Change the commercial? Billboards?

So…when can we expect to look at a different pair of glasses or something on every single billboard in space in every empire? Maybe corp ads again? Something? News tickers or something maybe?

5 Likes

I must admit, I prefer the way they were back at the start of the game. When the lore was alive and the billboards had New Eden related news running on them, you could sit and read different stories regularly…

It was quite immersing.

So I agree. It’d be great if the game was healthy enough to bring those stories back and the billboards changing regularly.

11 Likes

for sure, i remember those days lol…I mean, its not a lore and RP immersion thing really but it’d be neat if it was a little more event driven…even if it was just omg the trigonomicons are invading over here and oh hey faction warfare people…this “border system of the empire” needs your attention or hey, this system is particularly deadly (I mean, we can get all that info from the agency and the map and so on). Just something a little more than 3 months of clear vision…

1 Like

:red_circle:

… and when you could access the EVE Online world news website from the billboard icon. Funnily enough, the button to open that page is still present in the radial menu, but it’s not usable.

2 Likes

oh man…give it back! lol…“what do you miss about eve that is now gone” or whatever that thread is…

1 Like

I’d even look at pictures of skins I’m not going to buy mixed in with the glasses I’m not going to buy sometimes…you know…just a grainy picture of a ship? Like a new car sales ad or something?

2 Likes

:red_circle: I would not aim so low. CCP never tires of reassuring us that they thrive for excellency and best gameplay experience for the users. We should hold them accountable to those claims and demand excellent content for these billboards.

3 Likes

Yeah but if we fix the billboards the dots might stop working…sorry, I’ve got to troll…I’m just having a moment…I really am fed up looking at that dude’s face…I mean, scroll market data or something every now and then…the market window already has a ticker…if the bad man in the glasses doesn’t go away within three months I’m legitimately flying out to iceland and making them watch shamwow commercials for a month or something…do other mmo’s have in game commercials? Or…rather…AN ingame COMMERCIAL?

1 Like

you know…i was thinking about it…I bet some dusty floppy disk still has all those old game news stories on it and we could just recycle all that old content back into the game for the new alpha bros when they’re not seeking “content” lol…

1 Like

DO YOU HAVE CLEAR VISION ?

HE DOES !

3 Likes

5 Likes

Sadly…this is an old pic…

10 Likes

cv

6 Likes

Does anyone know why they stopped showing player created ads?

2 Likes

Before Falcon left he said CCP was working on a new system to display content on the billboards. I assume other “bigger” projects needed to be completed in the meantime. So, supposedly new stuff for the billboards is coming “soon”.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Billboards used to announce the names of wanted criminals with bounties on their heads.

4 Likes

shrug something different would be nice…dont mention useless bounties though…we’d have to fix the mechanic…but…we could make it more interesting to look at…maybe compel some content of some kind with it…either pve/pvp/scab and crab…who cares…I think its a cool feature we could fix up and make better again compared to old days even if we’re just replaying old npc news content about why certain areas of eden are supposed to be cool far as the story of the game…something different in comparison to what it is now…

1 Like

I mean…we could have some fun bladerunner matrix space moments with the ads just chilling in station or something in comparison to looking at this guy’s glasses for three months…

2 Likes

That and I liked the sov updates in the CQ.

3 Likes