What’s your favorite faction in EVE’s lore, and why do they appeal to you?

Over EVE’s nearly two-decade lifespan, players at every level of interest have found themselves peering into the depths of the game’s backstory. For some, the lore lends ample flavor and color to the world’s largest living science-fiction universe; for others, it’s the reason they began their dive into New Eden as a Capsuleer, and for many it’s become a large part of why they play.

EVE’s rich and broad setting includes a long list of independent empires & factions with broadly multivariate motivations, outlooks, ambitions, and cultures; of all of them, which is your favorite? What about them appeals to you above all the others?

There’s something special about the EVE IP, and there’s something in it for everyone - I’d love to hear what that might be for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree.

Personally, I am very traditional with syfy stuff. Opting for classic bridge and captain not really into the capsules. I have always been an Cadari born citizen. What appeals to me is their hard work. Strong values to family, corporation, and state. I love trading between the Cadari and Amarr factions. I wish to see their bond evermore strengthened.

1 Like

My personal favorite is the Tash-Murkon family. Their crest is really amazing, they own one the most prosperous regions in the cluster, their history is intriguing - especially when you take the hardsips within Amarr society into account, and they have achieved so much to open up the Amarr society and advance it into a better future.

1 Like

I enjoy pondering the Jin-Mei’s relationship with the Federation and the continuing existence of the traditional caste system.

I wonder about the inevitable fragmentation of the empires in particular the Federation’s underpinnings of civic/naval law and Assangesq information liberty.

Was it you who suggested that the Sang-Do may be a form of Seer? If so, I’d like to develop that theme along the lines of Leonardo Da Vinci’s famous quotation:
“There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see.”

3 Likes

I always loved the ideas of megacorporations, and megacorps as nations in and of themselves, so the State drew me in instantly, even though my first character was actually Minmatar. I took a liking to Ishukone, because they seemed the least overtly abusive compared to the other ones. When it comes to my main character’s home world though, I kinda combined the ideas of a noir-cyber-dieslepunk setting, mixed with asthetics from Borderlands, Mad Max, and Armored Core. Add in the conflict with a wartorn, irradiated borderworld that’s slowly being brought under the oversite and control of the State.

2 Likes

Definitely the freedom fighters of Minmatar.
However I like the overall aesthetics of Serpentis Corporation and tactics of the Guristas.

1 Like

Amarr as they remind me of the Imperium of Man in 40k a fair bit. Also they are hard mode for RP and their aesthetics are the best and fkin lasers.

6 Likes

I love the Highsec ganking faction, they have persevered through all kinds of persecution and tribulation, to stand up for miner’s justice.

1 Like

Minor justice; sorry, could not resist.

1 Like

Serpentis are fun. There’s room for being a smuggler, a criminal group, a legitimate business, a subversive organization, drug manufacturers, and lots of other things. It’s a little lonely, since I haven’t really seen many other active Serp RPers, but it gives me lots of breathing space too.

4 Likes

It’s a bit hard for me to say. Each faction has its own set of lore that appeals to me in some way. Though, if I have to pick a favourite, it’s probably Sansha’s Nation. There’s just something deeply sinister about it that is unmatched even by the Blood Raiders. I would say it’s a cross between the Borg and a charismatic cult.

I guess that makes the Blood Raiders Khrone worshippers.

2 Likes

Caldari.

Cold Wind favors the Strong. I love the idea of a merit based society, the subtle nuances in their internal politics between the megas, their not so subtle politics when dealing with Gallente.

After them, I would say the Guristas

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.