CCP - Need to look at neutral bumping alts

lol…

Just stop responding… I guess then people using NPC alts to respond and troll on the forum (like you) should also then be considered an exploit.

Poster got a point.

Bumping is unrealistic. PERIOD! Stop justifying bumping, it’s a technical limitation of how game works.

Moving on, he/she is pointing out bumping is an interference with neutral consequences. Again because the game can’t handle it.

Now the gran finale, the game exists for like almost 20 year?

Sorry to be so blunt here, CCP fked up. Dust and Vampire and all that crap including ‘Anywhere’ and still undock from station black screen of death is a thing.

Sometime we are too complacent with CCP lack of attitude. Ships are not supposed to bump into each other (DAMAGE), and if they do, it’s not supposed to be an OKAY action, most cases it’s an aggression, why not start the timer? 'Cuz CCP did not fixed their game til now and undocking will flag everybody.

Don’t expect any fix here, but also don’t justify CCP incompetence.

3 Likes

I like bumping, space pinball is fun to watch. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:star_struck:

People that don’t know the difference between a PC and an NPC should be banned from the forum.

The very few times I trolled specific people I said I was trolling them. I don’t troll the forum.

I said before I am Ridley Rohan and I never tried to hide it. I never wanted to use this character to post. I was forced to.

Now get off my case. I don’t even know who the hell you are to come out of left field accusing me like that.

lmfao

1 Like

I assume he meant NPC corp alt, though according to EVEwho when he wrote that post you’ve already joined a player corp if I understand the timestamps correctly, though maybe he looked you up earlier and back then you still was part of STI.

You did not say that in this thread… NPC ALT.

What exactly is an NPC ALT? Seems a logical impossibility, unless you imagine that Serpentis Spies have suddenly passed the Turing Test…

2 Likes

I think they mean someone in an NPC corp.
Not that I care more than that.

You are too kind. From now on I suggest letting a troll flap in the wind rather than help them along.

In before the lock.

All I’m reading is “I want to punish creative gameplay.”

Not really. EVE ships are not Newtownian objects because of the warp field they emit. The warp fields of the ships repel each other, causing bumping.

At any rate, bumping was already nerfed. Enough whining about it for the next year please. Thanks.

I disagree with you OP. I believe bumping creates opportunity for unique player-driven interaction. Having mechanics and giving players the freedom to explore how to best use them on/against other players is part of this sandbox experience.

Can you not think of any counters? No? No reasonable counter?

The 3-minute bump timer was a death blow to large scale organized ganking among other niche activities. I remember spotting a guy in a freighter we had a war against but wasn’t going to go live for almost another 4-5 hours. I kept him bumped and aggressed until the war went live until at which point I killed him in an Ibis.

Are you telling me that in 4-5 hours he couldn’t have gotten any help? This was in Perimeter on the Jita gate mind you so I just have a hard time feeling sorry for people that struggle to rub a few brain cells together.

In short, OP try harder.

2 Likes

I got a couple suggestions for you to solve your problem.

1. Higgs Anchor with MWD running (This will increase your mass and make you harder to bump)
  2. Get a bumping Mach and bump off the omen

PEG field. And its imaginary.

That’s nice. But I have no idea what you are talking about.

That said, you seem to be operating under the belief that every change is a nerf. My belief system is different. For me, change very often equals opportunity. Plus change can be so insignificant that it need not be feared. Or it can be worked around.

I suggested bumper ships go flashy yellow if they bump. Are neutral bumpers so terrified of going flashy yellow? They can’t adapt? Maybe they should HTFU. Or try harder.

1 Like

But then how will you get content?

No, but everyone other law-abiding resident of highsec should be. Imagine all the tears when players are accidently flagged as suspect, or tricked into bumping things and are exploded without a CONCORD response? The green button was put there for a reason, and CCP is not going to add a gaping hole in the safety setting mechanics like this.

Look, you can be all combative and shout HTFU all you want, but the reality is that every highsec content creator would love CCP to add such a loop hole. You are not adding anything to this conversation by declaring inane your ideas loudly other than sucking oxygen out of threads like this, and you aren’t hurting anyone like you seem to be trying to do. Take a step back, and try to post constructively, or it won’t be long until this character is banned from the forums as well.

1 Like

Its like you are not even trying to imagine how issues could be overcome.

Hmmmm…just another day on this useless forum half populated with useless people who only see value in their own negativity and attempts to kick down.

Oh well. At least its not the idea section.

You are not adding anything to this conversation by declaring inane your ideas loudly other than sucking oxygen out of threads like this, and you aren’t hurting anyone like you seem to be trying to do. Take a step back, and try to post constructively, or it won’t be long until this character is banned from the forums as well.

Back at you minus the ideas and the possibility of being banned. I don’t kiss ass unlike the others who should have been banned ages ago but just keep trolling.

And I will just go ahead and launch a little tidbit concerning the green safety and what it could be used for with a LITTLE imagination that I am afraid even four bong hits could’t fix for some folks.

1 Like

Please, go for it.

The green safety setting is intended and was implemented such to make sure you can never go suspect. That is completely incompatible with suspect flagging based on navigation. The only way it would work is if you somehow disabled the ability to bump when the safety is green so that people had to opt-in with a yellow safety setting before they could interact with another ship, which is obviously impossible/impractical.

Flagging people this way is a complete non-starter. There is literally zero way to implement this without remove the ability to 100% prevent themselves from getting a suspect flag. If you really think bumping is an issue, you have to look elsewhere, and the only place I see would be at a really fundamental change in how the physics of New Eden works, or I guess tossing out much of CrimeWatch 2.0. Neither of these is a targeted change, or probably even feasible at this point in the game’s life cycle.

But I do think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Eve’s core concept is a shared universe where all our actions affect each other. Ships occasionally bumping into each other and the minor consequences of that are part of the game and not a problem at all in my view. If anything, it would be great if CCP could come up with a way to allow physics to matter more but yet still preserve the important functions of CrimeWatch.

No it’s not impossible. And also it’s not the only way to do so. Just because you can’t imagine another way to do so, does not mean that other people did not.

I agree that the correct way is to prevent people from bumping unless they are A) in sec status ≤0.45 or B) suspect. That’s totally possible and practical.

1 Like

Tell you what bro. Relax. If my ideas are impossible to work with I am sure CCP will figure that out without your input.

Take a seat.

Chill.

Its gonna be okay.

But I am gonna keep expanding on the idea. No need for your input. Seriously. Take a breather. :parasol_on_ground:

So anywho, if safety is set for green, the speed of your ship will be limited to below a specified momentum considering the mass of your vessel.

Wanna go faster? Well when it comes to navigating, git gud. Either that or its the flashy yellow instapop (not).

I used to run around with safety set to red. It was great until I lost my best ship accidentally shooting loot I accidentally locked. I rage quit forever (No I didn’t. I moved on and learned, even though that was completely stupid mechanics and still is).

But everything is gonna be okay. Big brother CCP will take care of it! :smiley: