CCP Promises

A number of people got them for however many SP they “could have had” if they’d stayed subbed and training since cancelling.

They’ve been charging around $18-20 per million SP. That’s roughly triple what the SP would have cost you if you’d stayed subbed and training, so anyone CCP can sucker into one of these “catch-up” purchases is a solid deal. For CCP.

The problem isn’t so much ccp offering it (in this day and age it’s expected), it’s people doing it which thus incentives ccp to do it again/more/worse. Its like crying about p2w but everyone gobbles that ■■■■ up and it’s probably the same people who cry about it who also buy it.

People want it, expect it, demand it. Does that mean it’s good for the game, unsure because we don’t know how many people quit over this stuff and how many we gained or retained. “CCP shouldn’t do this” is the same as “world hunger shouldn’t exist”, those words are meaningless and without agency.

TBH I’ve had maybe a 10-12 people mention their SP buyback offer to me, and seen maybe another 6 or 8 refer to their offer in forums. So far, not one person has said they took CCP up on the offer.

Not hard to understand, given the terrible price-gouging CCP is attempting here.

It’s fairly common these days to work from the “terrible people are making things terrible with their terrible demands” viewpoint, but I would also point out that for well over a decade now CCP has demonstrated they’re quite capable of making terrible decisions all on their own. And then steadfastly refusing to learn anything from the fallout.

1 Like

Perhaps. Thing is that not many people will go “yeah I paid money for it” and plaster it all over the forums :stuck_out_tongue: I’d say that if it weren’t worth it CCP wouldn’t do it.

1 Like

Back when they sold us all 1 million skillpoints for $5, we all admitted that we bought the pack.

Not even YouTube could keep up with the necessary server space and the exponential growth it would require…

smh. :expressionless:

1 Like

Nah, we didn’t buy the pack for the SP.

We bought the pack to immediately inject, strip and sell the SP.

Cheapest ISK ever. Thanks, CCP!

Also, why gatekeep guaranteed money? just take the limits off.

Oh no! Please. Stop buying digital stuff. We have to cut you off !’… said no savvy business person ever.

You uncorked the bottle. You rubbed the lamp. The pebble has been snatched from my hand. The Rubicon has been crossed.

Stop wading in toxic gaming filth and just fully immerse. Take limits off of SP packs.

1 Like

All they have to do is make it so that a pilot from the same corporation and alliance than the one with the bounty on his head cannot collect.
Still, I think the alts need to go.

So you can’t have friends in different corps and alliances?

Alts will never go. CCP make way too much money off of multiple omega accounts. If they banned them, the game would immediately die.

3 Likes

Of course.
Are you telling me that everyone abused the bounty system? If that’s the case then no, Bounty System can stay off permanently in that case.

Still… the Alts need to go :smiley:

Don’t worry about going on a long vacation and leaving your assets in a structure. They can always be reclaimed through asset recovery.

By CCP you mean CCP Aurora, right?

Do you happen to know how that might effect the older player base?

She was being sarcastic. CCP touts every patch and release as “The Big One” that’s going to change the game. Just wait and see. The next one is it. The next one…

1 Like

Plain simple answer = mostly NO…

4 Likes

I believe that we get what we pay for, if we are dirt cheap and refuse to open our wallets then how are we not seeing that funds not spent this year effect the goals in which they set and display to us at the live events. (FanFest)

Blood out of a stone can only be squeezed so much before you realise you might be asking the impossible.

So do you feel you are getting roughly $60 million per year worth of EVE development from CCP?

Because that’s what’s being paid for.

(In equivalence terms, that’s almost the budget to develop a top-notch triple-A game release every year.)

1 Like

Tomato…tomatoes, does a top notch game even come close to New Eden?

Its Not A Matter of being Dirt Cheap its a matter of, Should I invest my limited income in a game that has gone up by 200% with very little development. , Or have heating on and still have cash to play well over 10 other AAA titles this year. Thats the facts of Eve. A Lot of Money for very very little development. And the day CCP keeps it words and invests in the things it promises, Half of its player base will die with heart attacks. Because they have never done that in 20 years.

This was Interesting, From EveWho (Like somebody is trying to hide the past)

Character corporation History ESI endpoint has been disabled by CCP. Therefore, character corporation histories cannot be updated. Join history, leave history, etc cannot be updated until the endpoint has been re-enabled.

1 Like

How did ccp develop anything when EvE was subscription, then?