Cheap ECM Fit

Here is a serious attempt at making a cheap low sec ECM rescue fit.

[Griffin, Crowbar]
Damage Control I
Hypnos Compact Signal Distortion Amplifier I

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Enfeebling Scoped Ladar ECM
Morpheus Enduring Magnetometric ECM
CZ-4 Compact Gravimetric ECM
Kapteyn Compact Sensor Dampener

TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Transverse Bulkhead I
Small Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Small Particle Dispersion Augmentor I

Hobgoblin I x1

If you’re wondering why there is no Radar ECM, it seems no gang ever uses more than 3 Ammar ships in lowsec to gate camp except for highsec-lowsec connections. I was wondering to use either damps to make sure that the enemy had longer to relock or a multispectrial ECM. Or maybe even a warp scrambler since that could be useful to make sure anyone attacking my buddies near a gate gets more gate gun fire.

Everything that can be dropped is dirt cheap. So even though you’re suiciding yourself to save a buddy from gate pirates, they’re not getting much loot. I debated using nanofiber internal structure for maneuverability instead of Damage Control, but nanos can increase the drop value of the fit, at the time of making it, restrained nanos made up 25% of the value of it. So I ditched it and went for the cheapest damage control. I considered Tech 1 afterburner, but it turned out to be more expensive than the meta module, go figure.

It’s pretty much a cheap suicide ship. You find your buddy being attacked, you use ECM to “taunt,” get blown up by the baddies, and hopefully he gets away. Or if the gate campers underestimated the tank of your buddies and they would have won without your help, then you can get in on the killmail and maybe save your buddies from using so much nanite paste.

Then you realize your buddy was attacked by a Kiki or a Stratios and didn’t have the correct ECM fitted.

Gah…

I haven’t seen Ammar ships used for lowsec gatecamps (well except the high sec links) but I thought non-Empire ships used Magnetometric sensors.

Well I guess I’ll just bring some more ECM modules next time I take a trip to Jita. I’m not paying a 300000% premium to buy locally.

or, as we have been telling you for a month now, get your corp mates to help!!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.