CCP Promises

Simple they listened to there player base, when things were becoming unbalanced, like a frigate killing a battleship withinin 3 mins, they altered the stats on the frigates to make the whole investment in a ship that cost 30 times more than a frigate verses what it can fight fair. But fair is a thing CCP has not been interested in in years. they want, a quick buck, so a new player that can kill a 4 bill ship with a 2 mill ship. is more important to them , they want the new guys money , before the new guys realize, no matter how much time and money you put in to eve, your screwed. so everybody that invested time and money in eve was screwed over. I Mean a 20 Billion Freighter, can die to 300 mill in bombers, and destroyers, in a 1.0 system. lol This is ■■■■■■■■. The Thing is when the new guys decide to invest time and money in the later game , they realize, its a no win situation, so they quit. Thats why the player base never rises. CCP has made it that way.

EVE isn’t fair, nor is it supposed to be. Using your 20 billion ISK freighter example, a martial arts master is still going to get his a** stomped into the ground if he is attacked by 20 random guys at once. Life ain’t fair. Neither is EVE…

3 Likes

There is the problem, EVE is not fair, but its so unbalanced its pointless. I have made this analogy before. You have a HGV full of good stuff driving outside a police station. That weighs 300 tons in mass. And 30 people on mopeds have the ability to destroy it within 40 seconds. So this ship has one of the biggest masses in the game is basically pointless. This is a construct from CCP to get players who like ganking involved. They have betrayed the industry guys for the quick , I want to kill things and look good prats. yet again. Again CCP destroying the foundations of the game.

1 Like

Ganking has been a thing since day one. Since the first nanosecond the servers were turned on. It (PvP) is the very foundation of the game. If there is no destruction or losses, there’s no need for industry…

2 Likes

I Agree Ganking was a Fundimental part of the game in 2003. And still is, But it has become a draw to the i want to look good on the kill board crowd. And CCP has not done a thing to balance the problem.
I mean if you had a frieghter, that had not offensive abilty surley skills, let alone implants would help its survival rate, but NO ccp dont give a ■■■■ about ballance, A Frieghter is a easy kill, and a jump frieghter is even easier. And CCP wonders why industry is dying. 80% of my corp dont play anymore, And I hate to say this but , Star Citizen is a more balanced game. So CCP is just running this game in to the ground. I Mean Where is Bjorn Bee. I loved his twitch stream, He has been absorbed by CCP and now we lost one of the last best EVE streamers out there. Im sick of CCP . Its time to Biomass all my chars, I think.

Well, good luck to you, but there is currently no bigger cash cow in the industry than Star Citizen. I think that game has already been crowd-funded to the GDP of a small country…

3 Likes

I Agree , the Difference between Star Citizen and CCP is Simple , CCP ■■■■ on there player base constantly, Star Citizen ( who may be lying through there teeth ) Give us hope.

2 Likes

Elite Dangerous is a better comparison of a space game with more balanced features than Star Citizen. SC will never have more than 120+ players on one server. SC is still a glorified tech demo that is a pipe dream for their devs that spend their time online virtue-signaling just for ESG points. Because of that, Chris Roberts could care less about ever “finishing” making the game.

True I am just reaching for a response while testing the waters on what can and can’t be said unnoticed.

It is all part of a larger plan.

I missed the screams, so I visit the forums once more. It delivers without any problems.

Your analogy is only about “mass”. Mass is completely irrelevant, hence so is your analogy. Resists, EHP, DPS and above all, tactics are the only things that matter.
EvE is “fair” in that it allows you to think about the possible dangers and prepare for them by using what knowledge and experience you have. If the knowledge isn’t there yet, tough. Plenty of people to ask how it should be done (aka workable solutions).

We are all hamsters in CCP’s maze. They’ve had more than a few good chuckles over the past two decades, and a few amazing observations. But the foundations of the game have more or less remained the same: they’re based on free choice, and not on foot stamping and demands for safety and “playing massively solo online”.

1 Like

Before getting too hung up on mass, consider the real life example of SMS Szent Istvan, 22000 tons, destroyed by MAS 15, 20 tons…

3 Likes

Perhaps you miss where the real balance is in Eve. Playstyles are imbalanced, but nobody forces anyone into a particular playstyle. The balance lies in the fact that everyone has equal free choice between the different playstyles. With multiple characters you can even play multiple playstyles and be the hunted in one and the hunter in another. That is balance !

References to anything in the real physical world are out of place, Even there mass by itself is only part of the mechanics, velocity squared being the more important one when it comes to destruction (11.3 g ball hitting an 80kg target at 761 m/s), or sudden volume increases, or etc etc… :nerd_face:

1 Like

But did both sides have fun?

Smaller ships being able to punch above their weight is a Good Thing. It allows new players to actually have an impact, varied tactics, etc. “Bigger or more expensive isn’t always better” was a rule from day one and it makes things more interesting.

Why would you complain about an unarmed cargo ship being vulnerable to smaller combat ships is beyond me. The game is all about ships having different roles and no ship being great at everything (except for T3Cs).

Cost is mostly about how good the ship is at fulfilling its specialized role (except for T3Cs), or else I would have to complain about my 140 mil Astero being vulnerable to any 10 mil combat fit T1 frig. But I don’t because I understand I’m paying for it to be an amazing exploration ship and a capable, but not invincible combat frig.

You’re essentially asking for p2w and solopwnmobiles, which are antithetical to EVE (except for T3C’s). Thinking it’s the other way around is bonkers.

And Star Citizen is such a different game, I don’t get people comparing it to EVE all the time. I haven’t played it, but I know I would be interested in it for very different reasons than I am in EVE. It’s an immersive flight sim first and foremost, while EVE is a tactical RPG.

Seems to me like a lot of people expect EVE to be something like SC and get extremely disapponted and salty when it turns out it just isn’t. My suggestion to those people is to go and play SC, there is no reason to torture yourself with a game you don’t enjoy.

1 Like

Ganking a freighter with cats or bombers is no different than a few folks armed to the teeth in 3 small boats hijacking an enormous container ship.

2 Likes

While I agree, and this situation rarely would happen outside fiction, some people seem to like the current design.

I guarantee it was not like that before the patch that nerfed resistances and buffed turrets. I tanked 3 frigs with a cyclone, next day after the patch I was dead.

Moving on, I’m not going to engage in useless discussions, just saying you have a point, but don’t expect CCP to revert or people to agree.

The current model may work for some stuff, but people wanting immersion are getting disappointed (from what I keep reading). Nonetheless, last weekend 27K players, so I must concede they are right, I’m wrong… :upside_down_face:

Free Choice , You have to Be kidding Free Choice by definition Means you can choose what you want to do and fly. But free choice goes out the window , when CCP decides to change the Skills needed and the function of the ship, (You decided to spend 3 months training for). I mean if this happens once or twice , fair enough , a balance has to be kept, so you would expect CCP to change the stats of each ship to balance them all out, But they dont only change the stats, The Slots, The actual ships function, they make it need tons of new skills that will be seeded on the market in a week or 2, they have done this more times than i can remember. So Free choice in EVE does not exist. If you have not experienced this yet, Then you have not been playing long enough to see how CCP treats its players. Its only when you have invested thousands of hours, and dollars, it seems to happen. Weird or what :slight_smile:

And there is the Problem, Eve was never sold as a tactical RPG. It was sold as a MMO Universe Simulation, And CCP promised that it would be the best space simulation that was possible. Its gone from being a massive multiplayer universe exploring space , to a run of the mill very expensive RPG. Not even close to what was promised.