CCPlease ban MTUs and Mobile Depots in JITA - they kill FPS

It’s not like CCP hasn’t done space cleanup in the past when it was cans being used to print “■■■■ you goons” (or whatever) across the starscape.

The least they can do is look into it if they haven’t already and ban them as sign boards or put a timer on them or something. If it came down to me visiting Jita (for my once a year trip) or removing space garbage, well…buh bye MTUs.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Minor correction. The Mobile Depot reinforcement timer is 48 hours. Gods know I have killed enough of the damned things.

Honestly, and independent of anything else in this topic, the reinforcement timer on them is insane and should be scrapped, at least for the basic version.

Are you sure ? I shot one for the first time ever the other day, and it definitely said 24-hour reinforcement. Mind you - this was in a wormhole, would that make a difference ?

Rorqual the size of a capital can go invul for 15 minutes.

Mobile depot the size less than a frigate goes invul for 2 days.

That alone should make the distaste for them palpable.

Not to mention all the exploit mechanics associated with people dropping mobile depots next to where they expect to get ganked so they can drop all their expensive modules into before they die. Because hey they got 2 days to get back to it.

1 Like

So getting rid of an annoyance is BAD because???

Don’t go to Jita. Simple. Just like the OP.

1 Like

When was the last time there were 3k people in Jita? It barely reaches 2k, and it’s laggier than it ever was when this game actually had players.
What exactly did they do in the 4 years I’ve been gone? Nothing? I have a new high end system with 1080ti, and even it lags badly in Jita. Kind of looks like CCP’s inability to address gameplay hasn’t helped populations. Looks like they were forced to go FTP just to keep numbers up…

My PC is utter trash but EVE is perfectly playable (given some patience) right up until I enter Perimeter. The spam in Jita is absurd, and as much as avoiding it is a solution, it’s sad that I’m essentially locked out of the main trade hub

1 Like

CCP has customer support?

Giving people an item so they can strip their ships before they die is lazy programming.

Yeah but it’s mostly what has always been the way with so many of the bizarre mechanics we have now.

When the “elite” PVPers get triggered and cry and hold their breath until CCP gives them their little safety nets, this is the kind of stuff we end up with. They don’t work around the mechanics. They threaten to quit and stuff the CSM until they get to change the mechanic to work around them.

At least that’s about to change with the change to a big impersonal corporation now calling the shots.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I understand the invul timer and everything. But 2 days?

Its like its a station.

Something closer to 30 minutes would at least give someone time to get the belongings and give the owner enough time to respond.

1 Like

…lets see how the 64bit client coming this winter will handle this :thinking:

1 Like

TBH Jita needs a purge in terms of traffic.

i wish there was a way to spread out the market around all the other trade hubs, not only to release some pressure from Jita but also because some of the others are lacking in supplies both for selling and buying.

I don’t think a few 100 or even 10000s of MTUs should make any GPU released after 2007 break a sweat.

More likely it’s some issue causing “huge” data transfers every time you change system, and especially in Jita. My machine runs EVE at full FPS at max details all the time, but once when I left my safe spot folder open, I had 5 second freezes after every jump. Check your overview settings, put your bookmarks in folders and keep them closed, whatever it is, try to find the problem an fix it.

Having said that, I was playing EVE on a Surface back when citadels were released and CCP introduced all those shining and blinking particle lights everywhere, which for some reason killed performance on my crappy GPU. If this is still the case, and if there is no way to turn off particles, then your rage is justified, because these lights add zero useful visual information. It should be possible to turn them off.

The depot spam definitely causes noticeable slowdown even when I am only running one client, and this is on a dedicated gaming rig (not a top end one nowadays, but one that can run VR).

New requirements:

Recommended System Configuration:

• CPU: Intel i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.6 GHz or greater
  • RAM: 16 GB or higher
  • Video: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060, AMD Radeon RX 580 or better with at least 4 GB VRAM

I have a system slightly worse than that is i5 4500 series Kaby Lake, 16gb ddr4 and GTX 1050 Ti SC

I don’t see massive FPS drops, but neither the FPS go more than 60fps (this could be from 32bit client? ) like in other games where i can see 74-75 in normal graphics area with not much load.

For me in Jita (although i haven’t been there for some time now) image froze a little bit while undocking until the system rendered all the dozens ships around the docking area. Never had a problem with deployables in space. And i play at 1080p resolution with everything maxed out except anti aliasing.

And on this PC i multibox with 2 chars, i have mumble open, discord and a number of other things opened in systray, 6-7 chrome tabs open, etc.

How dare you challenge CCP’s immanent domain!!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.