Chat server malfunctioning

Hello,

I started having problem with all chat channels being blank upon login and this error appearing:

Could not connect to chat server at tq.chat.eveonline.com:5222. Please ensure that this port isn’t blocked. Retry?

I click retry and all chat channels start working. Then, after some time, the channels reset again with “Attempting to join a channel” message.

Started happening after today’s small patch which downloaded in EVE launcher and updating my Windows 10 to version 1809. Not sure which update caused it, but I updated my OS first, then launched the game and it updated itself too.

My internet is fine with 11ms ping to the nearest test server and 230MB/s DOWN and 24MB/s UP.

same issue here.

1 Like

It is very dangerous in nullsec since I can’t 100% trust the local… I guess, I need to treat it like being in a womrhole? :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: now the chat seems completely dead and wouldn’t reconnect after clicking RETRY in the pop-up.

Having same issue. Has anyone turned in a ticket?

1 Like

Just submitted the ticket.

[ 2018.10.04 15:25:56 ] (notify) Your docking request has been accepted. Your ship will be towed into station.
[ 2018.10.04 15:25:58 ] (question) Could not connect to chat server at tq.chat.eveonline.com:5222.

Please ensure that this port isn’t blocked.

Retry?
[ 2018.10.04 15:26:12 ] (question) Could not connect to chat server at tq.chat.eveonline.com:5222.

Retry?
[ 2018.10.04 15:26:21 ] (question) Could not connect to chat server at tq.chat.eveonline.com:5222.

Retry?
[ 2018.10.04 15:26:31 ] (question) Could not connect to chat server at tq.chat.eveonline.com:5222.

Retry?
[ 2018.10.04 15:26:35 ] (question) Could not connect to chat server at tq.chat.eveonline.com:5222.

Retry?
[ 2018.10.04 15:26:43 ] (question) Could not connect to chat server at tq.chat.eveonline.com:5222.

Retry?

I have been having the same problems too, started a day or two ago, was on the wifi and started to DC seemingly EVERY HOUR on the minute, but seemingly was related to a hack or virus, and related to the old isp. I changed isp and have not been DC’d once since. So that is a huge improvement. But Since I got the slow dsl, and that is all I get here for choice it seems, I have had issues with the chats on every account I log on, and when I run multi accounts, some will freeze up when I express multiple commands closely together across different accounts. I have only had the new isp for one day and already and regretting moving here without checking what isp was available and the services they offer. Sigh :frowning:

So IDK what to think now though, others are having issues with chats too?
Today’s seems a little better as far as at least, logging on… and getting the accounts up and running.

This is terrible though. If I can’t play Eve, my life is over

Just started working.

Yup, seems working again now too for me as well.

Works again here, thanks guys!

Still can’t view chats.

Не удалось подключиться к серверу чата tq.chat.eveonline.com:5222. Убедитесь, что этот порт открыт. Повторить попытку?
нашли исправление? как это лечить?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.