CCPlz update the update site!

@CCP_Falcon, @CCP_Fozzie, @CCP_Lebowski As I don’t know whom is in charge of it. Can someone please take a few minutes and update the update site with the updated information you all have put out. It would be nice to have the updates updated to the update site in a updated and timely manner, so we can use the updates.eveonline.com site as it was built for - looking at updates.

Would be nice to have links to the dev blogs that have been released on moon mining etc. Link on the Mach skin in the Winter update - saying you can get it now with 3 month sub, etc.

7 Likes

Maybe they need to update the updater for the update site?

I’ll just seem myself out… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

There’s an updated planned for next week that will add more stuff for winter, plus a few other things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know “winter is coming” everyone knows winter is coming! But what about the stuff thats coming in August? or in September? or October? None of that is listed there (unless I’m getting that weird updates.eveonline.com bug again). We have “summer” - Oct - winter.

Winter doesn’t start tell Dec 21 or 22… We still have to spend time in Autumn mates!

1 Like

Winter starts in late October for us over here, haha

In all seriousness though, there’ll be a pass on EVE Updates next week that’ll fill out some of the stuff for the rest of the year.

Once we get Vegas out of the way, we’ll be looking at adding some stuff for 2018 too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you for replying… Poor Iceland only has two season. Cold Dark Winter, and There is Light, but still chilly winter.

2 Likes

Glad to see this response.

Ok mate, was directed here after my post on Reddit today about this very thing - you wrote that 5 days ago and the updates page is still a pointless mess - its an archive of past updates and a calendar for meet-ups, that’s all. As a promotional tool it looks a tad pathetic. Do you get any analytics on it? How many people click the right arrow for the next months stuff, then immediately close your page when the get the Eve Vegas crap?

Is it not possible to give it to an intern as a full time role? Anticipation is such a good marketing tool, and the updates page served that well - I checked it all the time, hopeful and excited - but whenever I get there now its just a messy afterthought, almost forgotten, this months changes posted just before deadline.

Regarding the updates, TBH I am not that fussed, I read the blogs and follow the game (like most older [omega] players) - I am expressing this more in the direction of new players and potential leads/opportunities…when one of your outward facing sales pages is so off-step, no amount of wargaming.net-esque PLEX crates will help.

And sorry, personal gripe here, on which planet is it good business to say that bread and butter stuff stops for piss ups with clients?

/rant

I have to agree with your points made and I too think if there’s going to be any updates at all, it should be within a reasonable time frame, not six months later. I feel that since the marketing of Eveonline in it’s entirity needs to have a good look by a real marketing department, NOT someone who knows very little if anything at all about marketing.

Like the “Eve is Real” video, or even the last videos about becoming a capsuleer, what happened to the epicnes of thos videos?

So it is now Wednesday- tic toc tic toc.

If CCP needs a gopher for keeping the site updated. I need a new lower stress job, I learn decently well, I don’t cost a lot to maintain. I am also good at running errands, like getting sandwiches and pizza and beverages.

I love Thor’s Day…

@CCP_Falcon its Friday! buzz buzz! We await the update!

:kissing_closed_eyes:

August will be out in an hour or two with patchnotes for next week’s release.

Over the course of the next couple of weeks we’ll be looking at populating for September, and the rest of the releases this year.

Further winter expansion details also coming soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

YAY!!! All good things come to those who wait. . .

Looking dapper! thanks for the reply

And it seem I have my patch cycle off. I was thinking we still had a week or so. not next week before the patch… Summer vacation messes things up :stuck_out_tongue:

Waiting soooooo long for some more tidbits of the winter release its all been so hush hush :stuck_out_tongue:

@CCP_Falcon

So I went back to the update site today! and there is even less stuff on there! You guys getting ready to release some new info?

:drooling_face:

We literally just did like half an hour ago.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like