Check out SC new Industrial Ship. No Joke!

Copyright infringement?

Looks awfully familiar

1 Like

Welcome to last week

Edit: if you had spend a little more time outside your basement you might have noticed that CCP is already aware, so there is not need for you to go all spergy

1 Like

News letter came out yesterday, so that makes it official

1 Like

RSI mentions the ship has been a staple throughout the Wing commander series, yet I don’t recall it being anywhere in WC1 through 3.

It’s ridiculous. They call it the “Vulture.” Even the name is close to the Venture

And that’s a vulture:

Words have meaning, you know.

2 Likes

Its copyright infringement, plain and simple.

At least when EVE players will find their game dead one day, they will have a substitute. :thinking:

6 Likes

Except it isn’t.

1 Like

Its like with “porshes” in GTA Online.

120 $ the cheapest package??? :scream:

I guess they think 2-digit price tags on JPGs are for pussies…

Not if it came from Wing Commander, and if it turns out it did then it will be CCP that is infringing if too many people make too much noise about it. I played WC ages ago, so I honestly do not remember the ships in it and don’t feel like looking them all up. But, just a thought …

The only ship remotely resembling it was the Faldari:

But even it it’s quite different since the ship is flat (the cockpit doesn’t rises above the body) and the booms are more like a twin body than actual booms.

The Venture is obviously inspired by this service boats:

And the Vulture is, being generous, a “reimagining” of the Venture, down to being effin’ yellow.

Frankly, if CCP was evil they would advertise the Venture saying “fly it now, and fly it FREE!” :rofl:

3 Likes

Not really, since Chris Roberts does not own the Wing Commander IP.

Origin of this Vultured Venture is funny.

First there were some designs Chris Roberts didnt like. Like some boxy ships, really ugly in my opinion too. Then designer went to try cylinders on ship in some places, then he left SC creators for some other company. Then they asked some freelancer, and then its like its common theme, and all sci fi ships are like that and whatnot… then you see it and its just looks like redesigned venture. Like someone would take Venture and Vulture it. So obvious.

Heh, the usual “creative reimagining” of “well known themes” which just becomes plagiarism. And since it’s a freelancer’s doing, well, ask the guy. Law can’t expect CIG to know every single ship design around, can it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Maybe they like EVE better than their own game?

Chris Roberts ALWAYS up to his old tricks

1 Like

the ship is different enough for a lawsuit would probably fail