Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

Thats the think :slight_smile:

1 Charfarm needs 2 Plex per month ( 1x Subscription + 1x for 4 Extractors)
For the value which was traded only in Jita you need 50.000 Charfarms (only in jita/region)
Thats are 100.000 Plex only for the Charfarms, thats not a demand of players just a Cashcow of ccp.
After the ghost training Chars also needs a Subscription…

unpatch the F. injectors and the price will sink. But the active Chars will also be devided :smiley: Bad for CCP :smiley:

ps: rip eve :slight_smile:

1. Keep the “Alpha” program as what it is: an unlimited time trial.

2. Keep PLEX as a replacement for Aurum for cash shop purchases.

3. Make subscriptions and skill injectors purchasable with cash only.

Otherwise, watch the game sink into oblivion as the economy crashes and burns, the gameplay becomes a joke, and the players leave.

And I say this as an Alpha player.

Or make capital skills not injectable. All capital skills from spaceship command to capital guns to capital repairs to excavator drone operation, maybe even capital ship construction and fleet support skills.

1 Like

PLEX enables people who have more money than time to pay subscriptions for people who have more time than money. This is a significant source of income for CCP.

Try to understand the processes before making pronouncements.

2 Likes

I understand the process just fine. The process is deeply flawed. At the very least, injectors need to be cash purchasable only. PLEX needs to be either sub time or cash shop currency, making it both has also driven the prices up due to even more plex needed than usual. Right now, noone is buying PLEX and those who have PLEX are hoarding it, waiting for the prices to skyrocket to their satisfaction. So CCP isn’t making squat right now because of this.

And who do you think is going to be buying PLEX at 3-4 BILLION ISK, which is where I see the current rise heading quite easily. The Alpha players that CCP created the program for in hopes of getting more paying players? No Alpha ios ever going to make 2 BILLION ISK a month, much less 3 or 4. So the Alpha program has been effectively neutered by PLEX.

Wanna bet? At these prices, people selling plex are capitalising. Last week I made a cool 10bil in about 30 seconds thanks to my credit card. You aren’t their accountant though, so you really have no clue what their finances are like.

On paper, anyone can be worth 955 million with some creative ledgering. And that value is projected by CCPs owners. What the real value is will be determined in negotiations.

The big fear is are all the EVE players playing to the Devs to work other projects.

I don’t think this is a bad thing. I would like CCP to have their finger in the VR pie so to speak. This coming back around and undermining EVE community would be killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Is CCP that stupid I don’t think so.

EVE should get some VR dog fighting and actual first person planet exploration / conquest that would be wicked awesome.

As for EVE PLEX debacle I said my soultions as follows:

1. Have PLEX investment events where players can plow PLEX in to CCP via zero value principle dividends fund. Dividend can be only paid when CCP is profitable.

2. PLEX Vaults should cap at a certain value. IF you have XXX,XXX PLEX you have do some jumping around my friend.

3. More PLEX exchange activities such as selling naming rights on the overviews through PLEX trading VIA players.

4. Bounty system for wardec I offer X,XXX PLEX to the corp that wardec’s XYZ corp and kills the most ISK in assets.

5. Hostile take over of corps. If your CEO hasn’t logged in a year 1,000 PLEX imitates a take over. Assets appraised in PLEX then become the reserve for the CORP to actually be in a position to be taken over. Open bidding for shares in the company in PLEX. Then XYZ corp CEO logs in to find a bunch of PLEX thanks for doing business.

Do I have any keepers?

Why would anyone buy plex in game anyway? You can earn enough for a one month’s subscription working for 30 minutes IRL, if that. What can I do in game to earn enough ISK to buy a plex that quickly. Why would anyone grind to buy plex in game?

PLEX prices will drop only when in game demand drops. Of course this might mean many players having their accounts lapse to Alpha status, that is for those relying on in game PLEX purchases.

Or, if there is a sudden sell of PLEXes by hoarders or outside game PLEX purchases increase to sell for in game ISK.

It’s probably going to go to 4M ISK before resistance is tested.

The only issue i see here with the Plex prices,
Is the number of people I know for various reasons where no matter what they do it is
literally physically economically impossible for them to always sub.
And the Plex prices have driven them from the game, most of these people i talk about were mostly into PvP or all the way into PvP.

Plexing allowed them to remain in the game and provide or be content, most of them despised any type of grinding unless absolutely necessary making their ISK usually from loot drops on PvP encounters.
I find it sad that in 2 years i can go through a list of approx 100 people that have quit for variations of this reason.
Multiply me by lets say 100, 100x100= 10,000 players that have quit EvE, want another reason to look at the decline of numbers, there you go.
And the decline is leading to more and more stagnation and other issues where newbros that do come in after a few weeks look at things and ask themselves why bother?

1 Like

Why would anyone buy plex in game anyway? You can earn enough for a one month’s subscription working for 30 minutes IRL, if that. What can I do in game to earn enough ISK to buy a plex that quickly. Why would anyone grind to buy plex in game?

Yes, if you live in a prosperous Western country.

Billions of people dont. In my last job, an internship in Eastern Europe, i earned 0.48$ an hour. So … 30h of work for a sub, instead of your 30min. (Everyone in Europe has to pay the same 15$ a month, only the Russians get a special payment plan.)

3 Likes

Congratulations on your job. Earning 15€ for a one month subscription in half an hour would take a job with 90k € per year (Germany, after taxes of course) - that is more than twice the average full time job salary…
Now take into account that most jobs cannot be scaled up or down as you wish (fixed working hours and fixed salary) and that you also can’t get a second job on demand and without any limitations (total maximum working hours, not against interests of your primary employer etc), it doesn’t look so easy anymore.

Those four subscriptions I am running might very well be the money for christmas presents or the emergency car repair for someone else and that’s for people living here, in the same country, city or even street,

1 Like

Prices are quite stable were I live. € 40 for 1.100 PLEX. There is nothing CCP needs to do about this.

You say a lot of words but they contain very little content. My original point still stands that CCP made more money last year than previous years and as such your “speculation that CCP is doing increasingly poorly” is literally that, pure speculation (that is clearly incorrect).

Different price for different countries don’t completely erase the issue. The ex-soviet republic now part of EU right now are getting the hard treatment for example but I’m pretty sure none of them really wish they were still a soviet republic so they could pay EVE sub cheaper.

1 Like

What is there to talk about? Welcome to the free market

No such thing as free market, CCP will interfere with it anytime it wants, so it’s not selfregulatin. Perfect example was seeding SAARs last patch because someone bought all from market, was rising prices up and that hurted frigates meta.

3 Likes

In other news, usually there are different subscription prices for different countries because of those differences.

Erm, no?
https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203599091-Subscription-Costs

Pretty much every1 has to pay the same price (except Russians). An Ukrainian citizen, who earns 200$/month on average, has to pay the same 15$ as a Swiss citizen, who earns 5500$/month on average.

1 Like

for every so called “leecher”, CCP makes 20 bucks, as opposed to people who pay real money for their subs: only 15.

Edit: Personal attack removed, CCP Phantom

4 Likes