Ceema for CSM21: Lets Build Bridges not Bitterness

Good afternoon,

My name is Ceema, and I’m running as an independent, non special interest group candidate for CSM21. I’m the host of the EVE TwitchPodCast "This EVE Life" with the goal of talking over 100 players across all swaths of EVE Online, Frontier, and Vanguard.

When I started This EVE Life, I set myself a goal: talk to 100 pilots by the end of 2027, from every corner of EVE Online, EVE Vanguard, and EVE Frontier. I’m 42 players into that goal: new players finding their feet, streamers, guide writers who taught half of us how to fly, third-party devs, Frontier pioneers, Nullsec alliance leaders, Alliance Tournament legends.

My goal is to ask the hard questions on the tough topics. I won’t just be asking my own echo chamber, I will go into hostile territory and extend a hand, and a microphone.

That’s why I’m running for CSM 21. Not to represent a power bloc to represent you.

I started playing in 2007, after getting chased out of my World of Warcraft guild for trying to mediate a marital dispute on Teamspeak.

I came up through Highsec, moved to Nullsec, and worked my way from line member to recruitment manager to HR Director, always trying to get pilots more content. Along the way, through propaganda, memes, and shitposts on Reddit, I’ve crossed paths with nearly everyone in this game, on every side of it.

I will not be a CSM Candidate who has any preconceived perceptions or goals beyond the following.

Honest Feedback

Every member of the CSM should be reaching out to all members of our community, not just their play style or power bloc. If elected, I will start doing 3 hours a week of “Office Hours” on my stream where you can sign up to come chat with me about your questions, concerns and complaints regardless of what Corp, Alliance, or Region of the map you exist on.

I’ll represent you all. It’s time the CSM got back to its roots, versus the hyper politicized nonsense its become.

Better Communication

Beyond a few posts here and there, I saw little communication and discourse beyond the traditional infighting between CSM’s on /r/eve or often, none at all to the players.

I will be your bridge between Fenris and Players. If elected, I’ll encourage my peers on the council to do likewise. This way we’re not “a one bridge having city” as is Philadelphia, according to Bill Bur. I will do my best to communicate stuff on stream, on reddit, on forum post here, as allowed by the NDA and if I can’t, then I will say so. I won’t be some unreachable ivory tower gargoyle.

Bridge Building Consensus

As a non bloc/region/playstyle candidate, I will seek to work with all parties to build a equitable consensus approach to game changes when proposed. As one of my favorite people in EVE explained, a lot of actions often are driven by bitterness and I agree.

I’m going to see if I can’t step in between groups of people and find a common ground where all of us can build a solution to game problems, without defaulting to insults and trolling on the EVE Discord.

The CSM should be there to help get Fenris Creations the data they need to engineer to solutions that make the game better overall and over time, vs the game better for just a few groups and stagnant.

This will require us to look at things from a greater perspective and not just Nullsec, Lowsec etc. Sure, lets all yap at each other endlessly but the current state of “indifferent rage” is not healthy.

You can find these talking points and more at my website Ceema for CSM including links to my show Discord, Twitch/Youtube channel to see the shows and even book an hour to chat with me live if you so wish.

Thanks for reading and have a great rest of your weekend!

6 Likes

I love your idea of ‘Office Hours’. Welcome to the race.

m

Thanks sir! Best of luck on your run this year!

On your website I see, “08 CrashNaps for UN Diplomat”. But didn’t you and goons betray and sabotage Hype Train’s foray into SoV Null? What is the story behind that?

That’s a great question and I’ll answer what parts I can.

Firstly, I am a person with no actual influence on those events or within Goons proper. I’m actually more of a pain in their ass at points.

I’m not running on a “Goon Platform” nor will I bend the knee to get on their ballot, nor any nullsec, lowsec, highsec, wormhole ballot

I do realize this hurts my chances, don’t care. I prefer to trade conversations for data, not horses in an election.

As for the Hype Train v Delve and Goons.

I only got involved after the now infamous reddit post where folks in Hype Train began attacking Hprviper1 as he’s a person I’ve known for a very long while. We don’t see eye to eye on in game politics but that’s okay you should have people of all spectrums in your life.

That led to the very wild night where I let Crashnaps yell at me for over 45 minutes and call me all sorts of names as I wanted to understand his point of view, and he wanted to take his anger at the situation out on somebody so I let he and his stream chat yell at me, we all got it out of our system and fast forward to today I view him as a mentor of mine re: streaming and as a valuable member of our community and one of several streamer diplomats to the internet at large.

So I personally was’t out to ruin Hype Trains fun but if you want to ressurect that incident I would ask questions of whomever the exec of Hype Train was, their hidden benefactor that made the deal w/ goons and then reconsile that with all the shitposting of facts that went down.

My only involvememt was a silly, but eventually fruitful discourse with Crashnaps.

Hence my full endorsement of him as New Edens Diplomat to the UN.

Thanks for your time!

1 Like

Although I have only recently started talking to Ceema one on one, I have been a fan of his satire writing for quite some time. I am impressed by all the work he has put into streaming, his CSM website and interviews, and would love to have him represent me on the CSM.

1 Like

Thank you kind sir!

Ceema, If they don’t put you on our ballot, I am replacing hyprviper1 with your name. Thanks for building bridges and bringing cold water for our yapping.

A very overlooked qualities in any prospective CSM is the ability to both have humor towards yourself and others while also being able to be serious and candid when needed

Ceema has always been able to personify these and I hope he gets in

1 Like

you typoed.
“Ceema for CSM21: Lets Build Bridges not Bitterness and MEMEs”

Good afternoon,

I will refer you to my self published book, “Player Engagement 101” which are tried and true methods to engage your fellow players in meaningful but often hilarious discussions.

1 Like

Hello @Ceema, what about this?

  • The connection between EVE Online and EVE Vanguard

Do you have any expectations what that could be, how it could work? I am aware there is nothing tangible yet, but it’s rather inevitable if I red FC correctly.