Chat Bubbles going to disappear

the problem is most of that “metric” is going to be people who went to open up a character info window and instead of opening chat.

ive know people being hunted that accidently ended up opening the window while his enemy was typing a plan to his corp to catch him

Hey CCP!

Here’s the only way that I would like to see speech bubbles returned:

Pewpew

–Old School Gadget

3 Likes

I would hope they are looking at more than just if the button was clicked. I would really hooe they look more into if the clicking actually lead to a back and forth exchange or not. Still, who knows.

2 Likes

Yeah bro, I fully understand what you’re saying. To be honest I haven’t experienced anything with the chat bubbles. As for the ‘OMG, it’s a Bot’ behavior in-game, I blame CCP for not only allowing it to happen, but also for promoting and encouraging that type of mentality. Now about the ISK fee being charged when someone tries to implement convo, I still feel that option needs to be removed from the game. It doesn’t put any ISK into your wallet so what good is it? In order to keep players from using chat requests as a weapon when involved in an important operation, that can easily be turned off beforehand. In fact to make it easily accessible, CCP could just add the option to disable and enable chat requests in the right-click menu.

Man I completely agree 100% and then some. That’s why I pointed it out in my reply.

Not everybody has ‘Voice’ capability enabled on their computers, I no longer have it now thanks to CCP removing Eve Voice. I can say from my experience the in-game chat windows are still used quite a bit, probably due to me being in NPC Corp. I agree CCP should definitely make info to new players much more accessible in-game. However I don’t think encouraging players to use 3rd party out of game applications is the answer. In my opinion it makes CCP look cheap, causes extra work and or cost to people just to play the game and more importantly, it ruins immersion into the game.

2 Likes

and then they were GONE!!!

They never existed. :wink:

1 Like

but 3rd parties are doing it so much better than any gaming company has ever. plus the days of playing just one game are long long gone. clans became communities and the rest is history. can’t blame CCP on this one, when the likes of teamspeak discord and twitch are kicking the shite out of any in game voice comms we can only expect what we have happening now, i mean let’s face it, discord alone leaves all comms in EVE in the dust. i mean you can talk directly with corp mates at any time of the day from anywhere in the world if you have internet coverage on discord, no game log in needed, which is also another powerful tool, the ability to communicate outside of the EVE enviroment.

i will agree with you on basic voice comms in game should be there no matter what. but it can’t compete with 3rd partys apps, it just can’t so here we are.

was a bad idea to start with and what i can’t understand is the never ending work on in game nonsense that nobody wants while other aspects of the game are in dire need of work.

you know a better way to make new players chat
can flip them and blow them up
ccp damn carebear sjws

aww, man
I’ll miss the awkward moments I generated after accidentally opening a chat with another random guy :stuck_out_tongue:

because that was the only thing these bubbles were good for

Yeah, guess I’m just old fashioned, I play one mmo at a time and when I’m out of game, that means exactly that. I don’t need to or even want to talk to people in-game when I’m out. I also don’t run around all day long with my phone glued to my ear either. I’m definitely not a casual player and I’m no fanatic either, I’m just a hard core player who believes the game should provide access to all apps needed to play it.

:expressionless:

Anyway, didn’t mean to go off on a tangent, chat bubbles gone? Good, they didn’t do anything to increase my gaming pleasure. Eve Voice gone? Bad, definitely decreased my gaming pleasure. And no, I’m not gonna do Teamspeak, Discord, Twitter or whatever. The point is if I’m playing a game, I shouldn’t have to use 3rd party apps to actually play that game.

2 Likes

I didn’t use it, what was wrong with it, besides taking up space?

1 Like

Add emotes to chat. They will be used.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.