CCP should keep the eve wide tax cut - PGL SAYS CHANGE NUKED TEST TTT INCOME - THIS IS GOOD

TTT = the market hub Keepstar in Perimeter. Up to last month, it was the best place to buy/sell high value items, due to low taxes. It’s generally considered un-assailable, due to the number of players in invested Alliances, that would show up to defend it.

1 Like

That’s a good thing

One of the reasons it is considered unassailable is because you would need such a huge force to attack it that TiDi would slow down your DPS enough that it would be nearly impossible to work through the shield/armor/structure timers before it reinforced itself. You can’t bring dreadnaughts.

However, nullsec alliances have managed keepstar evictions in wormholes without dreads - albeit with a relatively puny defending force working against them. I think the timers in highsec are shorter, though.

Keepstars never should have been allowed in Highsec in the first place…

…unless they also allowed a proper counter.

Standard carriers and dreads in highsec. It’s time CCP.

Or nerf TF out of TTT so it can even remotely feasibly be brought down without needing 12,000 BS on grid.

That’s not how TiDi works. If your DPS is slowed down, everything else is also slowed down.

one doesn’t need to attack it directly. Controling the 5 connecting gates is enough to sap it’s income (which would undoubtedly lead to more threads about ganking in hisec) :laughing:

But we have to hand it to ccp that the current tax cut for the next trimester adds a good element of humor to a war that has been stuck in swampy flood planes. Now that the evac (although some may call it “going home”) is in effect, the PCU may pick up again - can’t move your **** out when you don’t log in :rofl:

1 Like

Structure timers are not affected by tidi.

1 Like

Saw a Carrier in Tama just last weekend on the large gate and that is as close to Highsec as one would want I think as if there was a change to allow them into Highsec then the level 4 missions would be nerfed. (wouldn’t want that by any means.)

Makes no sense either because they’re so slow I can gurantee battleships yield more isk. In lvl 5s they matter, but only because battleships typically get crushed in lvl 5s

He means that you won’t be able to make the timer before the window is up eve time.

While I’m sure this would have some effect, it’s probably not as much as you think. These hs citadels are try to corner the trade in plex. Which as you probably know - you don’t have to physically transport.

On top of that, the low risk way to use these citadels is to place your buy orders in the TTT with 1 jump range. >95% of your purchases end up in Jita 4-4 anyway. Small amounts of materials can be safely transported in blockade runners.

Personally I think the hs keepstar is out of place and should be removed by ccp. Replace it with a faction fort and prevent anyone placing another. Forts are fine.

2 Likes

Or pay whopping 1 mil (and it’s quite premium price) to get transported with zero risk plus possible additional income if courier gets ganked.

The TTT exists because people use it. Don’t like it? Don’t use it, but people are too interested in what’s in it for themselves not to use it. It’s cheap. It’s easy. It’s convenient. It funds my enemies but meh. That can be someone else’s problem. Maybe CCP will solve it by fiat so I don’t have to trouble myself with having principles and the inconvenience of upholding them.

I do think having keepstars in highsec is silly, but I don’t think that forbidding them would change things all that much. The TTT is a social construct. It doesn’t matter all that much if it were a Fortizar or an Astrahus. People still wouldn’t want to assault it because it’s just too darn useful to their selfish interests to see it go. As such, I wouldn’t change a thing. Let them have it. The Eve population lets them have it. There’s corporate greed on both sides of this arrangement, very much in keeping with Eve’s underlying themes.

Sure, there are workarounds as usual. But in the long run it becomes a place to avoid because of extra risk. Mind games, you know.

Second, one can think of ways to neutralize physical trading in Perimeter, even without firing a single shot (or as good as), or in Jita, or Amarr, or wherever. The question is if/when the TTT gets on the wrong side of the correct group that can/may take action against it. Nothing is safe, nothing is invulnerable, and destroying is only one way to achieve something. Sometimes it’s unnecessary because there are other, interesting ways. Sometimes destruction is not even enough to eliminate something - ask a few csm members, lol.

Third, I tend to agree with your view on keepstars in hisec, and by extension for most if not all upwell structures in hisec. It was a mistake, at least in the shape it was introduced. One doesn’t need a keepstar/structure to trade, but if one can it does give (too much of?) an advantage. So, yep, there’s a clear dollop of Schadenfreude garnishing this tax cut :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well I know Dreads are slow though I thought a Carrier is like a Orca x10 with Drone DPS and I had done level 4’s using an Orca along with Trig Invasions using Gecko’s

So it’s good to know that Carriers are better suited to level 5’s than level4’s

Except structure repair timers.

1 Like

CCP intended the lower tax rate as a conflict driver as groups battle it out for market dominance. Of course the nullsec blocks quickly monopolized it. If the feature is not serving its intended purpose then it is good to iterate on it.

So firstly I wouldn’t take PGL at face value that the TTT nerf ended the war. A lot of groups wanted out of that war as it’s at a point nobody can make headway with how the game works. The TTT nerf is likely more so a scape goat then the cause of the end.

XL and L citadels should have never been allowed in high security space in the first place. Raits and Athanors are plenty enough to give industrial players the footing they need. The TTT was innevitable CCP was counting on nobody being able to agree enough to do it.

This tax break is temporary the real long term solution is to remove the XL and L citadels anything smaller wouldn’t feel defendable and it’d fail and that would be ok for the health of eve.

2 Likes

TTT is no doubt significant, but may get more attention due to its size and location than it deserves, compared to another market hub worth watching - because it is everywhere: ichooseyou.

I don’t know why everyone is jumping to Jita with their SP farming clones and in local spreading false rumours regarding a certain Keepstar soon to be unanchored.