Class Distinctions

I want to expose my headcanon to proving with your corrections and suggestions.
Jin Mae has three bloodlines described in the lore with some artful prose to demonstrate the differences.
My method for condensing this information is a little odd I’m asking your help to refine it.

Jing Ko - Are viewed as little more than buoyant coracles rushing down the rapids of life, open to predation by the spirits of ill chance no matter how cheerfully they paddle or attempt to steer their course.
I got this description from expanding “Ko” to Kobayashi Maru which is an infamous test of character

Saan Go - Have ever been the strategists, those who would divert the course of history through their wit and the intercession with the few Sang Do we have available to us.”

Taken from “Saan” associated with European logistics and artificial intelligence, and “Go” the Japanese name for a strategy game that famously saw ai master.

Sang Do - “Simply means a trained voice. It is the sound of insight, peering into the eternal knot and plucking out a single note of harmony that persists. Hereditary seers, some more capable than others, but each equally sought. How could they not become leaders?”

“Sang” for voice, harmonics and resonance, “Do” expanded to Dojo, for a place of training.
Eternal knot links “Eve Forever” with Korean Endless knot. When I identify the player lore that alludes to the Sang Do being precognitive I’ll update this post.

Please poke holes. I’m particularly interested in the perspective of players immersed in Oriental culture.

While I’m posting personal interpretations in the hope that someone will challenge and correct me on a technicality, there is another set:

Snowflake referred to Liberty as the sister to Justice in a summit post.

I imagine that these concepts came down through time through the true Gallente bloodline. The Federal constitution enshrines the ideals, but there is no mythology that I can find on the lore site.

I imagine the principle Liberty as the statue of Liberty know to be a Masonic gift from a French lodge to the United States lodge. I equate this iconic torch bearer with Isis, or more commonly known as Ishtar in
Gallente ship type parlance and in the mythos an ardent defender of those she loves.

But perhaps it would be better to associate The Torch Bearer with Hecate another iconic ship type and goddess known in mythology for duel wielding torches down into the underworld and out again.

The association with liberty then comes from lighting the Federations path with illuminating technology - plasma fire for example - and the freedom to choose a course in light of that Promethean knowledge.

There is not much Yan Tun or oriental flavour here but I associate Themis and Thanatosis with the Jin-Mai and the common Asian/Greek cultural use of masks to perform their personas in plays.

• Themis is the “Lady of Justice” depicted in myth as the blindfolded sword-bearer and weighing the scales of justice evenhandedly.
  • Thanatosis is behaviour used to fain - or cheat - death observed in nature and probably the source of the carrier type Thanatos.

I like to imagine the concepts of goddesses bearing arms and torches represent a common consciousness that ties the individuals of Federation in a resonance that they themselves are not fully aware of.

As a personal note in my own background story; the Saan Go House of Themis was shortened to Tem when Geana’s ancestor Melisande Themis was exiled to Lairsutron Six (or placed beyond the influence of Sang Do) for being the object of desire that caused the competition and death between two heirs, one of which was named Rao Jumen.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.