Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

So youre say nuplex is too blame?
Cause I said that months ago that it was a bad idea and not to change Plex cause it would break the market and not only do the current prices cement that fact but your graph is smoothly paved finish on top.

2 Likes

No Plex was falling in November and December. It didn’t skyrocket until the first nuplex dev blog.
CCP interfered in the market directly with that update and it’s time for them to rectify the mistake and lower prices back to pre nuplex rates.

The changes on the way blog WS in mid March. Notic e the immediate spike in mid marxh-to April that never turned back.
You can see a clear dump before that which is part of the games natural cycle a bit before that characterizes by the small “heartbeat” esque rise and fall.
Then March hits, CCP announced its going to ruin Plex and suddenly the Plex prices began an unprecedented rise

1 Like

Still waiting on a dev response with a plan on what’s actively being down to lower the prices.

The longer you wait while the markets spiraling out of control only makes you look bad ccp.

1 Like

Yeah CCP He’s still waiting

5 Likes

Wait all you want. CCP won’t respond to any of player controlled market item. They never did in GTC and plex threads since forever.

People have to actually pay real cash for plex and put it on market. Demand is apparently too high compared to limited supply.

1 Like

LIAR. DIRTY LIAR!

Ccp has admitted to putting up PLEX sell order s several times before over the years.

Back before they laid-off their Economist.

Think they used tgem from the millions they have stored in the “reposessed/rmt/banned accounts” balances to make all the taxmen and accountants happy.

But this was back before microtransactions and HilmLIAR with his GREED IS GOOD, $2,000 JEANS, and Fiction-Deptartmebt-written apology letter.
Now they D.G.A.F. i image after the EA hire and new loans/investors/CFOs and the other top C**s came onboard to replace the olders

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too surprised if CCP did indeed put up sell orders for plex to lower its price.

Ask this question yourself: Would you spend your 20 USD to purchase 500 plex and put it on market for 1.5 billion or less?

You wouldn’t most likely. All people complaining about plex price wouldn’t.

I don’t use plex but I wouldn’t, either, at least not for 1.5b.

There are obviously those who spend their real money to buy plex and sell for isk. But I am pretty positive that the number of buyers outnumber sellers by 10 to 1 or something similar.

Look at newbie threads, one of their goals is plexing their account. Everyone and their dogs want plex but sellers, spending real cash, is limited.

It was going up without skill injectors. CCP accelerated that increase speed.

1 Like

Please refer to darths graph.
Plex prices were dropping before CCP broke plex.

…and Hilmar’s “You Have no Balls”, shared by former CCP Zinfandel. One more thing you can include in future. :joy:

1 Like

Now if they’d only cut off some of the Null ISK faucets and get rid of at least a good portion of the bots / multiboxers / hackers / etc. It’d be glorious !

Leave actual, true active players on their mains, occasionally an alt or 2 paid for with real subs. That’s the way to go.

1 Like

The problem with what you suggest is, while an ideal situation, is utterly impossible.

CCP made a huge mistake years ago when they decided to dedicate their resources to solely improving the null sec experience.
They have now driven off so many of the rest of the player base that CCP is in serious trouble.

While the majority of the player base is still non-null sec, many many of those alts you talk about are paying accounts. Alpha’s don’t fly ratting capital ships.

So CCP would take a big big hit in paying accounts if they tried to rebalance the game to some level of fairness. While the loss of null sec paying accounts would be far outweighed by the increase in high sec, low sec, and wh accounts, that would take time, and the financial statements for a year would look bad, real bad. No exec has the stones to deal with that in the face of angry investors.

Further, if CCP alienates null sec, CCP runs the real risk of massive DDOS attacks and hacking designed to bring CCP to their knees.

5 Likes

They?

It may be just me but I’m finding that a little ambiguous.

Do you mean “they CCP” or “they the null sec players”?

Sorry for the ambiguity.
I was originally thinking of CCP, but on further thought, “they” could apply to both of them.

Nothing is being done, its a player set price, CCP won’t enforce a maximum value on PLEX, if the value reaches a point where people are unwilling to pay for it then the price will drop naturally

No it hasn’t.

On a more general note, we watch the price of PLEX and the rate of inflation very closely at all times. It’s very silly to assume that we’re not keeping a close eye on the market.

That said, at this stage there’s no plan to intervene.

New Eden operates as a free market, why would we interfere with that?

13 Likes

You’re going to be waiting a very long time, and why would it make CCP look bad, they don’t set the prices on items that aren’t sold by NPC’s, players set the plex price, so my question is what are YOU as a player doing to lower the plex price? :stuck_out_tongue:

There isn’t an issue that CCP need to fix

2 Likes

CCP isn’t going to do anything, they are not losing money on this.

People selling plex are paying CCP for them.

People buying plex are not directly paying CCP, so even if they stop buying plex, CCP doesn’t lose anything, the seller will be there.

If anything, the higher the better for CCP, they will sell more plex to people too lazy to farm isk themself, and the buyer will just work even more in the game to get those plex for isk.

2 Likes

One more time: if currency A gains value relative to currency B, how it exchanges? Do you need more or less currency A for stuff priced in currency B? :smirk:

First of all CCP should absolutely do nothing about this, eve economy is capitalistic in nature and it should stay that way, u dont like the prices? dont buy the product. Interesting right PLEX is still being bought and sold… thats because its a good product for the ISK.

Secondly prices are primarily impacted by the equivalent of work in eve : the ability to acquire ISK, supply and demand is more of a secondary role in all of this.

The game was not designed to be played by purchasing PLEX and nobody is coercing you to buy it.

1 Like

On a more general note, we watch the price of PLEX and the rate of inflation very closely at all times. It’s very silly to assume that we’re not keeping a close eye on the market.

New Eden operates as a free market, why would we interfere with that?

Well obviously you’re at the very least open to the possibility of interfering with the market or why else would you be keeping a close eye on it? At all times, no less.

2 Likes