out of the slot just a tiny bit. I’ve had that several times with PCIe cards that had very weird symptoms, not just GPU’s but storage controllers as well. Most of the time it happens when moving a PC but slightly hitting the case with a chair e.g. can already be enough.

Being Quadraplegic could any of the devices/software that you use to play the game be causing these issues

Definitely no its only an infrared mouse tracker which has no bearing on the game.

Even the Senior tech support are baffled by this

I am just going to have to reinstall windows again :frowning:

sleep for me now first got a damn headache from hell

Thanks for (most of) your help

thanks to the people who read the posts fully then posted

and i really appreciate the help

will reinstall tomorrow and see what happens (and no i am not updating my gfx when reinstalling) will use windows defaults

Till then

Fly safe o7

Removed GM/CCP Correspondence and settled the Thread in its proper place.

A quadraplegic, or a quadraplechick? (your character is female)

The problem at the time was it wasn’t getting settled in it’s proper place.

It was amazing how fast support was getting back to me once i posted this.

some ppl might know me some dont

but sicne ccp lacks completly the support for window managament
i highly recommend using isboxer
for if you run 7 or more characters it is a MUST HAVE
it also comes with a extra advantage it REDUCES the lag that comes with running a lot of toons same eve online launcher

edit: addet a link to the isboxer site
http://isboxer.com/
boernl out

CCP Support <=== 2 words that do not fit well together.
They bring in good money and leave you hanging with support or are to lazy to investigate the problem and
ar·bi·trar·i·ly

ˌärbəˈtrerəlē/

adverb

adverb: arbitrarily

on the basis of random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Deny said claim 3 weeks later.

refuse to speak with you about any problems, don’t answer your questions.

I took actions against them no matter what the cost I consider the whole mess denial of service.

CC-P HA! Dispute take money back from them. don’t settle, readers like to see these posts and say nothing is wrong well let me tell you it just hasn’t happen to you yet so think before your smack your turn is coming.

results from a ccp dispute can be a ban where once again they continue not to speak with you. (sounds just like normal tech support right?

They enjoy hiding behind computer screens not having to talk on a phone and answer real questions about the issue this way they can just use the old delay / ignore tactics until they run you off.
And since at least to me there is no known away around the fat nerds behind the computer screens you are doomed.

in this case fly with R.I.O.T no not the alliance.

CP AkA CCP just calls me by my real name Mr. Screwed Him Again

@ISD_Buldath I think the OP’s issue was resolved a while ago. Might be worth closing this so more people who axes to grind against Support dont keep posting.