Change to war dec mechanics

Not an empty post

It’s a very simple option. Any changes to war would need to start with it not being just a flat isk dump. It doesn’t need to be a citadel but it needs something that consumes fuel.

We need a forum filter to where anything to do with bumping, war decs, cloaking, and Alphas flying barges in the title or body are automatically ignored…

On the right hand side you can choose to mute the discussion.

Feel free to do so.

hmmm,

A war dec that does not end till a citadel is destroyed…(not EC or refinery, but Citadel)
Cant wardec a target that doesnt have a Citadel(i see some problems)

So, EC’s and Refineries, and POCO’s…
something was not fully thought out here.

this is just a flat out lie

everyone starts at the same point. every single fight you have from that point on started there it did not start when you landed on grid and started getting shot

Citadel has been short hand for every upwell structure since citadels were added. pocos was a good point

1 Like

No, it’s always been that way. It just is balanced risk and rewards. War was never balanced risk because there was nothing that could make it such.

what the hell are you talking about? no one is more advantaged than anyone else. some people just make choices that lead them to be in a worse situation than others. in no way is that unfair

The risk has always been unfair. Everything else is a choice. Only isk. Nothing more. Attackers (or the ones who declared the war) have always had full rights to decide if/when/how to engage the defenders and have never been under any obligation to do anything at all. The problem? ISK isn’t risk anymore. It was way back in my original days but today it’s chump change. Pennies for the swimming pool of kool-aid. Even less really.

but you see you’re confused that is the risk that comes with living in HS and relying on NPCs to protect you these HS wars are one of the main driving forces that push players out into LS and even more so NS/WH groups. the relative safety and limited mechanics are a great draw that brings people to HS. its an amazing system where each area of space has a great mix of pros vs cons.

even if we remove that everyone in eve can be an attacker noting is forcing you to be a defender.

besides HS wars have gone to crap ever since the removal of the watch list. now you are only at risk if you go to trade hubs/pipes on an in corp toon. otherwise you hardly ever see a war target. unless you were greedy/dumb enough to put up a structure in your main corp w/o the people to defend it.

No, -1.

If you want to fight over territory go to NS or WH, or join factions.

Duplicate feature.

/thread
/topic

Read that statement twice. Just that statement. Now tell me that ganking doesn’t force someone to be a defender.

you have to put yourself into a position to let someone put you on the defensive.

#1, I’m with you on that.
#2, Same as 1.
#3, They do that anyways… But now it will be officially defined.
#4, No, Knowing what your enemy’s plan is is winning half the battle.
They should have a defined objective for the Wardeck yes and a penalty if they fail to achieve it.
But defenders should have to figure out what that objective it for themselves in order to defeat there enemy.
After all… They are paying (((bribing))) Concord to get away with murder.
Essentially if they are not fighting over a legit claim for a set goal.
They are (((should be))) risking something buy bribing security officials.

That’s a bit risk averse. Too easy for either side to use out of corp assets and play with ownership changes to avoid conflict.

I’m not averse to this idea (look i’m in a wardec corp and everything @MinerArt) but there have been previous iterations of this already. I think it’s going to have to be a bit more complex than just basing wars on citadels.

-plop structures in holding corp
-blam safe as f indy corp

no ty lmao

Make wardecked corps assets come with a black mark. eg: any structures traded/transferred/sold to another corp will bring with it the wardeck to that corp.

Problem solved.

still doesn’t solve sturcture holding corps

tying wars to structures is a no-no

[quote=“Dom_Arkaral, post:38, topic:67463”]
still doesn’t solve sturcture holding corps
[/quote] ?

What is there to solve?

Why is it a no no?

it puts a big safety tag over about 90% of the highsec population

if you have a corp you should be able to be decced like it currently is.
if you don’t want to get decced you can either pay for protection or drop to npc corp :slight_smile: