Cloaky mwd trick enough already

oh dear… someone needs to employ remote sebo! the end of the world!

mwd+cloak takes 10 seconds, so use a small ship to ram them and get the decloak. Helps to assign some drones to the small ship so the decloak radius is a bit bigger.

1 Like

Can’t comment on role of specific geospatial location (ie Australia) but do see something similar with ninja looting.

Let me tell you a story. When a structure is bashed it has chance to drop any number of containers, from zero to eye-watering. Both bashers and ninjas then go flashy when they loot containers. But not when they board any dropped ship - if, that ship is already in space. If it is in a container, it still has to be “looted to space” first, after which it appears on the overview. Question is, do you then board (when flashy) or try and have clean alt or corp buddy do it?

One answer is I have discovered it is actually possible for me to loot a ship, see it in space and board it, all before it would actually appear on my overview. This timing is often the difference between my getting away and getting wrecked. I have never ganked anyone, but if you can see your targets in space, perhaps you need to change how you use your graphics and drop reliance on overview? Assuming it is possible to gank someone at a gate without using it?

It’s not a trick. It’s a basic mechanic. Or strategy.

Choose the one you like.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

“but if you can see your targets in space, perhaps you need to change how you use your graphics and drop reliance on overview? Assuming it is possible to gank someone at a gate without using it?”

yes actually, I believe they appear in space before they appear on overview.
also noticed that they appear on my alts overview almost a full second sometimes before they appear on this toons overview. I have tried swapping monitors, they are both running exactly the same settings out of the same graphics card, the delay seems to be linked to the account >.<

lol maybe delay scales negatively with security status

I know the obvious answer would be to use my alt as the decloaker/tackle but he is very much needed for his positive security status, he’s my hunter, remote sebos/reps and hauler.

Have you tried swapping ships or even swapping roles between your alts? I can’t imagine the “target delay” that exists for different ships would also impact time of appearance on overview. But, maybe?

Otherwise, this just goes into the same sort of category of (my) not understanding how I could be running two accounts on the same machine and one disconnects and the other doesn’t. The only difference here though is that your two alts will always be doing something different, so why does one always see the overview quicker than the other? Something has to be different, other than just the account, surely, so why not the types of ship being used??

I was also having that same issue with only one account disconnecting but that seems to have remedied itself.

It’s not just overview, sometimes the gate fire will be delayed on my main, not just visually but also I will hear the one gate fire twice, almost like he’s playing the game a full second behind everyone else.

Main usually in dram of phobos, alt in exeq or osprey. Both using same overview settings.

Oh FFS really?
This is like basic “hurrr durrrr CCPlease make my gate camp better” post.

The cloaky/mwd trick has been around for as long as those modules. But it’s not foolproof.

What you need is to spend less time complaining in the forums and more time working on your game skills.

cynos on every single ship was also around for as long as the cyno module existed too, doesn’t mean it was a good thing.

the idea I have heard passed around is that cloaks on ships without bonus’s should receive a penalty to either reactivation time (like a coldown) or a delay on the cloak activating that is longer the bigger your mass is,
and ships like black ops BS’s and endurance’s will not receive the penalty as part of their role bonus.

the issue isn’t about my gatecamp actually, my gatecamp is effected by server ping, I know how to decloak it’s not hard. and I agree with what others have said, the cloaky mwd trick brings more traffic to our gatecamp.

I’m talking about what makes sense in Eve:
eg. if a deep space transport has TANKING bonus’s it’s because it was intended to fight it’s way through camps, or be ungankable in high sec etc.
But it doesn’t fulfill that role in the real world because the better option is to fit it like a blockade runner.

just the same way as force recon’s weren’t use as force recon’s, no, the gnosis was a better force recon

there’s a simple fix:
frigates: 1 second cloak activation penalty
destroyers: 2 second cloak activation penalty
cruisers: 3 second cloak activation penalty
battlecruisers: 4 second cloak activation penalty
battleships: 5 second cloak activation penalty

blackops bs and endurance, no penalty

those numbers can be slightly modified by module meta level and actual mechanics of it can be adjusted by the ships mass

Stop whining and go play another game. CCP isn’t going to change the game because your ping sucks.

1 Like

I’m not whining at all, go to the ess update that’s where all the whining is.
honestly people coming here and telling me to stop whining, that’s the actual whining, because if you weren’t having a fat whinge in your head you wouldn’t need to comment.

LOL…you and a pathetic entitled whiner demanding CCP change the game because of a low ping and now pressured you resort to a “I’m not whining, you’re whining” counterargument.

Eve is not your game. ■■■■ off.

1 Like

you’re just an angry carebear, probably still butthurt by the mineral redistribution.
I can voice my opinion, you’re entitled to not like it, but your angry response makes you the whiner that’s a fact.

You’re asking for a big easy button for CCP and you dare call somebody else a carebear?
:rofl:

3 Likes

Get better or stop complaining about not being good enough.

1 Like

The world’s tiniest violin I assume.

Hmm. :thinking: Ok.

1 Like

I know a few Aussies, they ALL say that apart from those on Starlink Beta or Government intranet, their internet is dire.