Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

Bla bla bla

I just want CCP to acknowledge that the price increase was caused by their structural changes and their position on whether or not this outcome is desirable.

Don’t hold your breath - you don’t have a clone to respawn in.

–Observant Gadget

1 Like

Hold my beer.

1 Like

They won’t, nor should they.

You’re not going to get the response you want, nor are you entitled to a response of any kind; get over yourself.

This is the reason why; PLEX is too expensive has been a recurring theme since the day dot.

The complaint predates any changes that CCP have introduced with micro PLEXes, skill extractors, ship skins, resculpts, MCT, or any of the other things that can be done with PLEX.

Edit -sorry Gadget, I hit the wrong reply button, this was aimed at Marek Kanenald

1 Like

To be fair, though: the amount of people complaining increases proportionally to the increase of the price, until.

it actually pains me a bit to continue that sentence.

Until the amount of people complaining about the price of plex decreases exponentially once the price has reached a certain threshold. not because they’re happy, no. because they quit. seeing more people complain when the price goes up is “good”, seeing less people complain while the price still keeps going up can be very, very “bad”.

People were complaining when it was 300,000,000 isk, if PLEX is too expensive they have another option, pay their $15 like the rest of us that can’t be arsed to grind for PLEX.

I sense anger. I understand that. Anyhow, of course there always have been people complaining about it, but the conclusion that “people will always complain” ignores that the amount of people who complain is an important metric. Actually it’s the only thing that matters when it comes to this.

The more people complain, the closer we get to the threshold at which the “problem” of people complaining will “fix” itself. And yes, of course, even post-threshold there will be people who will complain about the price of PLEX, but these people are at the end of the curve. They’re basically “the only ones left to care, everyone else already left the ship.”

Right now, it seems, we’re slowly drifting towards the peak. The “threshold” for things like this usually is a round number. Could be two billion isk, could be 2.5 or even three. I don’t know. I don’t farm for isk, so I can’t reproduce the steps necessary to understand where the “breaking point” for the biggest amount of people is.

The TL;DR, written at 30+ degree in this completely darkened room: “People always complain about the price of plex” is a really simple way of dismissing them.

:sweat:

PS: It more and more looks like there’s a significant shift coming towards us and the game as a whole. Really interessting!

1 Like

This is insane. People complain about price but I just stared my EVE carier as miner and only pay once for sub. Now I use only plex with only few hours per day in game.

And yes, CCP have profit form players like me. Someone must pay them to give me that plex.

Get over myself for asking a simple question?

Only someone who is completely oblivious doesn’t realize the current situation is different from the price increases in the past. The economic report about the amount of ISK bounties earned alone already show that massively more ISK is entering the economy.

And the way skill injectors drive up the price is also damn obvious because every skill injector bought from SP farms costs ~237 Plex to make.

I am not even saying plex is to expensive, I am just asking what they THINK about the current situation.

That’s your opinion; PLEX is a luxury good, as it gains in utility the price will increase, and that would have happened regardless.

MicroPLEX is not causing the prices to increase, people who are speculating on the utility of PLEX are, and always have been, the reason for the price of PLEX; if they’re not stockpiling it (which reduces supply, which in turn increases the price), they’re selling it for as much money as some muppet is willing to pay for it.

CCP have already tried to address the amount of ISK that some gain through NPC bounties by nerfing carrier ratting, whether or not they succeed is another matter entirely.

I would say that they obviously have thought about the current situation, while I don’t agree with the direction they seem to be taking Eve in, it’s their business that they’re putting on the line.

And there were twice as many concurrent logins when PLEX was 300M ISK or thereabouts.

I see the entitlement as well, but in-game activity is no doubt linked to PLEX prices whether we like it or not. Each likely reinforces the other, meaning decreases in player activity are going to increase PLEX prices (less PLEX find their way to market) which will further drop activity (as players who don’t want to or can’t pay leave) in a feedback loop that isn’t good for the game’s overall health.

The PLEX price gives us some insight into how players value their time and efforts in the game. Skyrocketing PLEX means players value less and less their efforts in the game. There are other, more structural reasons for PLEX prices changing, but if players are finding less value in the things they do in the game that should be a little worrisome, especially if your game play involves gathering or making stuff for the other players.

The ironic thing is that many of these players being squeezed out of affordable PLEX are the very same ones that whined for a safer game with less explosions so they could grind or build in peace. Well folks, this is where that road takes us - decreasing demand for everything, including the things you gather or produce, and ever more expensive PLEXes as a result. Let’s hope a real war breaks out somewhere sometime soon, or CCP can actually add some interesting content or conflict drivers, to both turn around the decreasing PCU numbers and stimulate those anemic destruction numbers.

