Chronicles of a liberal holder part 1

sigh And most people are smart enough to keep themselves to themselves when it comes to topics like this. Seen this before. An Amarr defending the way he treats his slaves. Can we please have something more original?

2 Likes

Ah, another dishonest fuckknuckle rewriting the dictionaries to suit himself.

Slave: Person who is the legal property of another. Forced to obey.

This isn’t, and never will be the same or even similar to addictions, working a job, servitude to people or causes, drives or motivations. There is no “my” definition or “your” definition, there is the definition of the word and you deciding to take a gods-be-damned hatchet to it does not change what that definition is.

Is it just me or are capsuleer quality for all the nations deteriorating significantly?

2 Likes

Don’t romanticize the past. There were just as many fools then as there are today. Possibly not as visible though.

Probably the Jovians are behind this. :alien:

2 Likes

Dark Times

1 Like

Lasairiona Raske I see merit to your words. Slavery is clearly not a very popular subject outside of Amarr communication canals. I felt I might get some support from those of other nations for wanting to improve the living conditions for slaves throughout the Empire. I see now that I was wrong and shall speak no more of the subject after this.

As for you Mizhara Del’thul. What is the purpose of your insults? I have not been educated in such a… direct manner of communicating. I am however schooled in “reading between the lines”. Are you suggestion that by "the"definition of slavery, anyone can force others to obey aslong as they don’t register them? they would then not be legal property and thus fall outside of “the” definition of slaves as presented by you.

Well enough on the matter. Sometimes I find it is best to agree to disagree. Since you are all capsuleers I consider you to be the most succesful people in New Eden and I seek your comradery not your hatred. Fly safe!

That’s because equivocation is fun. Amirite?

This is usually done so they can shift between the accepted use of a term and their own definition in the middle of an argument to make it seem like they’re one and the same. I’m glad he provided us his definition on his own at least and he did simply try to slip it in unnoticed. Usually I have to press my interlocutor to give their definition of the terms they’re using.

1 Like

I appreciate your providing your definition of slavery, but even if accept it a valid, it doesn’t justify slavery in Amarr. Tu quoque is not a valid defense.

Of course, I don’t accept your definition of slavery. If how ever you want to talk about worker’s and civil rights and how those in power seek more power at the expense of these rights, then that’s a separate,albeit legitimate discussion.

2 Likes

As promised I will lay the subject to rest. No pun intended. Let us talk about worker’s and civil rights instead. What is your view on these matters Tannia Ambrye?

Chronicles of a liberal holder part 2

YC 119, Deepari, Amarr somewhere in the Claysson system,

These are the chronicles of Ignus Veritas.

The capsuleer “community” if it can be called that. Is not what I had expected it to be. As a matter of fact that goes for most of the non-capsuleers I,ve met aswell. I allways believed all but those from Amarr space where savages. Under Amarr rule they would have better lives then they ever could outside of it. Now I am not so sure anymore.

Conversing with “heathens” has brought me a lot of confusion. It is clear to me now that the greater part of New Eden considers the Amarr theology as fraudulent. I am forced by logic to give the opinion of the masses serious consideration.

I allready had an unorthodox view on Amarr society. Now I ponder, could we truly have been so wrong about the will of the divine?

My love for the Empire has not suffered. Amarr IS holy. After all It has brought peace and prosperity to the masses for a very, very long time. If part of Amarr is sick and twisted then I will seek to heal her.

It would seem God sends me on this path. Whilst I flew through space as captain of the salvaging Coercer I mentioned earlier a capsuleer donated me enough ISK to buy a cruiser class vessel. I have taken this as a Sign. I have selected a new and bigger crew, all of them are well paid for the risk they take in flying with me. They are also all willing to die for the Empire. In light of my recent doubts I have chosen an Arbiter class drone boat. It lacks the charm of holy light but enemy fire directed at the drones is enemy fire that doesn’t kill my crew. Who knew such things might be important for more then economical reasons?

… Would an astrocartographer care to try and explain this?

2 Likes

Maybe Claysson is the name of one of the planets, and it has a large system of moons he got lost in.

1 Like

Could be local names, my lady? I mean, it’s only in the last couple hundred years my own culture learned our system’s star was … well, just another star.

We definitely don’t call our own homeworld “Saisio III.”

1 Like

Ah,

I see I made an error wich led to some confusion. Maybe I really shouldn’t have tried to interface with my drones whilst pilotting and updating my chronicles simultaneously. Then again I suppose the bleeding eyes kind of gave that away allready.

Everything’s fine now thanks for pointing out my error.

Blockquote
My views on what should happen to Holy Amarr can be considered unorthodox. You can imagine my joy to live under the reign of Empress Catiz Tash-Murkon, long may she rule!

Are you implying Empress Catiz is unorthodox?

So, umm… this guy is a slave right?

Do you, umm, know the late Lord Arzad Hamri? This sorta reminds me of him… except maybe worse?

Not only are you confused, you are a heretic!

3 Likes

I’ll go ahead an imply Empress Kittens is unorthodox. She’s about the least orthodox kitten I’ve ever seen! No ball of yarn? No chasing laser pointers… what gives?!

1 Like

I dare to suggest your chamberlain has transferred from minmatar to ammatar.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.