Claevyan for CSM 13
The name is pronounced “Clay-vi-en” though many just call me Clay. I ran for CSM last year, late in the season and more as a joke at first, though the thought became a lot more serious once I delved into other candidacies running and the history of the CSM within eve. My overall purpose and goal as a candidate has remained largely unchanged, to see the growth of the eve community and the eve universe as a whole.
I like to keep things short and easy to read, see below for bullet points for my platform. As you will see, my ideas and interests are wide and varied. I will be posting more here with background information about myself and my time in eve.
Should anyone wish to contact me, please feel free to do so here on the forums, in game via email\private message, or fill out This Handy Form I made and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Areas of representation:
With recent experience, I feel well suited to represent most of the eve universe, with an emphasis on wormhole space. I have operated out of low sec and hi-sec as a mission runner, explorer, and bad PvPer. I spent time as a hi-sec mercenary back before it was cool (has it ever really been cool though?) and I currently live in wormholes. For the last year I have also ran with various NPSI groups, doing blops drops, gate camps, fleet roams, etc.
Hot Topics and Areas of Interest
Alliance System Overhaul – The system is almost a non-entity in the general scheme of eve. It will take a lot of work but there needs to be a restructuring (or better yet, any structure at all) given to alliances within the game. I would like to see CCP take a closer look at this as they remove POS code.
- Government structures?
Exploration – There is a lot here that can be improved or expanded upon. Exploration has the potential to really open up Eve to new players wanting to explore and discover a universe full of secrets, treasure, danger, etc.
- Discoverable “Unknown Entity” or “hidden signatures” (rolling back a bit of the Discovery Scanner via new content)
- potential escalations from looted cans to either ghost site type loot arenas or actual combat scenarios
Wormhole Space – My homeland for years, wormhole dwellers have received some love this last year with several updates aimed specifically for them. However, there are always places to improve. Here are a few ideas.
- Drifter despawn?
- Drifter AI (should they be able to take holes?! Should large numbers of them be able to attack vulnerable citadels?)
- Wormhole Town Halls and brain storming events
- Relook at C1-C4 site mechanics and known bugs with anoms and data\relic sites
- Introduction of a fueled depot, to replace POS’s as a forward beachhead for camping trips or eviction notices. (general idea is 1. always vulnerable, 2. single 24 RF timer, 3. fueled to provide tethering and ship maintenance services within a 15km radius, 3. cannot be anchored within 1000km of any other structure, asteroid field, anomaly, etc. 4. If no fuel, does not RF and has no resistances to incoming damage)
- Reworking wormhole timers and how long statics stay alive before going EOL.
Economics – I would like to see the introduction of an eve exchange market for stocks, bonds, etc.
- Rework of current “shares” system for corporations
- Mechanic for escrow and condition based borrowing\lending\leasing
- Economy townhall
I hold no sovereignty. I have no political agenda. I can make no promises as to what will happen when I am on the CSM. I want to be there to represent the community of EVE in all aspects of game play. This is a preposterously good and addictive game with some amazing people and I know we all want to see it grow and strengthen in the months and years to come.
What I offer, what any candidate can really ever promise, is an open ear and a channel through which CCP can hear you, know you, and trust you, the community.
Contact me at Claevyan1@gmail.com, or use the contact form linked once already or hit me up in game. I am also on about 18 different Eve related discord channels, so chances are SOMEONE you know has my discord contact.