Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

The PLEX price to a degree, will control itself, because some people will refuse to pay the ISK price and quit.

There will be no immediate effect on CCPs bottom line, because the PLEX they are selling for cash are still being bought for ISK. They still bank the money.

However, there may be a long term effect. If PLEX demand falls later… everyone bought all the skins they want, fewer people buying injectors, therefore fewer people farming… whatever reason, those people may (probably) wont come back, so the number of PLEX being sold will be lower than it might have been, and that might have an effect on CCPs income.

Injector farmers are consuming a lot of plex to generate skill injectors, driving price up. More people are getting into the bandwagon, creating more injector farms, consuming more plex.

In the other hand, more people is consuming skill injectors to be able to generate more isk ratting to be able to plex. When skill injector demand sink plex bubble will burst.

A lot of people just need to stop crying over PLEX price and actually start paying for the damn game if you think PLEX price are too high. How damn hard is it to come up with 15$ for a month of entertainment?

4 Likes

In current situation any PLEX supply is sucked up in a blink, either by traders (speculating on price increase), SP farmers (who don’t care about PLEX price) or people having too much ISK in general (ISK farming is too easy and nothing else to do).

The funny thing is, that more demand and rising ISK price reduce supply, because prices of stuff are stable and people need to buy less PLEX for same ISK amount. They won’t just buy more PLEX and spend more.

You can easily proof that by looking at the trade volume, with rising price the volume traded goes down, means supply is down too (with traders not being able to compensate).

3 Likes

I think the most of it is lower supply AND at the same time higher demand.

1 Like

I’ve seen this elitist “argument” before, and the answer remains the same: It depends very much on whereabouts the player lives. In some geographical locales, not only does the exchange rate make that sum non-trivial, but the issue is compounded by the local per capita income. Where I live, that sum represents 3-10 DAYS’ (or even more) worth of FOOD for many people. Please expand your frame of reference and apply some thought before spouting such narrow-minded "how hard can it be"s.

As for your first sentence: people using PLEX to play ARE indirectly paying for their game-time - if they were to all quit doing so, watch the wallet-warriors start crying. Again, some forethought before simplistic, reductive “arguments” would stand you in good stead…

8 Likes

Assuming your description of your situation is true, it still isn’t the situation of all the people I hear and read complaining about PLEX prices. By now, it’s like the majority of the player base expect to pay via PLEX and somehow forgot that each services they use via PLEX create demand while the offer just isn’t there. You would not believe how many people I see complaining about PLEX price later asking how to use the SP they got from their latest purchase of skill injector. The number of people participating in growing their perceived problem is staggering.

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest, if you’re struggling to buy food, video games should be at the very bottom of your list of things to worry about paying for. This is not an argument against the price of EVE. There’s a reason people stricken by famine don’t own ferraris you know. EVE is extremely cheap, regardless of the exchange rate. But if the cost of it means you can’t buy food, that is a choice you make between one or the other.

4 Likes

[quote=“Frostys_Virpio, post:63, topic:11604, full:true”]
Assuming your description of your situation is true[/quote]
It is.

Granted - but a generalised “how hard can it possibly be to cough up X real-world currency” doesn’t acknowledge the fact that it is overlooking the rest - just saying.

I completely agree with you here - PLEX and Injectors compete for ISK (so those people are spending on the SP “luxury” then complaining about struggling to pay the “rent” necessity), AND the SP farms at the very least compound (though I think heavily contribute to) the PLEX price issue (and therefore those players are, as you say, supporting the trend.) It’s almost hypocritical, except that in many cases I suspect that the players causing this aren’t aware of the implications - but I doubt they would change their habits even once educated.

1 Like

Even if you explain the complete movement of PLEX to enable their Skill crack addiction, they still don’t change their way. I tried and they just keep saying “CCP should do something about it”.

2 Likes

You misunderstand completely - it is not an “either or” that I am alluding to here: obviously necessities such as food, housing, transportation, utilities, healthcare, etc. come first - I presented that comparison as precisely that: a comparison, in order to put in perspective the cost differences of something across the globe, to illustrate that while to some 15USD may equate to a fast-food meal or half an hour’s work or whatever, to others it does most certainly not equate to either, but rather represents a significant cost that cannot be justified (where I live, on a middle-class salary that may be a day’s work - that’s almost 5% of a monthly cheque.) The PLEX system allows, among other things, for people who cannot afford first-world prices to not only participate (thus fleshing out and populating the game world for EVERYONE, thus generally improving the state of the game), but it allows CCP to nevertheless still generate additional revenue through those players - were those players to become unable (or unwilling) to play, that represents pure loss for CCP, as that represents that much less demand for PLEX.

4 Likes

[quote=“Felyx_Ravencroft, post:68, topic:11604, full:true”]

…to put in perspective the cost differences of something across the globe[/quote]

It still doesn’t matter. It is not up to CCP to manage the economies of different countries. All they can do is offer the game at the same price for everyone, and the price they offer is cheap. It amounts to 50c a day for a subscription.

1 Like

[quote=“Remiel_Pollard, post:71, topic:11604, full:true”]

Except that the 50c/day costing means very different things to different people, based on per capita income and local cost of living. Yes, of course international economies are not CCP’s purview (and I never implied that it is) :slight_smile: but that’s where PLEX (and similar methods applied in other games) are a way to circumvent that and allow for maximum inclusion possible of players, to be able to play within their means while generating income for the game provider - it is harnessing/channeling the desire of “wallet warriors” to gain in-game advantage or advancement/shortcuts (taking the RMT away from the grey/black market) and using that to bolster the health of the game through larger server population - which in turn can improve player retention of financially directly-contributing subscribers and “wallet warriors” - these two player subsets NEED each other, and if either is pushed out, the whole suffers.

1 Like

This still going on? Twisted. Plex, the golden standard of cocaine based soylent green.

[quote=“Felyx_Ravencroft, post:82, topic:11604, full:true”]

Except that the 50c/day costing means very different things to different people[/quote]

Which remains completely irrelevant. 50mm of rain is still just 50mm of rain, whether it falls on the ocean or the desert.

1 Like

Total rubbish, PLEX price has been rising for years and at no time has it been “stable”. It’s easy to assume the price it was when you started playing is the stable original price but it isn’t. PLEX has always gotten more expensive and will continue to do so, people have always complained and theory-crafted and they too will continue to do so.

This is normality, these “EvE is Dying / PLEX is very Expensive” threads have been echoing in the void for many years in one form or another. Better to accept that PLEX is supposed to be a luxury and not a right, hence too expensive for many to afford and rightly so :parrotmustache:

3 Likes

Here is how you make plex prices lower… Ready?

1. Buy as many plex as you cna form the market, you buy them all or you buy lots over time.

2. you place the plex back on the market at a loss.

3. Congrads, you just drove down plex prices.

or

1. you buy plex with real money, as much as you can

2. you put them on the market at an extreme discount

3. repeat 1-2 untill plex stays low (as first you will get your plex gobbled up and back on the market for higher money)

In other words, players set the price for plex, so what do you expect ccp to do about it? Aurum is not coming back, and one single currency for skins and other real life money buying stuff is a benefit.

1 Like

oh wait, 3rd option:
don;t buy your sub with plex. use real a subscription

or 4) don;t be poor.

in a system where with enough isk you can max out a character… Nope no actual advantage there…

Try to find ways to enjoy the game as Alpha