Changes to wh-mass?

They never intended us to live in WHs, we just happen to adapt to the enviroment and lived there anyway.

1 Like

I donā€™t think thatā€™s right. They made it livable with placing structures/POSs and ore/moons. There are holes that you canā€™t put these and no one lives there. They are used by the neighbors at the time when they are connected to someone that does live in the holes.

When CCP first made WHs they never expected players to live in them, then they introduced shattered WHs later down the road so that players couldnt. Its not that they want us to stop living in WHs, its just they never anticipated us to do so.

1 Like

Damn your a salty boy.

You post alot for somebody who doesnt give a ā– ā– ā– ā– . You also use the word ā– ā– ā– ā–  alot.

Because i really dont wanna trigger you anymore, fly safe and relax a bit.
o/

Yes we can, you just cannot roll a hole easily solo anymore (a c5-c5 now roughly needs a carrier + 2 higgs BS, so 3 accounts if you want to do it quickly.)

learn to quote.

I did not write nor mean what you claim I did.

I agree on what you say. As far as i can estimate it, the most nerfed are c1 wormholes. I need 50 jumps now to close the static and 25 jumps with a usual medium-size Z647.

And yes, nobody is forced to build in t2 rigs. But you do when you think it pays out. You can calculate some known risks, like being evicted by Hole Control or sth like that. What you canĀ“t anticipate is such big changes coming over you instantly and not even announced in any patchnote.

As a result we now decided to unanchor all our structures, kill the t2 rigs inside, reprocess all ships inside (quite a lot of self-built capitals) and jump the minerals out. Our wormhole-experience just ended, which is sad.

I donĀ“t want to be understood as whining or sth. I am just constantly annoyed about the lack of communication-skills of CCP. Maybe it is a result of living on a lonely island with only rare contact to the world - who knows. And this is no new problem. The history of Eve is full of communication-desasters of CCP - and their unability or unwillingness to learn.

Quit rolling holes. It is rude.

the bug that allowed overweight ships to jump has been fixed . the math is now correct ; iā€™d hardly call that a nerf . ccp rarely talks about a bug before itā€™s fixed , as it could encourage players to abuse it . usually you just get a footnote in the patch notes ie :
New Eden has been made a better place for everyone. (20/02/2020)
if your playstyle depended on that bug , you should have been prepared . ccp owes exploiters neither notice nor explanation ā€¦ your C1 was not intended to be

that said , what would you have done differently if you had known in advance ?

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œKubo_Otsada, post:28, topic:221528ā€]
I am just constantly annoyed about the lack of communication-skills of CCP. Maybe it is a result of living on a lonely island with only rare contact to the world - who knows. And this is no new problem. The history of Eve is full of communication-desasters of CCP - and their unability or unwillingness to learn.
[/quote]

True

Guess which company just stomped the character transfer for PLEX option, and didnt tell anybody?

No doubt Anoikis had not been designed to let players live permanently.
CCP had stated in the patch note for the hyperion ( August, 2014 ) as such,

The original vision for this new space was that it would be a place for players to send temporary expeditions in search of riches and adventure. It was believed that the extremely lucrative rewards of this uncharted space would draw players to search for their fortune, but that the difficulties caused by randomly changing wormhole connections would prevent players from settling down permanently in this hellish environment.

Meanwhile they said as such, too;

Over the years I have seen some players drawn some unfortunate and incorrect conclusions from this story. The belief that CCP is angry about this unintended behavior or that we are trying to somehow eject players from wormhole space to bring it more in line with the original pre-release vision. This belief couldnā€™t be further from the truth and betrays a regrettable misunderstanding about how CCP approaches ā€˜unintendedā€™ player behavior in EVE.

In this patch note CCP has referred to their belief they respect players adaptations and will not bend players experience unless unless itā€™s an exploit.

We are not interested in trying to squash unexpected player behavior (unless itā€™s an exploit that breaks the game experience for everyone else of course).

This acceptance of player agency is right at the core of EVEā€™s success over the last 11+ years.

I couldnā€™t find it again but remember CCP ( guess it was CCP fozzie ) had stated in the old forum that Rolling over massed wormholes based on the difference of its mass reflectionā€™s timing was unexpected actions by players but is still within a design and will not be regarded as an exploit.
He had said they donā€™t assure this design could be permanent; can be changed anytime as well.

Conclusion : Theoretically CCP could have changed mass reflections timings whenever they want. However, as they said itā€™s not an exploit, they should have told WH CSM in advance, or at least should have noted in the patch notes. Changes has heavily spoiled wormhole contents and, well yeah people will ā€œadaptā€. But We know now CCP doesnā€™t make their promise "We are not interested in trying to squash unexpected player behavior ".

No need for that when itā€™s considered a bug.
See this from 2 years ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/67uu4j/comment/dgtud5v

They told everyone like 3 years ago no more PLEX transfers. As was mentioned elsewhere, They kept doing them on their own accord if asked. But they never had to keep doing them. As was quoted elsewhere, they potentially may or may not bring them backā€¦ no promises.

Its less about the change, but the communication of this change?
CCP can delete every titan in the game, if they want. They can remove any form of character transfer. But thats not a reason to not tell us, that they changed it. Not because they have to, but because they should be transparent.

Was evicted few days AGO ! THX CCP ā€¦ lived in WH space for long timeā€¦ I will quit the gameā€¦ sad ā€¦ Maybe introduce cars or tanks into space ā€¦ IDIO T S

they are not obligated to tell you!!! and they did communicate the change. 3 YEARS AGO.!!!
4 years ago, you didnā€™t have to petition a GM to transfer with plex, it was an option. 3 years ago, you didnā€™t have the option to transfer with plex, so you had to lovingly hope a GM would take time out of his busy schedule to do it.
Theyā€™ve decided they didnā€™t want to waste time with something they never had to keep doing after it was ANNOUNCED 3 YEARS AGO, that it was ending.

that comes with living in WHā€™s which you are not obligated to have your own chunk of space in WH. i see and hear about evictions all the timeā€¦ doesnā€™t mean anybody comes on here and whines and cries about itā€¦ oh wait they doā€¦ get over itā€¦ WH is a harsh environment.

But you do acknowledge, that there was a policy change. So is there any reason not to communicate such a change, atleast together with the change?
Because people will still start character trades thinking, that the policy is the same as the last 3 years and the function like it existed even longer.
If you do check the Character Bazaar, you can see quite some people, that got alot of stress, because nobody told them about the change.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.