Claevyan

Claevyan for CSM 13

Introduction:
The name is pronounced “Clay-vi-en” though many just call me Clay. I ran for CSM last year, late in the season and more as a joke at first, though the thought became a lot more serious once I delved into other candidacies running and the history of the CSM within eve. My overall purpose and goal as a candidate has remained largely unchanged, to see the growth of the eve community and the eve universe as a whole.
I like to keep things short and easy to read, see below for bullet points for my platform. As you will see, my ideas and interests are wide and varied. I will be posting more here with background information about myself and my time in eve.
Should anyone wish to contact me, please feel free to do so here on the forums, in game via email\private message, or fill out This Handy Form I made and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Areas of representation:
With recent experience, I feel well suited to represent most of the eve universe, with an emphasis on wormhole space. I have operated out of low sec and hi-sec as a mission runner, explorer, and bad PvPer. I spent time as a hi-sec mercenary back before it was cool (has it ever really been cool though?) and I currently live in wormholes. For the last year I have also ran with various NPSI groups, doing blops drops, gate camps, fleet roams, etc.

Hot Topics and Areas of Interest

Alliance System Overhaul – The system is almost a non-entity in the general scheme of eve. It will take a lot of work but there needs to be a restructuring (or better yet, any structure at all) given to alliances within the game. I would like to see CCP take a closer look at this as they remove POS code.

• Wallets
  • Roles
  • Bookmarks
  • Recruitment
  • Government structures?

Exploration – There is a lot here that can be improved or expanded upon. Exploration has the potential to really open up Eve to new players wanting to explore and discover a universe full of secrets, treasure, danger, etc.

• Discoverable “Unknown Entity” or “hidden signatures” (rolling back a bit of the Discovery Scanner via new content)
  • potential escalations from looted cans to either ghost site type loot arenas or actual combat scenarios

Wormhole Space – My homeland for years, wormhole dwellers have received some love this last year with several updates aimed specifically for them. However, there are always places to improve. Here are a few ideas.

• Drifter despawn?
  • Drifter AI (should they be able to take holes?! Should large numbers of them be able to attack vulnerable citadels?)
  • Wormhole Town Halls and brain storming events
  • Relook at C1-C4 site mechanics and known bugs with anoms and data\relic sites
  • Introduction of a fueled depot, to replace POS’s as a forward beachhead for camping trips or eviction notices. (general idea is 1. always vulnerable, 2. single 24 RF timer, 3. fueled to provide tethering and ship maintenance services within a 15km radius, 3. cannot be anchored within 1000km of any other structure, asteroid field, anomaly, etc. 4. If no fuel, does not RF and has no resistances to incoming damage)
  • Reworking wormhole timers and how long statics stay alive before going EOL.

Economics – I would like to see the introduction of an eve exchange market for stocks, bonds, etc.

• Rework of current “shares” system for corporations
  • Mechanic for escrow and condition based borrowing\lending\leasing
  • Economy townhall

Bottom Line:
I hold no sovereignty. I have no political agenda. I can make no promises as to what will happen when I am on the CSM. I want to be there to represent the community of EVE in all aspects of game play. This is a preposterously good and addictive game with some amazing people and I know we all want to see it grow and strengthen in the months and years to come.
What I offer, what any candidate can really ever promise, is an open ear and a channel through which CCP can hear you, know you, and trust you, the community.

Contact me at Claevyan1@gmail.com, or use the contact form linked once already or hit me up in game. I am also on about 18 different Eve related discord channels, so chances are SOMEONE you know has my discord contact.

-Claevyan

5 Likes

[Biographical information to be posted here soon, as well as updates and information. Cheers!]

Early Days in EVE
I started playing eve December 30th, 2007. Making this December my 10 year anniversary. I rolled up my caldari toon with a friend of mine and his dad. We played for about 2 years straight, starting out in hi-sec running missions and occasionally feeling tough enough to go die in lowsec somewhere in some terribly fit frigate. After a few weeks of play we all three decided to join a corporation running out of Amarr space called The One Academy. The guys and girls there were great and operated on a super noob friendly basis. They ran lvl 4 and 5 missions with us, hunted war targets with us whenever we got war decc’d, and helped tune our skills as pilots. Eventually the CEO held a large meeting where he explained that the Academy had been only a training ground to build up pilots for The One Corporation, which would be launching in the next few days and heading out to Null Sec to claim sov. My friends and I joined up with the Corp and were introduced to Null.
These were the days before jump freighters, where convoys had to be organized, well managed, and secret as best as possible. The null entity we joined to was the Sylph Alliance, CVA friendly operating mostly out of Catch with a few Provi systems thrown in.

We lived there for a year, basing out of CBL-XP. I ran my first fleets as an FC out there, barely knowing what i was doing but still managing to bait roaming gangs into traps and then make use of the then really easy jump bridge network to get ahead of enemy fleets and decimate them on gates in their own turf.

The entire time our alliance was embroiled in a ceaseless war with multiple groups. Members of The One Corporation started to feel like death was coming to our alliance as we saw the mounting losses and every increasing number of FCs and competent pilots jumping ship, but we were still new to Null sec and had no idea what to do or where to go. It was not a pleasant time and several of our main line members and leaders took a break from eve.

Yeah, this could be interesting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.