Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

Fair enough, but that is true of all market transactions where taxes/fees apply, so I understood it as a given.

If you want, you can also avoid those taxes/fees via contract, same as for any other such transaction conducted via contract, or even trade window if you are that crazy :smiley:

And anyways, its not the PLEX itself that sinks isk, its the trade transaction.

1 Like

Well what I mean is that by hoarding it like a savings account people have turned it into a sink, especially if for some reason plex prices dropped, like the housing bubble, all that ISK would theoretically be sunk, easiest way for players to turn prices around, subscribe, by leaving the plex alone the prices like everything in EVE will fall, but if they keep hoarding and other want to plex instead of pay a sub fee, well you get it.

I agree.

The best thing that could happen to EVE, CCP and us as players, is that as much PLEX as possible is sunk, as soon as possible.

TDLR - Personally I blame Alphas, bots and the lady next door

They should get back to school then. Or get a job at local McDonalds restaurant, with 4 hrs shift per week they’ll be able to afford subscription, and hopefully will get some healthy social connections while at it they surely won’t get in Eve :3

Jokes aside, 10$ per month is not that prohibiting cost for a game, if they like it. And for dwellers of failed states like me there is option of Steam subscription which usually is much cheaper then what CCP offers. Nobody owns them anything, it’s demand/supply thingy, they can’t afford it - they don’t get it, end of story. If there weren’t enough people to pay that price, it would go down.

2 Likes

I don’t see any real way they could reasonably lower the price of plex in game.

I see a large increase in plex prices being from the ability to use in place of aur, the split up into 500 (amplifies even minor price hikes), and the excess isk fountains needing to sink into some sort of commodity as a good investment… and plex is a terrific investment to buy… which is also self fullfilling in a way… you buy plex to invest in it so your isk doesn’t devalue… but others do too… this raises price of plex, so you buy more expecting it to go up, and it does… encouraging to buy more… and so on.

Oh, i haven’t mentioned here that the price of PLEX is too low and needs to go up further!

It will, and when it no longer does, ■■■■ hits the fan.

1.65bil now for full PLEX, Im atm off by 100mil for my New Year prediction of 250mil increase per quarter.

1 Like

You are off by 40% and you are boasting? Do you work for Moody’s by chance?!

PLEX

Hmmm…there is a dude selling alot of PLEX for just over 3 million ISK each.

Whoops…hahaha…misread that.

1 Like

I havent boasted at all.
Just made a prediction to test my hypothesis.
Its not New Year yet.
I lose nothing, either way.

I’ll be impressed when you get with in 5%, and it holds for more than 1 year.

BTW, any guesses as to why there has been an increase in PLEX prices? I have one that does not depend on some vauge: PLEX goes up by X% or Y amount every year no matter what.

The change to Alpha accounts. Now Alphas will have an incentive to acquire PLEX for their daily injectors.

1 Like

My bet/hypothesis is 250mil increase per quarter.
So 1.75bil by New Year, and 2bil by end of April.

I may very well be wrong, but wth.

If Im right, I get bragging rights, if I’m wrong, hopefully you will throw me a GF for trying when I admit I lost.

Despite the aggro here on the boards, we are all brothers/sisters in EVE afterall.
There is not one among you I wouldn’t enjoy a drink and talk with. Especially you.

1 Like

I would be first to accept that invitation.

1 Like

Only if there is pizza! :wink:

3 Likes

My guess is because people arent buying PLEX from CCP anywhere near the previous rates, and much of what is being traded ingame, is being stockpiled, rather than sunk.

Paradoxically, the higher the price of PLEX in isk, the less PLEX people need to buy from CCP to get the same isk return ingame. Thats why Ive been pushing the notion that our assumed “The higher the PLEX, the more people buy it” may not be true at all.

I posted an analysis in the “PLEX price” thread for you regarding how and why people buy PLEX from CCP . Unfortunately its sunk further up the thread. Id still be interested in your views on that.

This will, imo, drive demand over supply even higher.
In another thread, we established that it is better to use Daily Injectors to reach 5mil, than it is to go Omega immediately.

It might even help me reach my 1.75bil/PLEX target for New Year :wink:

everything is fine.

as an explorer, I can earn enough to plex for a month , in about 2 or 3 days of wormhole diving and in null. granted, its not easy , nor fun to try when just starting, but I don’t want a game that’s ez-mode .

at the same time , I like that the cost of plex in game is on the expensive side… when feeling space poor , its nice to be able to purchase a plex or two and inject some isk into my account.

obviously ccp does some controls of the market - through boosters, drop rates and specials on plex.

I think they are doing a good job in this regard , and have no issues.

Fortunately, even despite the enormous amount of players running data/relic sites, and which cannot be botted, they remain quite lucrative. Seems the market cant get enough of that stuff.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of combat exploration. Many of the drops have depreciated significantly in market value in the last years, yet its still the same time to complete/risk and the same officer box as a consolation prize.

Feelsbadman when my relic exploration alt earns more with a fraction of the SP of my combat exploration alt, at far less isk invested or risk.

1 Like

In all honesty they should do away with plex all together to pay for game time, subscription prices could be lowered to accommodate players who want extra toons and extra isk with those toons, it’s literally turned into pay to win, or a second job for some, it sucks the spirit out of what should be fun, eve is world wide and I understand that some cannot afford the sub price, but since alphabets can now play for free with fewer restrictions this shouldn’t hold back FTP players, an alpha account is not bad at all.

I keep complaining about PLEX being too cheap. :blush:

Mods … please kill this topic.