Chaos Era Continues - Cyno Update

I absolutely love anything that nerfs instant travel in this game. But I think there should be more to it than Force Recon and Black Ops.
How about allowing T1 BS to be used as well but giving Cynos a spool up time of 60 seconds (down to 40 seconds with skills maybe) until the cyno becomes active and the beacon is created.

This way Battleships, a shipclass that needs a ton of love, will have a new role, while at the same time making it impossible to instantly WTFPWN anyone.
Putting a damp on instant responses will make fights happen more often, since you actually have a chance to shut down enemy reinforcements before they block out the sun while also allowing for some time to disengage from a fight that is going to become too blobby.

Make sure you are buying you skill injectors in Tranquility Trading Tower!!!
Keep buying you are all making me richā€¦ I will need to be for all they cyno ships im going to get poped

2 Likes

I donā€™t get it. Just a raggedy ole JF pilot here. For some reason out of the blue I am now faced with a pretty significant time sink to train into Recons, and then spend a significant amount of ISK, for me, to do something I can already do. Because I didnā€™t spend enough time and skill points training into Jump Freighters in the first place, right?

And now Iā€™m being forced to fly a ship I really have no interest in using for its intended purpose. Hmm.

Not a fan of this, guys.

1 Like

already exaggerated too much ā€¦ for nothing ā€¦ you took local you took ā€¦ all ā€¦ now you want the world to pay bills , already exaggerated maximum ā€¦ out of 4 accounts I stayed at 2 now remain 0

1 Like

Players with reduced playtimes will have to play the game differently than how they were used to.

If it means less endless defense fleets and an actual obliteration of a groupā€™s assets in Null (something Eve has really never had so far), I think it will be for the better.

HS and Wh Raids into Null will be more frequent and have a more lasting effect on umbrella groups, which, imo, is something the game needs to refresh its static sov space and give a chance to emerging groups.

Try Naval Action. Its same like EvE, but with Sail-Ships (around 1700s) instead of Space-Ships. And if you sunk, you lost your Ship and everithing you cargo with you at this point. Items/Ships in Ports are Safe. Same as in EvEā€¦

Quite apart from the change being nuts, introducing them in September is also an insult to those with mutiple cyno characters on a single account. The train time to covert ops + cyno V means that to have those characters ready for ā€˜Septemberā€™ they either have to inject or buy multiple character training. A cynic would say that someone wants to sell more plex.

3 Likes

Because nobody will be able to make a proper response fleet on the defensive side.

All Force Reconā€™s on the defense will just get blapped immediately, and by the time there is any proper reaction the offensive will have already cleared the grid.

Enforcer as well? (Is a force recon)

Iā€™m tired of the CCP, and asked in support where the button to unsubscribe with a refund money.

4 Likes

Well you are not playing at a high enough level (per ccp) They want to make it HARD for Veterans.
Maybe go backwards and start flying 50 T1 haulers and that would work right???

It sounds like you bought your carrier expecting it to be a big I WIN button. The reality is that before those nerfs they were buffed to obscene proportions and they are now correcting their mistakes.

A capital has no counter to small ships by design.

You are not expected to be able to swat anything that comes your way without support to pin the fuckers down.

2 Likes

The game needs more people with your mindset.

Ladett, do you really think that CCP needs to give you a way to deliver your capital nutsack into peopleā€™s faces for free? Did you consider that maybe people are ready to leave the game because any random ship they engage can, and often does, have a cyno?

As someone who regularly drops with a celestis that costs like 20milā€¦ this is a needed change. It can always be revisited for exact shiptypes/etc, but the idea is that now you have to THINK about deploying caps, not just slame YES as long as it looks like the other guy doesnā€™t have any.

Why would you get a refund?

Nah. Some of us remember how to do combat drops, thanks. Institutional memoryā€™s a wonderful part of organizations.

2 Likes

It should be only JF can light cynosā€¦

3 Likes

Now thats an idea i could support :joy:

are you ccp? not? well, then pass by

Xnoun, if your only playstyle was swinging your capital dick in peopleā€™s faces with zero effort, the game wonā€™t be sorry to see you go.