Chaos Era Continues - Cyno Update

First time I see a company being actively mean to their customers. This change adds nothing to the gameplay and I will tell you what… you can ha ha hi hi all day long but if you do not revert this stupid change you are abut to lose 50 euros a month. Ha ha hi hi?

1 Like

Do you understand everyone can warp to a cyno?

yet another ill conceived change with no apparent reason stated for why JF cyno routing needed to become more complicated or why a rorqual cant use industrial cynos. just pure nonsense. The only apparent reason seems to be to put all those free skill points to use for the veteran players that didn’t really need them/

1 Like

Of course I know anyone can warp to a cyno, and as I stated covert cynos do not appear on the overview so no one know they are there to warp to. Regular cynos and the new industrial cyno will show on the overview and let the world know exactly what jumped in. Which will make hunting JFs easier.
The problem with this change is it makes no sense and adds nothing to the game. Its not going to stop people from dropping caps on fights the only thing it may stop is people from playing. If some one could provide something that shows how these changes are in any way good or improve the game then maybe I would feel different. But right now I think this is the dumbest thing that CCP has done for quite a while.

1 Like

Stuck there for 10 minutes, in full view of everyone, in a 200m ISK ship with paper-thin tank.

What could possibly go wrong?

Dress it up as ‘chaos’ as much as you like, I’m just seeing players unsubscribing.

4 Likes

My sub ran out this evening, and I do not plan on renewing it for now simply because the game has become as boring as watching paint dry.
There is no content around.
I catch myself logging in less and less over the last month and the few times I logged in it was just boring. Not worth 15 bucks a month at the moment to me.

1 Like

Wtf are you all talking about? Why would anyone in their right mind do a 10min cyno in a 200mil t2 indu? Especially if t1 indus work just fine?

There is almost NO CHANGE now for JF pilots. The covert option for JFs would have had it’s heavy advantages and it’s heavy disadvantages. This? It pretty much keeps status quo.

Everyone will just use t1 industrials as throwaway cynos like they have been using frigs before. Boohoo it now warps a little bit slower. So what? Slap t1 speed mods into the lowslots and you have yourself a 2 million isk nano cyno…
What are you all whining about? This changes NOTHING for jumpfreighters… It’s exactly what you wanted… Just switch your cheap frigs for cheap t1 indus…

This cyno-fit here aligns in 3,66 seconds and costs a whoooping 3 million isk (900k is the cyno)
https://evepraisal.com/a/nkh8q

On a side-note: I wish CCP would change the following:

1. Allow covert cynos for JFs in ADDITION to the indu cynos. I find this would allow for more individual gameplay and hardly be an issue for anything.
  2. Rename the indu cynos or allow rorquals to jump to them. The main jump-capable-industrial cannot jump to the “industrial cyno”? thats pretty stupid.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t have to set up cyno chains with multiple jumps in null-sec, where align time isn’t everything. It was already drudgery moving ships around for cynos. Now it is more drudgery, in terms of time, effort, and ISK for essentially the same benefits as before and with no real extra content provided.

1 Like

This is laughable.
Before, move my cynos into place in an inty through 20 jumps of low/null. Grab noobship and light.

After move t1 inty through 20 err 10 jumps and blapped on bubbled gate, start over, finally make it there and light.

Yea no change.

1 Like

Lets be honest here, this part here was too easy and needed changing.
I’m not saying the Industrial Cyno was the right way, but using a corvette with no fittings was just too easy.

Why was it too easy?
Most cynos especially in lowsec die - So it must be the cost of the kill you believe wasn’t right?
Using industrial’s simply adds more time to an already tedious job, with no extra benefits accept to those who pop cynos for sport, they’ll now get a 2 millions isk kill instead of 1 million.

Industrail cyno “could” have been acceptable had they shortened the time to something that reflects how they are used but simply making a specific module that points everyone undocked in a system to the killmail, that is stuck in space for 10 minutes is just adding more pressure to an already stressful task.

Using Industrial’s for cynos in itself isn’t bad - Seeding them and keeping up supply is what breaks it.

