CCPlease do something about the 1mil sp spammers

Absolutely sick of recruitment link spamming, in a period of a day, I added more than 30 to the block list, in the end I closed the channels. Its got stupid, every so often, you receive mails where someone has dragged local into a mail and sent it, the contents of the mail? recruitment 1mil SP links. Come on CCP its got bloody stupid.

4 Likes

I never understood why i can get 1 Mil free SP on a character i already created. And that is probably the only reason they are spamming the link in game. Because people who already have characters and already play the game can benefit from “recruit a friend” on the characters they are already playing. But im sure there is a good reason for this?

Lets think about it for a second. They are spamming referral links to “recruit a friend” IN GAME, to people WHO ARE ALREADY PLAYING

Which makes no sense?

1 Like

Because those who dont realize you can use your own referral link when you create a new acct, will create a new account using someone elses referral.

It’s for several reasons:

• to lower GM pressure from people who create tickets to have it applied afterwards

• to avoid FOMO where people who just started feel they lost out and the only way to solve this is to create a new account and new character, that’s not only annoying (especially if they want to keep using the name due to 10hrs char deletion) but any progress will be lost. All that means is that a large portion of new players who learned about referral AFTER they created the account will go “fck this crap” and stop playing

4 Likes

it’s just about spam in rookie corp chat. The spammer can still anchor named containers on rookie system undock to advertise their recruitment links.

that’s what everyone does in jita local. Newbie corp chat should not be like Jita local.

1 Like

You can remove containers from overview. Having said that I’d be all for disallowing anchored cans in rookie systems.

That’s the point, you can always do some active filtering to reduce the spam affecting yourself, but it won’t help the newbie jumping into the career agent system after the tutorial. My point was that cans on undock are much less annoying than spam in corp chat.

1 Like

That’s… not what I got from that. But ok.

in Jita local, SP link spam is expected. In rookie corp channel, it should be included in the “rookie griefing” bannable offense - not because getting the 1 mill SP unprepared would cause grief, but because the channel being filled with spam does.

1 Like

because like one year ago, there was the habit of spamming like this:
“new player? Abondon the pilot you just created, make a better one using this recruitment link and start over with 1 mil SP!”
Sure, retroactive recruitment made it worse. CCP is bad at understanding incentives.

1 Like

CCP will not do anything about it. It is their promo to get a flow of new players and older players to return to this game. How the players go about spamming this doesn’t even concern the company. So asking here in the forums is just affirmation to CCP the promo is working.

Yesterday in help chat there was a spammer who did it many times and took a while before a moderator stopped them. The moderators are only players like us, they are not on the payroll to the best of my knowledge. However the lengthy time it took for action or even a warning was quite long. Does make me question, if the moderators are told to go lax on them, or was the moderator just on a smoke break?

Here’s a weird concept: they play the game, thus aren’t on their ISD account and probably are kinda busy.

Who knew.

How do ppl still have hope for this game?

I mean why not ? I mean it´s nothing wrong with the game. The problem is management. I mean I still play Runescape even if Jagex manage to piss every one off with adding season pass to the game. But I won´t let crap like that take away my enjoyment. Sure im no fan of season passes but I just ignore it.

As long as CCP don´t take away my enjoyment in the game by locking everything behind pay walls like oh no you must buy season pass to pvp, im all good.

I do wish companies made less greedy decisions but if they want to bankrupt them self by pissing off all their consumers that´s all up to them self.

4 Likes

God bless Sunday mornings:

This is less than a minute in STI chat.

Meanwhile over in SWA chat:

And then there’s CAS:

Three examples is enough.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Maybe any post containing:
https://www.eveonline.com/signup?invc=
Should be charged with an amount of ISK equivalent to sum of CSPA fee set by every one in that particular local channel the spam is going on? :stuck_out_tongue: So for Jita it could fetch billions of ISK in CSPA fees for CONCORD :rofl:

…with that nag screen every time upon hitting Send :wink:

There is parsing of text entered into it already (different colorings for instance depending on what is entered) and adding url parsing (including check for urlencoded strings trying to fool the parser) should be relatively easy imho…

2 Likes

Maybe the incentives should be fixed. It makes no sense to have a recruitment program that is targeting people who are already playing?

1 Like

This spam is targeting current players, tricking them to get 1mil free SP, and that this is just a login screen while in fact they create new account with no option to transfer those 1mil SP…

1 Like

This is an obvious solution.