CCP Who Is The First Ever Made Character In Eve Online?

Lol, Im listed as 2738 - Auron - 24/05/2003

Shame I had to do an international payment, I remember having to wait some time for access.

1 Like

Chribba, do you know if that top 10k is a complete list?

My character, Iokar, is showing 22nd May 2003 in game but Iā€™m not on the list!

2 Likes

Probably was a CCP employee since theyā€™d have to make sure it works first before releasing it, right?

1 Like

Wow was that a walk down memory lane.:heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes

It is as up to date as I have been able to create it. Before a certain date I have only been able to track pilots if they posted on the forums, showed up on killboards and similar. So the early years might have some missed pilots due to this.

Your example was one of them, now that you announced it, it got into the database :wink:

1 Like

Chribba I am also not on your list although my game client and your eveboard service put my DOB at

2003-05-06 20:02:00

which would put me, according to your list, at place 97.

Still skilling but not playingā€¦ Sometimes lurking on the forumsā€¦ Hope to come back to EVE one dayā€¦

Happy gaming to you all.

4 Likes

who cares, probably some kid that was bored and made a profane character that is now called : Caldari Citizen 424294215566

1 Like

Highly unlikely for the first character.

1 Like

10-16-2003 here and I still have cans and cans of bookmarks laboriously made to warp to zero on hundreds of gates in null sec to prove it, on dial-up. I remember the first battleship in EVE, we all travelled to Ammold to see the tempest undock, it was amazing. I can still remember when the venerable Dominix was still an amazing drone boatā€¦and I sadly remember the day I launched my drones and got a message that I lacked bandwidth, I screamed at the screen that I had the fastest cable money could buy, that wasnā€™t what it meantā€¦

8 Likes

https://www.eveonline.com/article/first-10/ from the eve Dev Blogs.

Cheers.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Well, obviously it had to be somebody named Adamā€¦

3 Likes

I was created on 9th of May 2003.
3 days after game release.

Iā€™m so old that CCP forgot my corp history prior to 2006.

3 Likes

I joined in February 2005 and at the time feared I was late to the party and could never catch up.

1 Like

Was it TestCharacter1, by chance?

ā€“Curious Gadget

Weird, Iā€™d thought is was ā€œEveā€.

Second char was xEvex

It was Bob the Great

CCP can cheat though, there are some RP Characters that CCP use for stuff, that have been members of their corps for ~35 years.

1 Like

Heh. I posted in that thread, on the first page.

Really doesnā€™t matter.

The first ā€˜eve-birthā€™ of significance happened when Cindy the Sewer was born, all others are just filler for my entertainment.