CCP You failed again

what should have been the epic fight of EVE was a colossal yawn with trillions in unnecessary losses no matter who or what was at fault. Unlikely there will be another opportunity like that one. Too many were saying why even bother in comms. sad. it could have been glorius. glad i went, fought, killed, and died on the field of battle.

1 Like

It was all a big middle finger to all the spectators expecting to see something glorious.

1 Like

I don’t mind goons using the system for their benefits, that’s eve.

But I do mind the simple fact, that all I could do today was watching login screens, warp tunnels, countless “Your client has waited 5 minutes for a remote call to complete.” messages + other error messages.

This was a shitshow, nothing else. No matter what side you are on.

8 Likes

It’s not anyone’s fault. There are just physical limits to how fast hardware can operate, and no matter how much CCP decouple parts of it the game their own servers, we’ll always be able to find that limit. Looks like we just have.

The only approach guaranteed not to degrade performance would be to go to the old Jita days of a maximum limit on people in system (was 2500 for Jita in the old server setup).

Then it’s just a race to who gets there first and in that case, the owners will have an advantage.

At least it’s possible to contest a timer in most cases, even if we push the limits of the game performance.

3 Likes

Honestly maybe we should just change keepstars to a 5v5 proving ground battle. That’s how they used to do it in Albion Online before the crappy cluster queue.

1 Like

I think a good first step would be to apply Tidi to the timer also.

If the node that the battle is on slows down due to Tidi, any timers shouldn’t still go at normal time.

7 Likes

People should be allowed to contest structures and sov. Basically, the largest groups are free from attack due to technology limitations (putting enough people into one system). I hope a serious conversation goes on about game mechanics. If the CCP technology cannot handle it, then it shouldnt be allowed to happen or some other mechanic to serve as counterplay.

By the way, this is what my paid subscription got me (glad I wasnt in a titan): https://prnt.sc/wf12c7

4 Likes

I don’t think that can truly be said about Delve at the moment. Goons are far from free from attack and there have been some really good fights so far in the war.

But sure, CCP could change mechanics. No matter what they change it to though, someone will miss out and be disappointed. What do they do then, since there’s no perfect approach?

1 Like

Ah yeah, I forgot that that brain-damaged system has existed literally since citadels were out. I wouldn’t apply it to the reinforcement timer to prevent shenanigans, but just the repair timer would be great since chances are your fleet is already there and shooting.

2 Likes

At this point there are so many titan ■■■■■■ thx to CCP the the war is over unless CCP grows a pair, admits to the fuckup and gets people their ■■■■ back.

2 Likes

Today/tonight, a real fight could not occur. You put enough people in local, servers cannot handle it. These mechanics equal an unkillable structure. No way to spin it.

6 Likes

Just delete Titans from the game all together. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I kinda have to agree. I remember a large fight in Albion that I got kicked out of the zone because of their “smart” cluster queue and died to enemies waiting to get back in. My immediate reaction was “■■■■ this” and I don’t recall playing since. If the server infrastructure is just going to crap itself every time we try to kill a contested goon keep then what’s the point of this or any way?

2 Likes

Fine but do it for all people not let this clusterfuck go on and act like it is our fault that we play the game.

1 Like

Who’s doing that?

1 Like

For such a game, for such a pastime, for the spent nerves, not we should pay for the game, but the ĐĄĐĄP.

1 Like

It’s not anyone’s fault. There are just physical limits to how fast hardware can operate, and no matter how much CCP decouple parts of it the game their own servers, we’ll always be able to find that limit. Looks like we just have.
Your words.
If there’s a limit then make sure it can’t be exploited to anybody’s advantage cause this sounds like kid talk that doesn’t want to take responsivity for actions / behavior and dump the blame on others.
Even sounds stupid like you don’t know what you are doing but make people pay for it.

3 Likes

I second this, if the system can not handle 5000+ people, ok. Than change the gameplay so that it is not needed to have 5000+ ppl in a system.

Like, having random spawning “keepstar nodes” in neighbouring systems that you can contest equipping a “keepstar nodes contesting devices”… ok sound boring like ■■■■, but at least CCP could reuse some code… :laughing:

No but seriously, if I get a fuckton of error messages and can not log in my characters four hours, it is not my fault, but the service provider fault. Simple as that

7 Likes

That fight could became our best ingame memories. Unfortunately it did not. Thanks CCP.

6 Likes

I love this quote
" 5. Any losses of any kind resulting from a large-scale player engagement are not covered by this reimbursement policy."

EVE Online Reimbursement Policy

2 Likes