3 Likes

Buh bye bye cheap cyno alts… bye bye t1 frig cyno toons…:frowning:

We’re being screwed over while they smoke weird stuff and drink weird alcohol there in iceland.

Time to put the caps to sales…How bout an protest?

2 Likes

Because if it’s that easy we might as well just remove the cyno and implement them as actual jump drives.

Now, the locked in place & 10 minutes seem good places to start addressing things. The locked in place is a very old legacy code and design piece, that doesn’t make a lot of sense in the current day & meta.

Generates a cynosural field for capital ship jump drives to lock on to.

note: Can only be fit by Force Recons and Black Ops Battleships

they realy did this sh…

a shame what ccp did the last few month.

shame shame

3 Likes

Maybe? Keeping in mind I am only talking in terms of JF logistics. In the case of JF logistics the hard part is not lighting the cyno. It is getting your cyno to the destination. In some ways I’d say it “might” be slightly easier getting a cloak+MWD industrial through dangerous space than a noobship (I’ve had plenty of noobships popped on gates trying to get where I was going.)

I’m getting really sick of everyone seeming to infer that all JF pilots simply have static routes that needed to be supplied. Many JF pilots, small groups and contract haulers don’t have set routes. In their lives they are moving cyno’s constantly. It is probably the 5th time I’ve said this but when hauling for Pushx I could easily fly cyno alts 200-300 jumps daily. Much of this is in dangerous space. It was already tedious just flying that much even in a fast interceptor.

4 Likes

You’ve never moved a JF though multiple nulsec lowsec jumps have you. It was never “easy”, the only thing that made it slightly tolerable was the relative ease and cost of waypoint cyno’s. Sure losing a 2 million isk cyno is no biggy, it is the added logistics of keeping them seeded that is the issue.
CCP NEVER consider how something they think is a good idea will actually affect those who play the game, haven’t done since Fozziesov (and before).

My JF has one last trip - To Jita and put on market, which isn’t all bad as I now have 9 chars over 4 accounts to extract and shelve.,. Of course once my JF is gone all my manufacturing alts can go too as "paying the new prices for logistics makes building stuff way less profitable for me as i don’t belong to a Bloc group that can just pour items out like milk from a carton. So there’s another 6 accounts extracted and shelved.

I’m not quitting, I’ll just go back to my roots and kill NPC’s to fund the couple of remaining accounts. I’ll no longer be contributing to my alliance in any meaningful way, like many others, I’ll just be a “Scrub” after 15 years of playing Eve.

This is after all CCP’s stated goal - Make it harder for older players. Well from here, you failed, you just freed up around 12 hours a week and saved me having to sub 10 or so accounts… OP success?

1 Like

I never inferred any such thing, it matters little if you have set routes or multiple routes the issue is the same - You still need to seed cyno haulers.Yes it is much harder for contract haulers (2 years with black frog) but the logistics of having “cost effective” cynos is the same.

1 Like

I happened to use your post but I specifically did not say “you” in my reply because I wasn’t singling out you.

I bring it up because I do see it as a different issue. I hauled several years for Push, and in that time I rarely stocked cyno’s anywhere. That is because outside of a handful of systems, mosty border systems back to HS, the routes were all different enough there was no benefit to stocking cyno modules etc.

When people are talking about seeding their routes it can potentially minimize the perceived pain, as it is harder to get that initial cyno to the location, but after that you can bring plenty more cyno ships. Yes they take way more space now, but that is nothing compared to having to fly the T1 indy to the destination multiple times a day

Hopefully that makes sense. We are both in agreement that this is a completely crappy change. I’m just trying to point out it is even more crappy for those without fixed route hauling.

1 Like

My bad, I read more into it. Which is something i often tell others not to do :smirk:

I agree, those who don’t use fixed routes are worst hit, not only with the actual change but the added time and personal logistics too. No-one is going to want to pay for the extra time and risk taken to deliver their contracts to Nul.
I always thought hauling into Nul was too cheap, though i did make decent isk. Now the JF pilot has added cost and time but won’t get anything extra for it.,.

1 Like

Chaos Error… RIP.

2 Likes