5 Likes

why wouldn’t it be desirable?

The problem with EVERY PLEX COMPLAINT THREAD ever is that they are made up of in game plex buyers only. The cost goes up and they cry foul without having the ability to see things from someone else’s perspective.

From the perspective of a player who doesn’t like to (or doesn’t have time to) make in game isk, higher plex prices in game are good, because it makes their real life money go further when they buy plex. This is good for CCP, because that means a dude with 20 bucks and a hankering for fast isk is more likely to whip out that credit card.

People saying that CCP should “do something about plex prices” are in reality stupidly saying “man, CCP should tell that guy with the credit card that his 20 bucks should be worth less isk”, which would be stupid for a for profit company to do.

Right now I buy plex in game to sub my accounts (because I don’t mind ratting with my 2 pirate BSs), but I still understand that something I don’t like (rising plex prices) can be something someone else does like (the guy who buys plex with real money for ingame isk ss VERY happy right now),

This is why Phantom has tried to explain that it’s more complicated than “high ingame plex prices = bad for CCP”. For every player that decides to quit plexing their sub, their might be another who goes “WOW, I can’t get 1.7 bil isk for 20 bucks!”.

As for skill farms, I’m not a fan of skill extraction/injection and I can see how that affects things, but it doesn’t change the fundamental fact that EVE online only costs 50 cents USD per day at it highest subscription rate and people who complain about plex prices in game are the people who can’t for some reason abide the idea of spending and average of 50 cents for 23.5 hours of video game access.

1 Like

Where is the proof that more people are complaining about something? A metric showing more “plex is too high” complaint posts than normal? Something, anything at all?

I farm for isk for plex ad have done so since 2010 and the truth is ingame plex price has never been an issue (a carrier can STILL make 500 mil per hour rolling level 5 missions) and yea, people where complaining loudly at every step (OMG plex used to be 250 mil now its’ 500 mil CCP INTERVENENE NOW !!!).

The problem is very simply that people are selfish and if you give them a ‘good’ for a cheap price then that price goes up, some will complain even when the price increase is trivial. People don’t look at cost the right way, they look at cost relative to what something else costs or what that things used to cost. Which is why every time there is a plex complaint thread I remind people that EVE costs at more 50 cents a day per account and, well, they are being silly suckers.

I’d argue that these people add nothing of value anyway. Those are the ones that hide in stations and cry on the forums about mean afk cloakers. Or they dock up the moment a hostile is reported 10 jumps out. Or they’re plain and simple botters that cry about afk cloakers because their bots stop operating with hostiles in local (cough drone regions cough).
There will be the odd person in there that did add some meaningful value to the sandbox, but getting rid of most of them won’t hurt anyone. Nobody will even notice. They’ll just disappear. One number less in local that’s hiding in perfect safety when the tiniest amount of risk is imposed.

1 Like

You keep trying to determine for others what a game is worth to them.

Can they determine that for themselves please?

Objectively, Eve is indeed 50 cents a day game.

1 Like

I really need to start being more real.

I understand your point, but you make a mistake. a generalization of a way too big amount of people you instead should seperate into the respective sub-groups it’s made of. Then you’ll realize that all groups are made up of sub-groups, made up of people who share some thoughts and beliefs; who share all thoughts and beliefs and who share no thoughts and beliefs with people outside of their respective sub-group.

You simply do not know the amount of people within the sub-group that actually fits your definition.

You’re bitter. I understand that completely. Yet it shouldn’t cloud your logic! That clouded logic gives your opposition vectors of attacks, preventing the bigger picture to evolve into something new.

see also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_attribution_error

Dear Sir and or Madam: That’s incorrect.

Objectively speaking, EVE is a game where you pay monthly, quartlery, every half year or every full year. There is no option to pay “50 cents per day” and therefore your statement is objectively wrong.

It’s just as incorrect as “costs only 10 per month when you subscribe for a year”, because you have to pay the whole amount upfront. It’s, in no way or form, more affordable for someone who can not pay 15 bucks per month. it’s only cheaper for those who can afford to upfront the whole sum.

Sorry…

3 Likes

Sure they can, but if they determine that 50 cents a day (in cash, or 58 million isk per day for a plex) is too much when they are likely spending WAY more that that for other BS things, well that just makes them silly people.

No one owes anyone access to a video game. Because it’s a video game.

Might be objectively wrong, but financially it is correct.