Chaos Era Continues - Cyno Update

Im moving to WH. Thought problem will be that there will be noone to hunt in null after this.

Teddybears. are recruiting :wink:

AWESOME MOVE CCP !

Cynos / Capitals /JFs are completly overpowered.

Love it

Hes probably sore that he paid a yearly subscription for 3 frigate cyno toons on one account and now cant use em :smile:

Iā€™ll keep that in mind, for real :wink:

1 Like

worst idea ever I heardā€¦

1 Like

So your saying you dont know why either, but just feel like wasting their time?

Keep them coming! Bring on the Chaos!

1 Like

All the posts of people saying theyā€™ll simply go back to WoW.

Wow, how did we get the point where Eve actually catered to such a crowd en masse ?

gb2WoW you plebs, and dont let the door hit you on your way out.

1 Like

It sounds like you didnā€™t do a super great job of reading the post Lido. You might want to be a bit more careful and give it a re-look.

CCP, letā€™s be objective.

When you make these changes that destroy significant investments of time and planning by players, you also weaken our confidence in Eveā€™s longevity and sustainability. A lot of people have put a lot of work into being able to move expensive jump freighters with multiple cyno alts that are paid accounts. Now, most of those ships and alts canā€™t do their job.

This is not disruption in a good way, this is disruption that shakes our faith in the game.

Most Eve players look at the history over 16 years and believe that they can work toward goals without being frustrated and seeing their time wasted by careless changes. This change shows that we canā€™t count on CCP to honor its commitments to the architecture and paradigms that players have to trust and rely on. When you set out a line/branch/path of functionality, you have made a promise to the players: ā€œtrain X months to fly a jump freighter, invest Y isk in the ships and fittings, train an alt in cyno and pay for the alt account along with your main, and you will be able to do these things and reach these desirable objectives.ā€
CCP you have broken your promises. This destroys our confidence in you and the game. In light of this careless and callous twist, I have to re-assess how I think about playing Eve, which has always been for the long term.
I am, frankly, ashamed of your behavior in this matter. You have broken our trust.

Hilmar, Eve doesnā€™t need or want chaos, it needs evolving innovation. Donā€™t destroy player efforts - reward them.

21 Likes

awesome no more ceptor cynos

3 Likes

I know I havenā€™t really played this game properly in years in light of actually having a real life now.
In any case this is arguably one of the worst knee-jerk changes that you guys have ever done and Iā€™ve been playing EvE for over a decade now.
While I do agree that perhaps you should stop certain ships from being able to use a cyno (supers and titans specifically) limiting it to 2 ship classes (one of which is a silly choice) is downright absurd.
Cyno on a black ops? When was the last time you saw a black ops light a cyno? Sure let me go use a billion isk ship and light a cyno with it, brilliant.

on the logistics side:

Do you actually expect everyone to train cyno 5 on all their JF cyno alts now? Frankly I see people unsubbing as a more likely possibility.

on the combat side:

So youā€™ve just essentially eliminated any element of surprise trap from the game. A solo vexor doing stupid things is going to be a solo vexor doing stupid things. There will no longer be a chance he has a cyno and 20 friends waiting for something juicy to tackle him. Or does it have to have a falcon in tow now everywhere it goes?
Again I donā€™t see people doing this either.

Those people that still use supers to do stupid ā– ā– ā– ā–  and carry a cyno with expectation of being saved will just unsub. Solo dropping titans will become a thing of the past as well. Again more people unsubbing.

Did you actually think this through? Cause Iā€™ve spent about 10 minutes thinking about this and I donā€™t see a single positive thing regarding this change.

-Maka

7 Likes

Nullsec was never meant to be a second permanent private Hisec with renting benefits.

Attrition of assets will effectively wear out umbrella groups, and itā€™s about time it happened.

What on earth makes you think thatā€™s going to happen?

2 Likes

FCore GangBangTeam would like to extend our thanks for considering and accepting our direct proposal for cynosural generator changes. We are looking forward for the second proposal related to adding interdictor probe capable of suppressing any cynosural fields from being engaged inside the disruption radius.

Thank you for making EVE how it was meant to be played!

2 Likes

Ok, this, in the first time in 12 years ,made me cancel my subscriptions without real live issues.

2 Likes

TehCloud o/

[17:43:39] > I quit eve thanks man
[17:45:32] > o7 you can be happy to know that you are the reason I quit eve.

This is how I feel about EVE, haha.

1 Like

gl finding kills for all u pvp assholes when null implodes which it will u wont have any targets enjoy ur tour of space

1 Like

How the hell are logistic corps using JFā€™s going to be able carry on delivering peoples ā– ā– ā– ā–  throughout eve if they have to use cov op ships to light cynos , dumb ass idea . 16 yr old toon starting to look for another game CHEERS CCP